Anyone else a little annoyed that it's nearly impossible to get Snapchat to work on a BB10 device because Snapchat actively works to make sure that we can't? So let's do something about it. If enough people start giving their app the lowest possible rating on the android and iOs appstores then maybe they'll feel the need to do something about it. Pass it around to other relevant communities and maybe we can get something going.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 11:04 PM
    I've tried contacting the devs and I've gotten nothing. I don't get it man...

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 11:44 PM
    They'll probably never inconvenience themselves by making an app/their app work for us until it would be more of an inconvenience not to. So let's make it an inconvenience for them.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 09:34 AM
    Yeah! Let do it.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 10:02 AM
    They hate us. They make a conscious effort to make the app incompatible.
    04-16-15 01:23 PM
    So let's make a conscious effort to make them look bad.

Posted via CB10
    WWBENECSCI likes this.
    04-16-15 03:33 PM
    OK all 1,000 BB users that care will make them listen!
    04-16-15 03:36 PM
    OK so let's just go back to doing nothing because that's totally going places. I don't see why there's so much resistance to this idea, what consequences are there if you take 5 minutes of your time to give them a bad review? There's certainly potential benefits. If you really don't like the idea don't do it. If you've got a better idea throw it at me by all means. I'm just trying to do something to help the situation which is apparently a ridiculous proposition. 1000 may not be many but its certainly more than 0.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 07:29 PM
    Sorry but I've been on here for years and have never seen any results from these let's show them protests. But I hope your quest turns out different.
    04-16-15 07:41 PM
    I totally get where you're coming from but if everyone gave up because something was difficult then nothing would ever get done. I can't do this alone, I need other people to take part, post reviews, tell their friends spread the idea. Otherwise it won't ever go anywhere. I'm fairly new here and to Blackberry devices but Snapchat has got to be one of the hottest issues/most problematic apps to be discussed on this forum. If we just accept defeat or leave it up to Snapchat definitely nothing will ever happen. So why not take 5 minutes at some point in your day and do something, anything at all to make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 08:16 PM
    If snapchat was meant to run on a BlackBerry the app would be available. Get over it, get a new phone that runs snapchat if that's what you want.

Posted via CB10
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    04-16-15 08:57 PM
    The app was available and did work until Snapchat actively worked to make sure it wouldn't. There's no reason it shouldn't, the hardware is compatible and the software is compatible. If you don't want to try and do something about it then don't. No need for hateful comments. I'm just trying to get something done. Sorry for not shutting up and accepting exactly what I'm given like you apparently always do.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 10:18 PM
    Snapchat is a useless app for I-Weenies, and Goo-pussies. If you have a BlackBerry you should be using it for more productive things than taking stupid selfies, putting stupid comments on it, and sending it to your shallow friends. BlackBerry is not IPhone, BlackBerry is not Android, BlackBerry is BlackBerry! Decide what you want your phone for.

PaulJ
    04-17-15 08:26 PM
    @OP,
    what can someone like me who doesn't use snapchat do?
    i agree with how you feel if the app developer is taking conscious steps to prevent the app from working on BB10 devices, i mean, i will understand if the issue is Google authentication as it applies to some apps but if you can show clearly that the app developer is directly taking active steps to prevent the app from working on BB10 devices then they deserve to get hit back
    04-17-15 08:37 PM
    Snapchat is a useless app for I-Weenies, and Goo-pussies. If you have a BlackBerry you should be using it for more productive things than taking stupid selfies, putting stupid comments on it, and sending it to your shallow friends. BlackBerry is not IPhone, BlackBerry is not Android, BlackBerry is BlackBerry! Decide what you want your phone for.

PaulJ
    That is very insulting. Do you actually think snapchat is just for taking selfies? I probably take one selfie a month on average lol its funny how people on these forums are insulting people who use the app now this is really ridiculous....yes blackberry is blackberry, but all we want is a snapchat app on our os. Simple, I want my phone to be a communication device and a lot of my friends communicate to me thru snapchat. So now my friends are shallow?.... please leave

