Hey guys! I posted this in the Z10 forum and I think it's probably more relevant here.

Has anyone tried sideloading the Strava (running, cycling, walking program) application yet? I'm nearly certain that Strava won't support BB10...at least in the near future. Someone posted these .bar files for it but I can't test it since I don't have a Z10 yet. Damn those US carriers!

So, has anyone got it to work or could someone try installing these? You can also open a Strava account which is free. It's a great app to track your exercise.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    02-08-13 12:03 AM
    The strava run one doesn't work...
    02-08-13 12:28 PM
    How about the com.strava_153 file? Thanks everyone for checking this out for me!
    02-08-13 12:58 PM
    That's a no-go too, dman. It asks for security permissions (like any new app does), then "Initializing, Please wait..." in an Android-player dialog box, followed by a crash back to the active tiles.
    02-08-13 01:33 PM
    Philip:

Damn...that sucks! Do Android apps need some rework in order to run or are you dead in the water if the converted .bar file fails?

Thanks for trying!
    02-08-13 05:03 PM
    Ttt? I am still hoping for a solution to this so I can go pick up a Z10.
    03-29-13 04:07 PM
    The strava cycling does not work either. The app icon shows up on my desktop, but once you tap on the app, it says opening, but it goes back to the desktop. If anyone has any solutions it would be nice. I am still waiting on a nice GPS cycling app to show up in BB Appworld, but so far there is only one app that is kind of lame and expensive. I used to run GPSpeedometer on my torch, it was a great little app. It would sync with several GPS websites, including STRAVA, RIDE with GPS and I some others, it would also generate a GPX file from your trip that you can emaill to your self and upload to any GPS website.
    05-27-13 10:13 AM
    does this now work when sideloaded it with jellybean leak os? and does the runtastic work as well?
    08-30-13 06:56 AM
    It doesn't work right now because it utilizes Google Play Store account. I too am wishing I could have finally get to use Strava.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 10:45 AM
    Thanks... a bit disappointed... oh well

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 01:41 PM
    I have finally got Strava (sideloaded from apk) to work on my Z10 on 10.2.1.1925.

Loaded Google Play store from goodereader, as advised by in this thread

I loaded Google Play services from 1mobile, installed through the 1mobile app rather then using the link provided by stryder although either should work.

Than maps became the next stumbling block, tried the Android apk, did not work, then remembered I had sideloaded a working maps bar from goodereader on a previous beta 10.1 something, dug out Maps_6.14.31.bar and loaded that.

Launched Strava, logged in and it's up and running. At this stage I have checked activities, profile, segments but have not yet recorded a ride.

But the start screen pops up and maps are available when I launch.

Next challenge is to pair the ANT+ HR belt and Cadence sensor.
    01-07-14 01:08 PM
    I have finally got Strava (sideloaded from apk) to work on my Z10 on 10.2.1.1925.

Loaded Google Play store from goodereader, as advised by in this thread

I loaded Google Play services from 1mobile, installed through the 1mobile app rather then using the link provided by stryder although either should work.

Than maps became the next stumbling block, tried the Android apk, did not work, then remembered I had sideloaded a working maps bar from goodereader on a previous beta 10.1 something, dug out Maps_6.14.31.bar and loaded that.

Launched Strava, logged in and it's up and running. At this stage I have checked activities, profile, segments but have not yet recorded a ride.

But the start screen pops up and maps are available when I launch.

Next challenge is to pair the ANT+ HR belt and Cadence sensor.
    After downloading the Google play services apk from goodereader, I try to install but I get the error "unable to install".

Is this something we already know about ? I'm 10.2.1.1925

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 07:22 AM
    After downloading the Google play services apk from goodereader, I try to install but I get the error "unable to install".

Is this something we already know about ? I'm 10.2.1.1925

Posted via CB10
    Use Play services from 1Mobile, as described in how I did it, There have been reports that the goodereader version has problems.
    01-10-14 10:07 AM
    I'm looking to get an OS 10 device soon, being an avid cyclist Strava is important to me, is it now working via sideloading on OS 10.3+ ?
    10-23-14 01:04 AM
    Working just fine...but not out of the box read this

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965257

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 01:18 AM