Since the price of the Sony SmartWatch 1 dropped below €80,- I really want it =).

I would mostly use it combined with Endomondo and Spotify / Winamp. I hope Santa is willing to supply =P.l
    11-29-13 04:47 AM
    Tried today few sms apps and I can get notifications on smartwatch, but since android apps aren't connected to sms feature in bb10 it is impossible to see any sms on android app

Posted via CB10
    patmur2010 likes this.
    12-01-13 03:16 AM
    i've just recieved the smartwatch2 as a gift. can you please give me a step by step process on how to link it to my blackberry 10? can't seem to get it to work on first and second try.
    12-03-13 10:48 PM
    is it possible to rework this apk for bb10?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Nvbi53YXRjaCJd
    12-04-13 10:40 AM
    Good find, that app looks awesome!

Maybe we should contact the developer and ask him to port to BlackBerry 10?

Edit: I sent him an email with a link to this thread and invited him/her to join the conversation.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by patmur2010; 12-04-13 at 12:02 PM.
    bungaboy and lord_hibiskus like this.
    12-04-13 11:51 AM
    I'm the author of WatchIt! What is it that would need adapting? Is BB's Android runtime 4.3 compatible? Then picking up notifications should be rather easy. For earlier versions Accessibility fully functioning is critical (many Samsung devices are broken). If you have Sony's SmartConnect working, then I would think WatchIt! should "just work" - it is happy with either the earlier SmartWatch (NM2) and the new SW2. As a workaround, it will also try the MetaWatch intent to deliver the text. As I have not BB myself I'm unable to test.
    12-04-13 01:32 PM
    Hello Jonas, and welcome to CB forum! Thanks also to patmur for making effort contacting you! Anyway here are things:
    Android runtime currently is 4.2.2, but i think(hope) it's only matter of time when it will be improved to 4.3. Smartconnect is working, but since acessibility is different on BB10 than on android, I think thats main reason for not working.
    I installed today your app for smartwatch, and everything is operating, I can enter aceessibility options(bb10), and i can click preferences and manage app settings. Entering Daydream moves me to bb10 display options.
    Its rather easy to install bb10 simulator and with bluetooth dongle you can test app ?

Regards
    12-04-13 02:52 PM
    I'm the author of WatchIt! What is it that would need adapting? Is BB's Android runtime 4.3 compatible? Then picking up notifications should be rather easy. For earlier versions Accessibility fully functioning is critical (many Samsung devices are broken). If you have Sony's SmartConnect working, then I would think WatchIt! should "just work" - it is happy with either the earlier SmartWatch (NM2) and the new SW2. As a workaround, it will also try the MetaWatch intent to deliver the text. As I have not BB myself I'm unable to test.
    Thank you so much for your quick response and interest! I'm busy this week but I plan to spend some time working with my Smartwatch this weekend.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 03:20 PM
    Hello Jonas, add me in your client list

Waiting for your reply and plan to make compatible software for Sony smart watch! Thus will make BlackBerry 10 complete for me...

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 11:29 AM
    i've just recieved the smartwatch2 as a gift. can you please give me a step by step process on how to link it to my blackberry 10? can't seem to get it to work on first and second try.
    The BlackBerry news article just posted says you have to be using the leaked OS and even then everything may not work right.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 12:27 PM
    I installed today your app for smartwatch, and everything is operating, I can enter aceessibility options(bb10), and i can click preferences and manage app settings. Entering Daydream moves me to bb10 display options.
    Are you saying that the app is working?

Also, if we could update the OP with this app, I think the developer would appreciate the advertisement.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 09:53 PM
    Well, app is installable and you can browse through options, but it is not sending notifications to smartwatch. I guess it is because different types of accessibility options.
    Best way using any smartwatch with bb10 is showing notifications from hub, but we are far from that

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 03:22 AM
    My Smartwatch is now connected to my z10! I can see Watchit! In my application tab but I do not appear to be receiving any notifications.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 08:51 AM
    Glad to hear that someone else shares the same enthusiasm for this matter :-)

So, the tricks. Here they are:

First, as you noticed, you cannot install the SmartWatch app on your BB10, because BB10 does not support Android apps that have no single launchable activity. I didn't get the point of this restriction, so I just altered the Manifest.xml within the SmartWatch app to declare its preferences activity as a launchable one. That is achieved by adding these lines to the activity description:
    Code:
                    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
            	<category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
                    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    You can unpackage and repackage an apk with a programme called apktool. Yes, changing the declaration is sufficient. So much for that BB10 restriction...

The second obstacle on your way is that now you have the SmartWatch app with a different signature (yes, you need to sign the apk, or you won't be able to install it on the BB10) than the SmartConnect app. So, you need to unpackage, repackage and sign the SmartConnect app too.

