Hey you guys,

I know there are some folks out there using Spotify on their BBs and there are also some of you using Snap v3, so i've got a question for you:

Can you install Spotify through Snap v3?

Just tried it and it didn't work for me. However I can install (and use it) through Amazon. Thought of getting rid of Amazon (because apps installed from there constantly check for the Amazon App Store being installed).

Btw. I really don't want to install Google Play Store and Google Services for as long as I don't necessarily have to. It's just about whether you can or can not install Spotify via snap.
    11-03-16 06:15 AM
    Yes ...Spotify installs and is functional with Snap V3. Just confirmed that on my z30.
    11-04-16 02:16 AM
    That's just weird. I tried it on a Q10 and just got the same result.

Nevertheless there has to be something wrong on my side, then. So the new question would be:

Why does the Spotify apk says "Can not be installed" when other users can install the same apk?
    11-04-16 05:51 AM
    I can't update the app either on Snap on both my Passport and Classic.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    11-04-16 06:27 AM
    That's just weird. I tried it on a Q10 and just got the same result.

Nevertheless there has to be something wrong on my side, then. So the new question would be:

Why does the Spotify apk says "Can not be installed" when other users can install the same apk?
    Are your difficulties with all apk installs or just Spotify? If your on 10.3.2.2836 and you've previously had spotify installed it could be the runtime bug if you haven't installed the runtime patch??? There might be regional restrictions?? Is device enabled to allow app sources other than BBW and amazon?? Just throwing some things out there as possibilities.

May need to uninstall Snap, reboot and reinstall and try again for spotify. I should add that I have spotify on both my passport and z30 through Snap. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 12:39 PM
    Thanks for you input Lusitano,

unfortunately I tried to update other apps via Snap and it worked. However it takes long to "initialize" (whatever that means) bevor the download starts.

I have installed the runtime patch some time ago, so this should not be the problem.

Although I don't know, where I could enable the sources for apps I can't imagine this should be the problem, cause other apks install just fine.

I reinstalled Snap on the Q10 because it always crashed in the first place, whenever I opened / searched an application. So no luck here either

I'm still curious about the reason, for why Spotify won't install. And I still would like to get rid of Amazon, so I'm always thankful for you input.
    11-04-16 02:45 PM
    It appears that you have all the necessary requirements and a functional Snap if other apks install.....Have you tried download with data vs wi-fi? Let it sit for a bit if it's initializing and see what happens.

As far as Amazon it can't be removed from device but it can be disabled to a degree.
    In Security settings enable Parental Control and then disable Amazon . This removes it from display and disables it's function but does not remove it from OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 05:23 PM
    Wow, really long time no see. But finally I managed to install spotify via Snap v3 on my Q10.
    Although it seems like there won't be many Snap users out there, since at least for now it doesn't work with 10.3.3 and we don't know whether there'll be a fix anytime (soon), but here is why it worked now for me:

First of all I forgot to install the android runtime fix on my Q10 from BlackBerry World. So I did that and rebooted.
    Second I uninstalled spotify via amazon appstore app.
    Then I installed spotify via snap v3. And this time it worked.
    12-16-16 04:32 AM
    I'm using the apk, it works great.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 09:40 PM
    If you notice issues with the app, like over heating of battery loss, try downloading the apk from the spotify website, seams to always work the best.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-16 12:39 AM
    If you notice issues with the app, like over heating of battery loss, try downloading the apk from the spotify website, seams to always work the best.

Posted via CB10
    Download it straight from the Good E Reader Appstore.

From BlackBerryZ10 🔟™ Passport or Priv, whichever I want to use that day.
    01-02-17 01:41 PM
    I believe you can download the Spotify APK directly from spotify as well...

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/download/other/

Posted via CB10
    01-02-17 02:02 PM
    I believe you can download the Spotify APK directly from spotify as well...

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/download/other/

Posted via CB10
    I patched Spotify and somehow I get Premium for free 😆😅
    02-16-17 10:51 PM
    If you running. 10.3.3. Snap will. Not work. Download. Spotify from Amazon or aptoide

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 06:37 PM