Do you get notifications with the latest apk? The f-droid version stopped sending them after 2 days. Rebooting doesnt't help.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 04:20 PM
    Whats your device & have you tried uninstalling everything related to Signal and redownloading the APK?
    12-08-15 08:25 AM
    Whats your device & have you tried uninstalling everything related to Signal and redownloading the APK?
    On the Classic, deleted the apk a few times. On the Passport fresh install, no notifications in the hub at all.
    12-09-15 03:52 AM
    12-26-15 08:31 AM
    What device and os is this suppose to work with? It has always given me a Google play services error and restricts registration.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 10:42 AM
    It should work with BlackBerry 10.3.x and Jollas SailfishOS. Google Play Services is not used so it should not complain about it.
    12-26-15 02:11 PM
    Update: 3.9.1 is now uploaded.

https://app.box.com/s/76tesnjnqyj5hh540ufi83b3rh1fu4tu

It comes with the usual speed improvements and fixes aswell as
    • Improved support for RTL langauges.
    • Fixed low volume issue in calls. (Calling feature is broken atm with the websockets version as it seems. Feedback welcome here or at the JavaJens github)
    • Support for sending location messages.
    • Bug fixes and performance improvements.

I keep having Google play services error when I enter my phone number and click "register "
    This is fixed with this version.
    It turned out my last build was indeed not building the websockets version :P
    Though on an already registered device with the config in place it would not matter.
    01-15-16 12:25 PM
    Why are messages not delivered? In this case I'm trying to send an invite to a friend.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 04:21 PM
    You mean SMS messages? I suppose the Android Runtime does not allow it.
    If you mean Signal Messages they should though for technical reasons it might take a little while and is not instant depending on the Internet connection of both participants

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 03:44 AM
    I meant signal. It says some errors need attention but it does state the error.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 10:36 AM
    I tried it on a Z10 with BB10.3.2, and also got the message "This App cannot be installed."
    I successfully installed other APK files. Is there something more to consider with this one?
    01-22-16 02:47 PM
    That sounds like you may already have it installed or a previous version. Check your droid apps to make sure.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 04:43 PM
    First I installed original Signal from F-Droid by mistake.
    I uninstalled it with the device monitor.
    Are there other ways to make sure?
    01-25-16 10:36 AM
    Do you have blackberry i.d installed? Also what version of os 10 do you have installed?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 03:21 PM
    Yes I have. Could this be a problem?
    BB10 Os Version is: 10.3.2.2836
    01-26-16 01:41 AM
    No. Go into blackberry id and then app management and see if the program is installed.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 08:21 PM
    Oh, i thougth about blackberry id in system settings? but there ist no app management.
    I searched blackberry world about app management and found "Advanced Manager",
    and indeed, this tool shows "Signal" as installed app.
    I tried to uninstall but then "Advanced Manager" crashes.
    Can you send an link for this "blackberry id" you mentioned, or what app or bb10 mechanism can be used to uninstall apps, beside device manager?
    01-28-16 01:14 AM
    That is the problem, I think no matter which app manager you have the uninstaller will crash. This was a known bug if you updated to OS 10.3.2.2876.
    That is why I asked what OS you have. Has your phone or have you manually updated your phone in the last month?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 10:38 AM
    01-28-16 10:45 AM
    Try sideloading those two files using sachesi and reboot. To get blackberry id and Google services and playstore, search the forum for Cobalts landing page and follow the instructions there. Easy.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 10:46 AM
    I managed it, thank you so much. Signal is working.
    The only Problem left is accessing the contacts.
    I think the Android Player is not allowed to access them.

As a Newbie to the blackberry world, i must say, your community is really great.
    01-30-16 06:40 PM
    Glad to hear it. I've never gotten signal to work. Messages not send error every time.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 07:25 PM
    I used the Version from Leszek Lesner. cause it uses WebSockets, instead of Google Push Service.
    Sending messages is working as expected. To receive a message "Signal" must be in an active Frame. Reception is shown in Notifications.
    Accessing contact is not working, so the communication tab is only named with the mobile number.
    Accessing contacts is allowed in signal permission details, so i think the android player is the problem, but i don't found permission details for the android player yet. Does anybody know?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 03:24 PM
    I used the Version from Leszek Lesner. cause it uses WebSockets, instead of Google Push Service.
    Sending messages is working as expected. To receive a message "Signal" must be in an active Frame. Reception is shown in Notifications.
    Accessing contact is not working, so the communication tab is only named with the mobile number.
    Accessing contacts is allowed in signal permission details, so i think the android player is the problem, but i don't found permission details for the android player yet. Does anybody know?

Posted via CB10
    I am having the same issue. Accessing contacts does not work. I've installed the Android Settings APK to access the hidden Android settings but did not find a solution. But I've noticed that every added or edited contact appears in Signal.
    02-23-16 05:18 AM
    The Signal WebSockets Fork does not support voice call functionality which I need. I've managed to install Open Whisper Systems Signal.
    So here is what I've done on a Passport OS 10.3.2.2836:
    Install Cobalt's Google Apps follow the instructions on "Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page".
    You need to install Google Account Manager, Blackberry Google ID and Google Play services the Google Play store itself is not needed.
    Patch and install Signal follow the instructions on "How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services".

Messaging works with same restrictions as on the Signal WebSockets Fork.
    Sadly voice calls only partially working. I can call other Signal users but they can't hear my voice. Other Signal users can't call me. They can initialize a call but don't get an answer because it does not ring on my end.
    I guess this is a problem with the Google Push Service implementation in Cobalt's Google Play services.
    Does someone here have an idea?
    02-23-16 06:53 AM
87 1234