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    04-17-15 08:38 PM
    what can someone like me who doesn't use snapchat do?
    i agree with how you feel if the app developer is taking conscious steps to prevent the app from working on BB10 devices, i mean, i will understand if the issue is Google authentication as it applies to some apps but if you can show clearly that the app developer is directly taking active steps to prevent the app from working on BB10 devices then they deserve to get hit back
    The easiest things to do really are just to give them a bad review in itunes/playstore or send them an email. Tell your friends, even if they don't have blackberries they can still support the cause.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 11:51 AM
    That is very insulting. Do you actually think snapchat is just for taking selfies? I probably take one selfie a month on average lol its funny how people on these forums are insulting people who use the app now this is really ridiculous....yes blackberry is blackberry, but all we want is a snapchat app on our os. Simple, I want my phone to be a communication device and a lot of my friends communicate to me thru snapchat. So now my friends are shallow?.... please leave

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    Oh. I apologize. Perhaps I was being too harsh. It's just that the only people I see using Snapchat, are teens, and not people that are interested in being productive. As far as I'm concerned, there are more productive ways to communicate than using Snapchat. BBM for one. I tried using Snapchat when I first got my Z10, just to see what all the hype was about, and the only contacts that came up were my daughter, and the friends she hangs with that I had in my contacts list, and I found it to be a complete waste of bandwidth. If you want to use Snapchat so much, then sell your BlackBerry to someone who will make good use of it, and get yourself a device that Snapchat supports. Nuff said!

PaulJ
    04-18-15 03:27 PM
    OK so let's just go back to doing nothing because that's totally going places. I don't see why there's so much resistance to this idea, what consequences are there if you take 5 minutes of your time to give them a bad review? There's certainly potential benefits. If you really don't like the idea don't do it. If you've got a better idea throw it at me by all means. I'm just trying to do something to help the situation which is apparently a ridiculous proposition. 1000 may not be many but its certainly more than 0.

Posted via CB10
    I nominate this. I will lead the campaign for this.... Tomorrow.....
    04-18-15 03:56 PM
    Oh. I apologize. Perhaps I was being too harsh. It's just that the only people I see using Snapchat, are teens, and not people that are interested in being productive. As far as I'm concerned, there are more productive ways to communicate than using Snapchat. BBM for one. I tried using Snapchat when I first got my Z10, just to see what all the hype was about, and the only contacts that came up were my daughter, and the friends she hangs with that I had in my contacts list, and I found it to be a complete waste of bandwidth. If you want to use Snapchat so much, then sell your BlackBerry to someone who will make good use of it, and get yourself a device that Snapchat supports. Nuff said!

PaulJ
    Well I accept your apologies and I can't really argue with that, snapchat isn't productive at all, but man is it entertaining. Especially since it's coachella these days so I'm able to see what's happening there with all the public snaps being sent to my stories. So basically, it's not just about friends!

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    jaserjaser likes this.
    04-18-15 07:12 PM
    I can't wrap my head around this app, it's so dumb. If your doing stupid stuff and need a picture or video to disappear you need to reevaluate your life... hookers and blow are illegal.

Posted via CB10
    oldsoul123 likes this.
    04-19-15 01:33 AM
    I can't wrap my head around this app, it's so dumb. If your doing stupid stuff and need a picture or video to disappear you need to reevaluate your life... hookers and blow are illegal.

Posted via CB10
    Lol....easy man!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 05:24 AM

PaulJ
    Loooool, well said man, well said!.

Posted via CB10
    oldsoul123 likes this.
    04-19-15 05:25 AM
    While I don't think a protest will do anything, especially leaving bad reviews, I don't understand those that hate it and don't want it. You know you don't have to install it or use it. It would just be one more reason for young people to consider buying a BlackBerry.

So I guess since they aren't productive business people, which they could be. You don't want them to even consider buying your precious BlackBerry?
    04-19-15 05:40 AM
    Snapchat has been proven time and time again to be an app that is very insecure and has a lot of privacy issues, even on OS's that it is supported on. Chen probably doesn't want Snapchat to be on BlackBerry OS for that reason alone. BlackBerry is, and always has been about security and privacy of mobile communication. I for one don't want to go back to the days where every teenie bopper out there is wanting to carry a BlackBerry. I like being able to have a grown up device that is going to do the things I need it to do securely without having my privacy compromised by apps like Snapchat. Maybe that's why Snapchat is going out of it's way to block BlackBerry. They know that to make an app for BlackBerry, they would have to make it more secure than they want it to be.

PaulJ
    xavaxav likes this.
    04-19-15 11:17 AM
    But you don't have to install or use it. If you don't want it do just that.
    04-19-15 11:38 AM
58 123