Just use casper. I have been using it for months without an email from sc. I have previously been banned three times and just changed my password and it works again. At this stage unless you're using sc on another device you have nothing to lose.

I will probably get an email now that I've said that . Going off what they were saying about the 9.13 official update there was something in there that called home. Essentially if you had it working for a while or on another non BlackBerry device sc could see that you were sending snaps but 9.13 was calling home and they derived from that that you are using old version or third party. Perhaps I'm getting away with it because I haven't attempted to use any official versions.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it works fine for the time being but I think it also has its limitations. I don't think you can add a new contact nor send videos to your contact list.
    08-11-15 02:06 PM
    Not sure what you mean about adding friends buddy. There is an option to add friends or do you mean the request isn't sent? I only have wife and daughter and a couple of mates from work so haven't tried using the feature.
    Snapchat working again!-img_20150811_204434.png

There is also a paid option where you can add multiple accounts so maybe try making one just for use on caper in case you get banned which in my case anyway wasn't permanent even though the email said it was.

Afaik you can also send video as well, I think you need to take the video then send it as a file rather than direct from the app. Again I've never tried though I don't really use it that much. I maybe try these things and let you know how I get on.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 02:51 PM
    Just tried video, works a treat. Just take the video using your standard built in camera. Then hit share and casper. You get option for either contact or story. Just sent one to my nephew who has a samsung s5 and it worked. Also tried viss video shrinker available in BlackBerry world built for BlackBerry. Shrunk a video of 4.2mb to 2 mb, did same... share to casper and that worked without any codec issues.

Not sure about friend request, I don't know anyone to ask.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 03:18 PM
    Just tried video, works a treat. Just take the video using your standard built in camera. Then hit share and casper. You get option for either contact or story. Just sent one to my nephew who has a samsung s5 and it worked. Also tried viss video shrinker available in BlackBerry world built for BlackBerry. Shrunk a video of 4.2mb to 2 mb, did same... share to casper and that worked without any codec issues.

Not sure about friend request, I don't know anyone to ask.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm I see. Nice. Now it probably depends how big the video file you're sending is.

I think for friend requests it doesn't actually send out. Haven't personally tried it but have seen a lot of complaints on the app's fb page.
    08-11-15 03:35 PM
    Ok if I'll see if anyone at work uses it tomorrow and try. Not sure if there is a default video limit. I sent one that was 4.2 and then the same vid shrunk to 2mb. I just used viss to see if it actually worked out of curiosity because I hadn't tried it before.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 03:59 PM
    Can someone pls post a patched version that isn't through mega?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 11:00 PM
    Can someone pls post a patched version that isn't through mega?

Posted via CB10
    Look through the thread

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 09:57 AM
    Nice to know BlackBerry devlopers have reached out to Snapchat for us!

Snapchat working again!-img_20150812_111648.png

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 10:18 AM
    Nice to know BlackBerry devlopers have reached out to Snapchat for us!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150812_111648.png 
Views:	1427 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	366481

Posted via CB10
    That's great, but risking sounding pessimistic, chances are Snapchat will refer them to their Terms and Agreements, which clearly states against patches and calls out BlackBerry users in their FAQ. I'm definitely interested in getting a solution from Snapchat though, so keep us posted on developments if there are any!

Has anyone tried to log in presumably successfully via an Android device and changing the password - perhaps triggering some account unlock to then re-log in using a patched old version on BlackBerry as laid out previously by NYPlaya610?

I personally don't have an Android device myself, but I can access someone's to test out later on today. Just wanted to see if it had given it a try already. So far, I've tried patching versions from 9.0.0 to 9.12 and still get the same log in error. Stubborn for sure.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 10:49 AM
    That's great, but risking sounding pessimistic, chances are Snapchat will refer them to their Terms and Agreements, which clearly states against patches and calls out BlackBerry users in their FAQ. I'm definitely interested in getting a solution from Snapchat though, so keep us posted on developments if there are any!

Has anyone tried to log in presumably successfully via an Android device and changing the password - perhaps triggering some account unlock to then re-log in using a patched old version on BlackBerry as laid out previously by NYPlaya610?

I personally don't have an Android device myself, but I can access someone's to test out later on today. Just wanted to see if it had given it a try already. So far, I've tried patching versions from 9.0.0 to 9.12 and still get the same log in error. Stubborn for sure.

Posted via CB10
    I'm currently logged into two accounts on two devices. When they locked my old account for using Casper I was able to reset the password and log in fine on an Android tablet, so the account still works. However, any attempts to log in on Snapchat on BlackBerry have been quashed: if I try on an older version it tells me to update and if I try on the newest version it gives me a login error. Presumably existing accounts are fine but Snapchat can tell if you're using a BlackBerry and block it.

Similarly to other users, though, I was able to login to 9.12 on my BlackBerry by creating a new account. As far as I can tell, if I don't try to use the same account on another device, and don't update the version I have that's working, it should keep running. At least, until they stop supporting 9.12 and push an update message.

