Hi everyone,

A friend of mine is having a baby and they are looking at buying one of the baby monitors that allows you to access it via your smartphone. The one they are looking to buy is from a company named Summer. The actual product they wanted to buy is called Baby Zoom WiFi. As you probably know, they only support Android and IOS at this time. It looks like the Summer organization used to support the legacy devices (i.e. pre-BB10), but did not build it for the new OS.

Has anyone had any luck, or know of anyone that has successfully used the Android app? Would love to be able to let them know if they will be able to use it with their BB10 devices.

Please let me know.
    Thanks.
    01-17-15 02:23 PM
    No luck on this. I wonder if contacting the company will help. If there is a free google play app you could download it and install to check it out without the monitor. Or maybe write to the developer?
    01-21-15 12:12 PM
    My experience is that the latest version of summer infant app from snap or the websites that have the apk works on bb10 only if the camera gets paired with a different phone first! Otherwise, the app gets stuck in the activation phase where it is suppose to connect to the camera and then it says' error could not connect to camera!'
    However if I pair lets say an iphone first on the same wifi network to the camera, then my bb10 phone gets paired easily and I can view the camera ! The only problem is with the passport, it does not display the room temperature, but all the other features appear! On z10 or rectangular bb 10 it displays everything properly!

It makes no sens to me why it works like that, but at least it works!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 07:26 PM