I got Spotify from Snap right after the official release of 10.2.1. Online mode works great but the offline mode seems to have some issues. It says, that all songs in the playlist are downloaded but when I switch to the offline mode, I can only play a few of these songs, sometimes even none at all. It also seems that everytime you close Spotify, all downloaded songs are gone and have to be downloaded again.

Any suggestions?
    Thx!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 09:12 AM
    I have the same problem. I've tried to delete all the folders, uninstall and then reinstall the app, but to no avail.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 07:18 AM
    For me, it seems to only work if I'm on wi-fi and turn off the mobile network connection.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:13 PM
    That would mean that it could work if "2G/3G Synchronisation" ist turned on in Settings.

I've had the exact same problem. Siwtched to offline yesterday at home in WiFi, all songs of my 100 Song-Playlist were available. This morning, @work, only 1 song of my playlist was available in offline mode.
    01-31-14 02:41 AM
    I activated 2G/3G and set Spotify to online mode and it immediately started synchronisizing the offline playlist. Therefore, I think the problem occurrs when Spotify is closed. I'll try to keep Spotify running (at least in the Apps screen in background) and see what happens...
    01-31-14 03:10 AM
    I will be watching this thread closely, I am still waiting for my 10.2.1 update As soon as I do I will be getting Spotify on my my Q10 and my partners Z10.
    01-31-14 03:23 AM
    I re-installed an older version of Spotify that was running hassle free before the update to 10.2.1. Turns out it has the same behaviour as the newest Spotify app installed over Snap.

The next step I guess is to fill out a report and send it to Spotify, and hopefully they'll be able to sort it out.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 10:14 AM
    @djchase I have tried turning on the 2G/3G setting, but doesn't do anything for me unfortunately. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:29 PM
    I got Spotify from Snap right after the official release of 10.2.1. Online mode works great but the offline mode seems to have some issues. It says, that all songs in the playlist are downloaded but when I switch to the offline mode, I can only play a few of these songs, sometimes even none at all. It also seems that everytime you close Spotify, all downloaded songs are gone and have to be downloaded again.

Any suggestions?
    Thx!

Posted via CB10
    This is a well documented bug if you been running a 10.2.1 leak, it's been known for a while now. It's has to do with the Android Runtime with in BBOS10. The Android app will most of the time not be able to recognize the SD card. It will then save it's data to the device memory instead. But the next time it reopens it will try and fail to save to the SD card again. The infinite loop go's on because the app can't properly save to the Media card. Inconvenient work around is remove SD card. Other than that there's a thread if you search the forums that was talking of a possible fix/workaround but I can't recall the name. It's was a 10.2.1 guide of sorts, I'll repost if I have time.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Furell; 01-31-14 at 04:43 PM.
    01-31-14 04:24 PM
    Thx a lot! A link to that thread would be awesome!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 04:26 PM
    Thx a lot! A link to that thread would be awesome!

Posted via CB10
    No prob! Here you go http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=898715

Just scroll down to the "About SD Data (Obb files)" section. What I'm really waiting for is someone to upload Spotify into the BBOS10 Store the OP from that thread setup. Then spotify would come with all the Obb files and the store would put all those file in the right folders. Otherwise you can attempt to do all this manually yourself if your technically inclined. Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 04:40 PM
    Any new insights here? I can't really handle that obb-file problem by myself thx anyway! At least now we know, what the problem seems to be.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 04:39 AM
    Just an idea, could it be that the SD Card in use isn't fully supported in the Android Runtime? I am asking this, because I found someone in another Forum who is using Spotify on his BB10 Device in offline mode without any problems with his SD Card. I also thought of this, because another App that wasn't working at all (kept crashing), suddenly works, when I tell it at first start to use internal memory instead of SD.

So, I am using a Transcend SDHC Class 10 32Gb Card. Maybe it only fully support 16Gb, or lower Class, or even certain brands?

I asked the guy what SD Card he is using. Maybe this helps.
    02-06-14 10:17 AM
    Just an idea, could it be that the SD Card in use isn't fully supported in the Android Runtime? I am asking this, because I found someone in another Forum who is using Spotify on his BB10 Device in offline mode without any problems with his SD Card. I also thought of this, because another App that wasn't working at all (kept crashing), suddenly works, when I tell it at first start to use internal memory instead of SD.

