The official 'Signal Privates Messenger' now support websockets and voice calls, you can download it directly from Google Play Store. It will work fine on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. But I reckon one would need the Cobalts's google play store for that? Or will it work without it as well? Thanks!
    03-05-17 08:04 PM
    Thank you. But I reckon one would need the Cobalts's google play store for that? Or will it work without it as well? Thanks!
    It will work fine without cobalts's GPS.You just need latest version apk file. let us know how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 09:16 PM
    It will work fine without cobalts's GPS.You just need latest version apk file. let us know how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    I just installed this moments ago. I was given a warning of potential 'unreliability and behaviour' when I signed in. The sms verification did not work although I did get an sms. Voice verification worked fine, though.

I could not find a setting for polling intervals. Looks like it is trying to keep a background connection alive at all times which could eat my battery away. But we will see.

Calling has not worked so far. There is a sms/mms setting saying 'wifi calling compatibility mode' which should be, according to signal, enabled if the device supports sms/wifi delivery via wifi. I do not think the passpor does that so for me that stays disabled.

My android device has a lot more settings available than what I can see on the passport including a beta video calling feature. I am trying to use a different phone number on the android device to see how the two talk to each other - the android device, for the record, has google play and stuff!

Will update you guys on how this goes.

Thanks!
    03-06-17 12:21 AM
    Update:

1. When calling from Android to BlackBerry: "Number not registered" - The number you called oes not support secure voice calls.

2. When calling from BlackBerry to Android: The Android phone does not ring but when I hang up on the BlackBerry, the Android gets a 'missed call' notification.

2.1 Have tried both wifi calling compatibility on and off and the same result.

3. Background data is constant looks like. The text chats are getting delivered instantly.

Help?
    03-06-17 12:33 AM
    Update:

1. When calling from Android to BlackBerry: "Number not registered" - The number you called oes not support secure voice calls.

2. When calling from BlackBerry to Android: The Android phone does not ring but when I hang up on the BlackBerry, the Android gets a 'missed call' notification.

2.1 Have tried both wifi calling compatibility on and off and the same result.

3. Background data is constant looks like. The text chats are getting delivered instantly.

Help?
    You are right about voice calling, Hopefully they will solve this issue in future.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 01:48 AM
    You are right about voice calling, Hopefully they will solve this issue in future.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, hopefully. Also - I have verified, the data connection is constant and the app runs constantly in the background. The notifications are, hence, instant, but will come at the cost of battery life and data use. So we will see. I will let the app run for a day and see the impact it has on my usage.

What I have also seen is that the phone has become a tad sluggish because of this. Mind you - other than this - I have no android apps installed so I am accustomed to a super snappy device. So we will see!

I hope what I am doing is not a thread hijack since the thread is about TextSecure (which of course has now become Signal in part, I think!). If this is indeed a hijack, I request that my posts be moved to an appropriate location.
    03-06-17 01:58 AM
    Unfortunately, I have had to uninstall the app. The android app running in the background was causing a few challenges:

1. The battery was depleting faster.
    2. The phone had become noticeably sluggish.
    3. The above was most noticeable with the lift to wake feature. The device would struggle to wake up when lifted.
    4. The app was causing auto brightness to get stuck in brightest setting. Had to restart many times to get the auto brightness to work again while the app was still running.
    5. When I tried to deregister my phone number, the app kept crashing.

So I just went ahead, uninstalled the app, soft reset my phone and here I am, back to square one!
    03-06-17 09:09 PM
    Update: Version 3.31.4 is out now. This version is now based on the Signal code base as LibreSignal is no more.
    Signal now supports WebSockets so it is usable fully without GCM (PlayServices).

So this version introduces several new features:
    • GIF Support
    • Voice Messages
    • Call support should work (though it might not ring on incoming calls)
    • Attachments now shows the image gallery with images to quickly use as attachment
    • QuickScroll Up/Down Feature
    • Overlay showing the Date of chat messages when scrolling up
    • Timed Messages (Selftimer that destroys message after read and given delay)
    • Hint showing unread messages in chat window
    • Video support
    • Support for website distribution build with auto-updating APK (though this will rename the app from LibreSignal to Signal and won't ship timebomb removal and other patches)
    • New Base Signal 3.31.4

This new version requires you to reregister after upgrade. Chats and History will be saved on upgrade but it will not allow you to send Signal Messages before reregistering. Reregistering works only by phone so SMS step will be skipped (with the usual error message)

Of course this version comes with the usual Patches for SailfishOS & BlackBerry to skip SMS registration (as it is non working on Android Runtimes) and has the 90 day timebomb removed.

Enjoy

You can get the APK from here:
    https://app.box.com/s/l9gt5jbd3jynitxego8rdo1oir3ew5l7
    SHA256Sum: 6ce619759457f8ac56ab94f66b5e1fdeebb21f523909d70984 105dba8b6b151f
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    03-15-17 01:40 PM
    This new version doesnt work. Wont register with the server. Went back to the last version and that works
    04-28-17 06:58 AM
    Do not install Libresignal. It appears to be linking the number you register with, with spam/phising databases. Use an apk from the Play store. Libresignal is EoL and appears to have been hijacked.
    07-07-17 09:50 AM
    Evidence of these allegations?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 09:53 AM
    Install it and see.
    11-18-17 09:27 PM
87 ... 234