Currently I'm using Snap and finding it a breeze to download APKs. I don't have an awful lot of Android apps on my Z30, mostly ones that have replaced abandoned apps from BB World (Poynt, I'm looking right at you!). I can't say that I'm actively searching for new apps I've got pretty much everything I want/need but is there any advantage between using Snap or Amazon? Are there more apps on one than the other or are certain apps easier to find? I can't see Amazon being any easier to use than Snap so is there a secret ingredient that I'm missing out on?
    JWWDUKE likes this.
    07-01-14 10:19 AM
    Far more available through Snap, although also more apps that may not function correctly (or at all) on your Z30.
    Most of everything available through Amazon should work on your Z30, but many apps are missing.
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    07-01-14 10:24 AM
    SNAP access Google Play's full catalog of Android app - larger selection of Apps and they are more current.

Amazon - has older version that tend to be more likely to work on BB10, due to they haven't been updated to require Google Services for verification.
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    07-01-14 10:26 AM
    Makes sense but I so far haven't had any issue with app stability via Snap but I'll keep an eye out for it. I'll take a look around Amazon later but I'll probably stick with Snap unless I run into issues.

Cheers!
    07-01-14 10:29 AM
    Probably doesn't matter unless you have access to the "free app of the day" that Amazon offers. I've built up quite a collection. Just nice to have a second source of apps.
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    07-01-14 10:55 AM
    Probably doesn't matter unless you have access to the "free app of the day" that Amazon offers. I've built up quite a collection. Just nice to have a second source of apps.
    Yep, I always check for the free app of the day too. If I'm honest, because of that I probably check the Amazon store first (as an Android source I mean) and look for something specific on Snap. Which I guess is exactly the point of it.
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    07-01-14 11:06 AM
    I have both amazon and Snap and 1mobile. I find Snap best because all APK files remain in my downloads folder and I can quickly share to other devices that I haven't side loaded Snap on. However, most people will find it easiest to load Amazon and 1mobile as it requires no side loading.

There is still a technical barrier to the majority of BB10 users doing the whole dev-mode side load which is the only reason Snap isn't more prevalent since it requires the BAR to be sideloaded... using a number of utilities (personally I use the command-line tools in Web works SDK since that is the same way I side load my apps to debug).
    07-01-14 01:12 PM
    Once the Amazon app store is officially in effect, do you think we'll have the ability to accept and reject app permissions like we do with native apps?

How does Google play work on Androids? Can they accept and reject like we can?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 08:18 AM
    Not sure how apps purchased thru the Amazon store will work, but on an Android phone you have to have the Amazon app store installed in order to use those apps even though you paid for it.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    07-02-14 10:37 AM
    Downloaded the Amazon app and I'm not convinced. The first 3 apps I downloaded from there failed to run at all, an issue I've yet to run in to with Snap, and a couple of apps I know that are free via Snap/Google are paid apps on Amazon. For instance, the official Wimbledon 2014 app is Free via Snap and $1.06 via Amazon. I'll keep trying but I'm not that impressed so far.

Posted Using a Z30 Via CB10
    07-03-14 06:01 PM