Hi All,

Surely the latest buzz in the technology space is all about the "SmartWatch". Recently many startups are going with monochrome LCD's (e-paper) to save on battery life and offer very basic functions, even with Apple buying brand names for iWatch.

The smartwatch paradigm is nothing new really .... SonyEricsson has been a leader and forerunning in this space for over 5yrs now ... this ... the SmartWatch 2 (SW2) will be its 7th creation thus far. Yes its 7th!

Sony SmartWatch 2 - Accessory (will BB10 support it; Developers)-1_smartwatch_2_black_angled.jpg

This bad-boy is only created to work with Android, yet doesn't use Android as part of its own OS (something for Developers to keep in mind, and an SDK is due out soon). Previous iterations (the last 3) worked with Android and (prior to those) worked with Symbian UIQ & SE's J2ME (limited range supported) devices.

Sync'ing: Time, Calendar, Alarms, and SMS reading; Answering/Denying calls has been there since gen 1, however new functions have been brougth to the table out of the box, some where there on the SmartWatch 1 or even the LiveView that predates it.

View notifications,
    Control your music player
    Remotely take pictures
    Control presentations
    Iinteract with fitness apps
    Remote proximity alert with your phone (walk away and when out of BT range you watch alerts you of your phone not on your person, along with Sound/Vibrate both on the SW2 and the Phone for easy location).
    Fitnes app to bond with an NFC holster for your phone - to turn the SW2 into a monitor est heart rate, blood pressure and KJ/Calories consumption in cadence with your cycling (maybe even running), etc.
    * although this model is "Splash Resistant" the next version will most likely have that official "Water Proof" label up to 30meters+ for maybe up to an hour - for now it is not.

I'm aware this is an accessory, however since Z10/Q10 both support Android 2.3 currently ... will the upcoming BB10.2 supporting Android JB 4.2.2 will this work (with side loaded apps specific to the SW2) work from the Z10/Q10 to the SW2?

When this device launches this fall in N. America I will be purchasing it and will be reachable by renowned developers to do any testing they'd like me to do.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-23-13 11:58 AM
    It would be interesting to see for sure. And with the level of integration I've seen the Android 4.2.2 runtime have with the BB10 API's it seems quite possible we'd be able to use this.

Don't know if I'd buy one as I like my normal classy watches :P
    kaizvn likes this.
    07-23-13 12:45 PM
    It would be interesting to see for sure. And with the level of integration I've seen the Android 4.2.2 runtime have with the BB10 API's it seems quite possible we'd be able to use this.

Sweet! Then it is very possible! Good to know thanks Kris ... this will make my pilgrimage back into the fold that much worth while.
    07-24-13 11:32 PM

Especially because we are getting Bluetooth Smart, maybe LE Bluetooth too?
    07-25-13 12:07 AM
    I'm still interested in seeing this happen, anyone know of a developer that can do thus or has the tenacity to go full on until it fails every which way till Sunday?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 12:15 PM
    did you ever get it to work with Blackberry 10.3?
    Harrij
    04-03-15 04:20 PM
    I tried it with passport but it didn't work out!

Posted via  Passport Silver Edition using CB10.
    Last edited by iRoham; 09-21-15 at 12:53 PM.
    09-21-15 12:38 PM