So, I am using a Transcend SDHC Class 10 32Gb Card. Maybe it only fully support 16Gb, or lower Class, or even certain brands?

I asked the guy what SD Card he is using. Maybe this helps.
    Read the info provided in the link a few posts up from yours. But short form answer is that the update to 10.2.1 is the culprit as there is a problem with the SD card recognition in the Android runtime in general and not the SD card type specifically.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 11:35 AM
    Lets hope that BlackBerry is aware of that and will fix this soon!

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 02:18 AM
    I did the "remove SD card" thing and Spotify offline has been working without any issues for me since.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 06:23 PM
    Offline mode working perfectly well here on 10.2.1? I had previousy installed an older version via the debug token method quite some time ago, deleted and installed a new version from Snap and have fully working offline playlists (tested in flight mode)
    02-07-14 06:34 PM
    Offline mode working perfectly well here on 10.2.1? I had previousy installed an older version via the debug token method quite some time ago, deleted and installed a new version from Snap and have fully working offline playlists (tested in flight mode)
    Do you use a SD card?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 02:10 AM
    Same here. And yes I do use an SD card. Didn't older versions of Spotify have an SD card option in settings?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 03:12 AM
    Is it really truly fully working? I have the problem that of a, let's say, 100 track Playlist only 98 songs are available offline.
    And you are sure you have a spotify folder on your SD Card under Android -> data?

What kind of SD Card do you have?
    02-10-14 05:19 AM
    Q10, 10.2.1, official, SD card. Never had an issue with offline mode. All songs available, even local files from my pc are sync'd just fine.

What is all the talk about .obb files? I do not think Spotify uses one those, at least I do not have it.

Ever since 10.2.1 Spotify has been able to see and use my SD card just fine.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    02-10-14 05:28 AM
    Is it really truly fully working? I have the problem that of a, let's say, 100 track Playlist only 98 songs are available offline.
    And you are sure you have a spotify folder on your SD Card under Android -> data?

What kind of SD Card do you have?
    Yes, I have approx 300 songs synced offline.

There is no folder in there, but there is a folder in the root directory called spotify.
    02-10-14 06:46 AM
    Yes, I have approx 300 songs synced offline.

There is no folder in there, but there is a folder in the root directory called spotify.
    In Root directory of SD-Card (/sdcard/external_sd)?
    Normally there should be a com.spotify. ... folder in Android/data folder on SD Card. If that isn't there, than most likely the files are stored on device.

I have currently 550 songs synced offline in high quality, and everything works fine. But I don't see any files on SD Card.
    I've got 2160 files in 257 directories under Storage with a total size of 2,93Gb.
    Path in Z10: /sdcard/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/files/spotifycache (which is internal memory)

What SD Card do you use? SDHC? Class?
    02-10-14 07:41 AM
    In Root directory of SD-Card (/sdcard/external_sd)?
    Normally there should be a com.spotify. ... folder in Android/data folder on SD Card. If that isn't there, than most likely the files are stored on device.

I have currently 550 songs synced offline in high quality, and everything works fine. But I don't see any files on SD Card.
    I've got 2160 files in 257 directories under Storage with a total size of 2,93Gb.
    Path in Z10: /sdcard/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/files/spotifycache (which is internal memory)
    Say what now..?
    The path is sdcard/Android/... and it's internal memory?

If you go into the file manager on your z10, choose 'device', what you're saying is that you have a folder named /sdcard in which you have 2160 files.

I am confused... in the above mentioned case the path would be: device/sdcard/Android/... Which makes little to no sense to me.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 08:24 AM
    Say what now..?
    The path is sdcard/Android/... and it's internal memory?
    Exactly. /sdcard/external_sd/Android/ would be the SD Card.
    /sdcard/Android/ is device memory.

I checked this in Ghost Commander.
    When you use the BlackBerry File Manager, then the path under "Device" is /Android/.
    Same would be under "Media Card", /Android/

But in root filesystem of the device, the path is /sdcard/Android/ for device memory and /sdcard/external_sd/Android/ for SD Card.

So, in BlackBerry Filemanager under "Device" I have a folder named Android, containing com.spotify.mobile.android.ui with 2160 files.
    Sorry for confusing.
    02-10-14 09:42 AM
43 12