Can anyone port the latest version of Smartwatch app? I tried to do it, but it does not work.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:42 AM
    please who have lastest smartwatch 2 signed apk for blackberry ??
    please..
    because installing extension cannot install to my sw 2??
    pavelgeme2 likes this.
    12-23-14 07:29 AM
    Please have a look at my thread. Besides a HowTo there also the latest binaries.
    Be sure to install BOTH apks from my thread
    h__p://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/howto-get-your-sony-smartwatch-up-running-bb-os-10-3-device-985083/
    12-23-14 08:23 AM
    Sorry to bother you, but, could you
    1) elaborate on what software you used to modify the XML file.

and

2) upload a complete xml file showing where the specific point we should insert the 3 command lines you've posted, because from what I've seen, some of these Smartwatch extension apps consist of more than one activity description.

This would be very helpful for dumb people such as myself, and might lead to a better understanding of how to decompile and recompile these extension apps successfully. I have tried several times to perform the method which you have described to get these extensions working, and they have all failed when it comes to the installation of the extensions on my Blackberry q10 (os10.2.1).

Here are my steps,

1) I decompile the Sony Smartwatch extension apk using Android Multitool.
    2) I paste:
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    into the activity section of the XML file produced by decompiling (I used Notepad to modify the XML file).

3) I save the XML file, then recompile the extension app, and finally, I sign the extension app.

4) I paste the newly signed extension app on to my phone, and proceed to install.

Now everytime I try to install these self signed extension apps, my phone says, "Unable to install App".

...I'm not sure what it is that I am doing wrong, but, since I download your signed extension apps such as the Music Player and Weather app, and they work, I thought I'd ask the professional (a.k.a you), if you can spot where it is that I am going wrong....?
    12-31-14 12:57 AM
    Sorry to bother you, but, could you
    1) elaborate on what software you used to modify the XML file.

and

2) upload a complete xml file showing where the specific point we should insert the 3 command lines you've posted, because from what I've seen, some of these Smartwatch extension apps consist of more than one activity description.

This would be very helpful for dumb people such as myself, and might lead to a better understanding of how to decompile and recompile these extension apps successfully. I have tried several times to perform the method which you have described to get these extensions working, and they have all failed when it comes to the installation of the extensions on my Blackberry q10 (os10.2.1).

Here are my steps,

1) I decompile the Sony Smartwatch extension apk using Android Multitool.
    2) I paste:
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    into the activity section of the XML file produced by decompiling (I used Notepad to modify the XML file).

3) I save the XML file, then recompile the extension app, and finally, I sign the extension app.

4) I paste the newly signed extension app on to my phone, and proceed to install.

Now everytime I try to install these self signed extension apps, my phone says, "Unable to install App".

...I'm not sure what it is that I am doing wrong, but, since I download your signed extension apps such as the Music Player and Weather app, and they work, I thought I'd ask the professional (a.k.a you), if you can spot where it is that I am going wrong....?
    The steps are correct. Please try to rename your patched ask. If you tried to install the original file it has cached it and therefore will always try to install the original version of the named match

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 08:09 AM
    Thanks again Kwasi76, I ended up using APKTOOL to decompile, modify the xml file with notepad, Recompile, and lastly I used Android the Multitool to sign the APK. I am thinking about making a video tutorial, as this seems to be th most consistant/effective way of getting most extension apps to work with Blackberry. I'll probably put together a step by step depth document tutorial, because if a fool like me can eventually get it right, then anybody can, LooL!
    12-31-14 10:08 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for all the work you have done to link the smartwatch 2 and blackberry. I have a smartwatch and blackberry q10 and have spent the last few days trying to install the software. I have the sony connect and basic smartwatch, but would really like the notifications for calls and texts.

Is there anyway you can help with this? I have tried decompling and all that, but as I have little computer skill am struggling.

If you could help with these two i would be so grateful.

