I've had my LG Tone+ HBS730 for months already before I bought my Z10, and I was using it on my old phone with no problems. I just got my headset back after going home for a mini vacation and paired it with my Z10.

Like what was posted here, here, and here, I found that the minimum volume is way too loud when listening to music, to the point that it is unbearable. Upgrading the Z10's OS to 10.1.0.4687 and even 10.2.0.810 did not fix this. I already called LG and T-Mobile support about this and it seems I cannot do anything about this. And the headset is months old, I doubt I can return it. Which now leads to my question.

Should I try and buy another HBS730? I was thinking that maybe it is this particular unit that I have is the problem, since I read a poster in one of the threads I linked above saying he/she has no problem with his/her own HBS730. And that is very tempting, since I am very satisfied with how my HBS730 worked with my old phone.

How about others here who have the LG HBS730 for their Z10, do they have problems with it too or are they enjoying it?
    07-30-13 07:00 PM
    Mine works really good. I was afraid at fast then finally bought it n I must say it's clear loud when I get calls n the best part it vibrates when a get a call. The call quality is what I am pleased with about music don't use it alot.
    Am on. 4687

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:51 PM
    My HBS700 has been working great with the Z10, and I get lots of comments on it (usually they are "what's that thing on your neck?"). I like the fact that the volume can go louder than the stock headphones. Works even better. I do find that the volume controls are independent, so if you have your headset turned down all the way, you can still use the volume down controls of the Z10 to turn it down further.
    07-31-13 09:06 AM
    Mine works really good. I was afraid at fast then finally bought it n I must say it's clear loud when I get calls n the best part it vibrates when a get a call. The call quality is what I am pleased with about music don't use it alot.
    Am on. 4687

Posted via CB10
    Thanks mudy for the reply. Yeah the call quality is excellent, but the volume is almost too loud too. It is the music volume that really is unbearably loud. Have you tried your HBS730 for music?

My HBS700 has been working great with the Z10, and I get lots of comments on it (usually they are "what's that thing on your neck?"). I like the fact that the volume can go louder than the stock headphones. Works even better. I do find that the volume controls are independent, so if you have your headset turned down all the way, you can still use the volume down controls of the Z10 to turn it down further.
    I am now very tempted to buy a HBS700 :/

-----

Are there any other users of the LG HBS730 with their Z10? If there are, can I know whether you have any problems or not, the model number of your Z10, and the OS, please? I just want to see if there is a pattern here.
    08-01-13 01:47 AM
    I just did try listening to music with it. I somehow get what you are saying it's extremely loud when the music volume is all the way up. I lowered the volume down and it didn't hurt the ears anymore. Maybe your product is not functioning well have you tried with a different one?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 10:38 AM
    I just did try listening to music with it. I somehow get what you are saying it's extremely loud when the music volume is all the way up. I lowered the volume down and it didn't hurt the ears anymore. Maybe your product is not functioning well have you tried with a different one?

Posted via CB10
    Oh so you mean when you put the headset at minimum volume it is not too loud?
    08-01-13 02:10 PM
    I was really shocked at how loud this thing is. U can hear the music well without much noise outside without it being in your ears,just hanging round the neck. But to answer your question, yes when the volume is reduced to medium then the experience is great.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 12:16 AM
    I was really shocked at how loud this thing is. U can hear the music well without much noise outside without it being in your ears,just hanging round the neck. But to answer your question, yes when the volume is reduced to medium then the experience is great.

Posted via CB10
    Actually what I was saying was that even at the lowest/minimum setting the volume in the headset is still way too high, to the point of being unbearable. I can imagine how loud it would be at the maximum volume; I don't want to try it, it would most certainly ruin my ears, LOL.

But you say that it is great at medium level? Gosh, I would love that. I think the problem is with my particular unit then.
    08-02-13 12:22 AM
    Thread moved to the correct forum as requested.
    nuntym likes this.
    08-02-13 12:44 AM
    Thanks BergerKing!

OK, I found a partial solution. The Neutron Player has an Equalizer with digital Preamplifier which lets me adjust the volume of music I have going to my Bluetooth.

I say this is a partial solution because streaming services like Skooday, Slacker, and even plain ol' Youtube are out of my reach for now...
    08-03-13 12:52 AM
    Thanks BergerKing!

OK, I found a partial solution. The Neutron Player has an Equalizer with digital Preamplifier which lets me adjust the volume of music I have going to my Bluetooth.

I say this is a partial solution because streaming services like Skooday, Slacker, and even plain ol' Youtube are out of my reach for now...
    Good to hear!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-03-13 02:07 AM
    So how does the HBS-700 compare to the HBS-730 in terms of audio quality? My wife lent me her HBS-730 to try (she's running Android with no volume problems whatsoever). I *really* like them, except for the same problem with my Z10 and the audio being too loud, even when at the lowest volume setting. What's even funnier is I can click the volume to go below that, and the volume does go down, but only for a second. Then it comes back to the previous setting.

I would buy the HBS-730 in a heartbeat if I could get that volume to go lower. For those that have the HBS-700, does the audio compare to the HBS-730? Do you have problems getting the volume to go all the way quiet?
    01-03-14 10:47 AM
    I have the same question about the HBS-700. I actually went to Best buy yesterday and bought another 730 and it has the same volume issues as the other one I have. I have read the manual for the 700 and it says that it has 16 volume settings for audio streaming instead of just 8 for the 730. So I would really like to know if people do not have this problems with their Z10 and the HBS-700.

I'm also curious if that Neutron player would help turn down the volume on Apollo? Thats the main program I use with the headphone.
    01-05-14 07:25 PM
    Hello, did you ever got the HBS 730 to work properly??? I was thinking in disasembly one to add a resistor or something.
    01-17-14 11:01 AM
    Did anyone ever get this resolved? I have an HBS730 I got (from ShopCrackberry!) and at the minimum volume it is too loud to listen to. I have to leave the ear buds outside my ears when I use it.
    06-10-14 10:38 AM
    Did anyone ever get this resolved? I have an HBS730 I got (from ShopCrackberry!) and at the minimum volume it is too loud to listen to. I have to leave the ear buds outside my ears when I use it.
    Mine works fine now on 10.3.0.296. I can adjust volume on both the headset and the phone on this OS. I wasn't able to adjust down or on the phone with any of the 10.2.1 OS that I had tried.
    06-19-14 11:54 AM
    Now that I am on 10.3.0.1130 I am having the same problem again with my HBS730, the minimum volume is too loud. Seems whatever they did to fix it in the earlier build of 10.3, they have broken again. Also, I had an HBS700 that I gave to my son and I never had the volume problem, but I couldn't use the skip or pause on the bluetooth when connected to my Z10. So frustrating!!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 12:28 PM