Then, you can install those two apks on your BB10 and connect the SmartWatch :-)

For all other SmartWatch apps you want to install, you'll need to add the above quoted lines to the Manifest.xml and sign them.
    I was able to get Planetarium to work (it installs and seems to run perfectly without being in an active frame)

I was able to get the following apps working using the above recompiling method:

smartwatch (installs and works perfectly, must be in active frame)
    sony weather app (installs, works perfectly! love this app)
    sony rss reader (installs fine, untested)(It is working awesome! pulled crackberry rss
    rain alarm (installs fine, untested)
    calendar reminder (installs fine and runs, but I don't have calendar app working yet)
    gmail plugin (installs fine and runs, but I don't have gmail app working yet)
    clockifree (works perfectly, does not need to be in open frame)
    light (works perfectly, does not need to be open frame)

I could not get the following apps to work with the above method:

smartwatch countdown (same error as before editing the apk, the android manifest is set up differently than the others)

I could not get the following apps to work:

watchIt! (installs fine but does not send messages)
    new event

As far as the recompiling method goes, after decompiling the apk I just searched for the first line of the above quoted code and copy/paste the missing lines immediately below it. Here is a link to an easy to use apktool for windows:

[TOOL][WINDOWS] ANDROID MULTITOOL v3.0 [ADB] - xda-developers

Patmur2010

P.S. more info to come

edit:

torque (installs fine using the recompile method, otherwise untested)
    Vfinder (installs fine using the recompile method, and works! It will start the vfinder app on your phone when you select on watch)
    music player smart extension (installs fine using the recompile method, works with google play music app{which works fine without any work})
    Mail Notification (installs fine using the recompile method, works for setting up a gmail account! no need for it to be in an active frame)
    Last edited by patmur2010; 12-06-13 at 08:25 PM.
    JunkieXP and Eir like this.
    12-06-13 06:38 PM
    I've tested a few more apps and here are the results

Endomondo seems to install and work perfectly without any changes

Sony Smart Camera installs fine and works using the recompile method(the zoom did not work){this app is much better than the Vfinder app}

QuickCalc installs and works great using the recompile method

Calendar Events installs with the recompile method, did not show any calendar in settings

Slideshow installs fine but I just got a black screen using recompile method

Find Phone installs and works perfectly using the recompile method
    Last edited by patmur2010; 12-08-13 at 01:09 AM.
    Eir likes this.
    12-08-13 12:58 AM
    And there you have it, all more less useless extensions are working, but since all major notifications on bb10 go through hub until we get some app that connects with hub we won't have much from smartwatch

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 01:35 AM
    I am one that would like to see BlackBerry and Sony to communicate. I think the smart watch will flop though.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 11:31 AM
    And there you have it, all more less useless extensions are working, but since all major notifications on bb10 go through hub until we get some app that connects with hub we won't have much from smartwatch

Posted via CB10
    It appears that you are mostly correct, however, I am able to receive email notifications and rss notifications with the above mentioned apps.
    12-08-13 11:41 AM
    I am one that would like to see BlackBerry and Sony to communicate. I think the smart watch will flop though.

Posted via CB10
    You realize this is Sony's 5th or 6th iteration right (under Sony Ericsson or Ericsson)?!

Sales are still under 500'000 but give it time and compatibility along with savvy marketing and it'll be mainstream. Especially if Sony or others team up with say Omega, Bugatti, Guess, Seiko, Breitleg, etc to make one that has real classic fashion appeal yet with a digital overlay similar to that Tom Cruise movie about precogs and his analog digital watch which was really a fake.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 12:24 PM
    Don't forget about **** Tracy...

Sony SmartWatch &amp; BlackBerry 10-dick-tracy-watch-feature.jpg

edit: I just got censored for that lol
    12-08-13 03:43 PM
    Code:

You can unpackage and repackage an apk with a programme called apktool. Yes, changing the declaration is sufficient. So much for that BB10 restriction...
    Any help on this APKTool? Tried to put the *.jar in the Windows Folder and access trough cmd but no luck whatsoever. Used the Android Multitool instead.

Better yet, please share the necessary modified *.apk files to the CB Community (a)?
    Last edited by JunkieXP; 12-09-13 at 03:12 AM.
    12-08-13 05:10 PM
    Are there any good apps for the SmartWatch 1 that I missed? I've searched Google Play a few times and I think I've seen all of them but please let me know if I missed something or if there are apps not on the play store. Thanks!

Also, if anyone tries any of the paid apps I would like to know. I'm not going to pay for one just to have it not work though.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:57 PM
    I want to thank everyone for their insight but can someone post the apk or bar file that work for the BB Z10 with smartwatch2.
    12-12-13 05:47 PM
    Hello,

If finally the Sony smartwatch can work perfectly with BB10, It would be great and I will buy one for sure.

Thanks
    12-13-13 04:28 AM
    here are some smartwatch 1 extensions
    Download smartwatch signed.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

i am not sure if they work with smartwatch 2
    patmur2010 and imricooooo like this.
    12-13-13 09:28 AM
207 1234 ...