Thanks
    01-01-15 03:55 PM
    I patched 4 lasted file for smartwatch 2 and i done, smartwatch connect and run but only show have a incoming calll, not show number( althought call app on sw2 can list alll contact on blackberry classic 10.3.1.1154) Not notitfy incoming sms.
    Any one can make show incoming sms and shows number of caller
    Eir likes this.
    01-23-15 12:50 AM
    Incoming SMS and number of caller will not be shown, BB has restrictions to what information is available to the Android apps. Call log is not one of those things. SMS as well. I don't see any announcement from BB that those features may be available to Android apps in the future.
    KicoDino likes this.
    01-23-15 08:04 AM
    Sw2 can read and shows all contacts on my blackberry classic os 10.3.1 1154 by sony call handling
    Why it not show white incoming call, any one know method to solve broblems?
    Sony SmartWatch &amp; BlackBerry 10-imageuploadedbycb-forums1422934201.110416.jpg
    02-02-15 09:34 PM
    Perhaps you want to try my app which solves exactly this problem?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...arable-994438/
    JunkieXP likes this.
    02-03-15 11:19 AM
    @kicodino. i also use sw 2 and z30, please can you give me patched sw2 bar and smart connect bar and other file needed for connect my z30 and sw2. thanks
    02-05-15 09:46 PM
    @kicodino. i also use sw 2 and z30, please can you give me patched sw2 bar and smart connect bar and other file needed for connect my z30 and sw2. thanks
    Just check my other thread starting [howto] get your Sony smartwatch...

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 04:14 AM
    Thanks for your information. It would be really great if you could make a video tutorial with the entire steps such as packaging and unpackaging stuffs and all. Still don't have a complete idea of how to do those things. Waiting for your reply.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-07-15 01:28 AM
    I finally got everything working correctly on my sony SW2. The only problem is that the trial is expired and will not send any emails or text messages to the watch from the hub or anywhere else. Only system notifications come through. I spoke to kwasi76 the creator of wearable companion on Facebook and he assured me that he would release another version of wearable companion sometime this week. Im keeping my fingers crossed.
    03-18-15 11:32 AM
    Here are the latest Sony smartwatch 2 extensions signed in case anyone needs them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Maerlyn13; 03-18-15 at 12:36 PM.
    Supa_Fly1 and Gash2000 like this.
    03-18-15 12:16 PM
    How much battery life do you guys get off of one full charge in the SW2 - which I still think is the best looking smart watch.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 10:26 PM
    cannot open any of your downloads as I have a mac? Help?
    04-03-15 12:30 PM
    cannot open any of your downloads as I have a mac? Help?
    on BB10 in Settings > Storage enable Mass Storage Mode and select OSX/Mac. Connect your BB with Link installed on OSX for the drivers ... migrate the files downloaded in OSX to the MicroSD/BB10 internal storage ... then install.
    OR ... use Chrome Browser in OSX and use the PlayBook extension after you enable BB10 > Settings > Developer mode.
    04-08-15 08:52 PM
    Is the process the same for a SM3?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 05:40 AM
    SW3*

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 05:40 AM
    You have the latest version works for our Blackberry OS do not?
    Unfortunately your version is installed but requires updating, you can not be updated.
    10-09-15 05:59 AM
    Finally got my watch working but does anyone have an up to date list of apps that do work?
    11-21-15 10:28 AM
    Hello everybody

I installed on my BlackBerry Z10, without any positive result, the attached files that are available here. It has created a conflict with existing files that did not allow me to communicate the two devices, it not going beyond the Bluetooth connection. I believe there is need for a tutorial internal forum, explaining the better; the steps to take so that all owners They can take advantage of both.

I thank the developer for the opportunity granted. If you would tell me why: the failure will be happy to read your words. Thank you and good continuation...

12-28-15 10:08 AM
    Hello
    I have a Classic and a SW2. Tried to download both the SmartConnect and the Smartwatch 2 app.
    The SC on the first page doesn't work to me.
    Downloaded by other ways, works but says that host&guest are different (SW2). So I can't use my smartwatch.

My swv is 10.3.2.2836 BB classic
    Anyone can help..?
    01-29-16 12:31 PM
207 ... 6789