Posted via CB10
    E_Adan8xD likes this.
    08-12-15 08:34 PM
    I'm on Passport with 10.3.2.2339. How can I create a Snapchat account in the first place without having access to an Android or iOS device or a PC Android emulator? I installed Casper and it doesn't seem to have sign up functionality. I'm hoping there's a way to do this without installing the patched Google Play services (someone above mentioned the patched app works by itself, but what about signup?) because then I have to patch all apps that try to access the services � I'm happy right now without the services installed and most apps just popping up a complaint once and not bothering me afterwards (or rarely). Plus, it's just more cruft one has to watch for updates manually. Perhaps someone can help me out and register an account for me?
    08-23-15 04:10 PM
    I'm on Passport with 10.3.2.2339. How can I create a Snapchat account in the first place without having access to an Android or iOS device or a PC Android emulator? I installed Casper and it doesn't seem to have sign up functionality. I'm hoping there's a way to do this without installing the patched Google Play services (someone above mentioned the patched app works by itself, but what about signup?) because then I have to patch all apps that try to access the services � I'm happy right now without the services installed and most apps just popping up a complaint once and not bothering me afterwards (or rarely). Plus, it's just more cruft one has to watch for updates manually. Perhaps someone can help me out and register an account for me?
    I signed up using the patched app above (9.12 I believe).

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 05:14 PM
    I installed the patched 9.12 from post 332 and restarted the phone. Signup gets stuck on the username choice screen, after the password and birthday entry. The circle has been spinning for ten minutes now...

Any ideas? And did you have the patched Google Play services installed when you were able to sign up?
    08-23-15 06:37 PM
    I installed the patched 9.12 from post 332 and restarted the phone. Signup gets stuck on the username choice screen, after the password and birthday entry. The circle has been spinning for ten minutes now...

Any ideas? And did you have the patched Google Play services installed when you were able to sign up?
    You should have used 9.02 from post #327. I have google services installed but I'm not sure it's necessary

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 08:50 PM
    the patched 9.02 worked and let me create a new account, I can send and receive snaps, but when I try to send a picture it is just a black screen... I can however send videos

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 06:30 AM
    the patched 9.02 worked and let me create a new account, I can send and receive snaps, but when I try to send a picture it is just a black screen... I can however send videos

Posted via CB10
    Update to the pacthed 9.12 from like post #331

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 07:00 AM
    I uninstalled 9.12 and installed 9.02 (both patched from this thread), and was able to sign up. I seemed to be able to take photos, though I don't have any contacts yet so I couldn't test sending.
    I then upgraded to 9.12 (without uninstalling 9.02 first). When I try to log in, I get the following: "Oh no! Your login temporarily failed, so please try again later. If your login continues to fail, please visit [support link]."
    I tried restarting the phone, but the same thing happens.
    What should I do? I'm guessing there might be something that makes even the patched 9.12 not able to login without Play Services. Should I downgrade to 9.02 again? Are there any noteworthy differences? Is it more likely that Snapchat would ban my account if I'm using the older version?
    08-24-15 01:55 PM
    Well, I installed the Cobalt patched services and I still get the login temporarily failed problem with both 9.02 and 9.12. However, Casper is working now that I've created an account. It would be ironic if Snapchat is blocking the patched versions of their own app for my device ID, but not blocking Casper.
    I wonder if perhaps there's some locally stored data that remains after I uninstall Snaptchat that might be causing the issue instead...
    08-24-15 03:24 PM
    I uninstalled 9.12 and installed 9.02 (both patched from this thread), and was able to sign up. I seemed to be able to take photos, though I don't have any contacts yet so I couldn't test sending.
    I then upgraded to 9.12 (without uninstalling 9.02 first). When I try to log in, I get the following: "Oh no! Your login temporarily failed, so please try again later. If your login continues to fail, please visit [support link]."
    What should I do? I'm guessing there might be something that makes even the patched 9.12 not able to login without Play Services. Should I downgrade to 9.02 again? Are there any noteworthy differences? Is it more likely that Snapchat would ban my account if I'm using the older version?
    nyplaya,

this is why I will not upgrade to 9.12 I have read nothing but problems.. 9.02 works good enough I will not tempt fate lol

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 05:37 PM
    nyplaya,

this is why I will not upgrade to 9.12 I have read nothing but problems.. 9.02 works good enough I will not tempt fate lol

Posted via CB10
    Whenever you update you shouldn't have to sign in again, you should be signed in already.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 08:19 PM
    9.12 is a big difference, it's much smoother.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 08:20 PM
    What device are you using? And can you actually send videos?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 01:40 AM
    I'm using the original passport with 10.3.2.2226 and have the cobalt apps installed. I can also send videos but sending videos from the front facing camera is upside-down

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 06:50 AM
    So I tried installing just the patched snapchat that was linked above and it is not working on my BQ5 and I have 10.3.2.2252 OS installed on my phone.

Can anybody please help ??
    08-25-15 11:28 PM
    I have a question that might not have a clear answer, but it's confusing me anyway. I haven't updated since I got the install and sign-in to work (patched apk, obviously). When I look at the Play Store, there's no update available (in fact, Snapchat doesn't even show up as an installed app until I search for it). I've been told you can update through Play Store and your login will keep with the updated version. But Play Store doesn't show an update. Snap on the other hand does show an update, but I'm concerned if I update through there Snapchat will somehow catch on that I'm not on an Android phone and will log me out.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 11:57 PM
729 ... 1617181920 ...