In an effort to prove the "app gap" is closing with 10.2 to a friend of mine who's wife owns an iPhone and he's rocking an old and worn Bold, I used Snap to download the official Heads Up (warner bros $1.02 cdn) and try and installing it. Playing the app was fun on iPhone, thought it would be good to install on my Z10.

Well, download went well (after paying for it online) but when I use Snap to launch the installer, it says Processing, followed shortly by "Cannot Install this App", then kicking me back to Snap.

Maybe I don't fully understand how the installation process works, but I would assume it would launch the 3rd party app installer regardless and attempt to install it, most likely resulting in an app that at worst refuses to run after installation, but it doesn't get that far even.

So, is this a problem with the app, Snap, or the installer. Does Snap save the .apk somewhere that I can try and use the old way of side loading / force installing and see if it's the app that's incompatible?

Posted via CB10 using my Zed Ten
    03-27-14 08:50 AM
    Trying to attach two screen shots.

03-27-14 08:51 AM
    I'm having the same issue with eWallet. I believe it is because it is a paid for app.. Ilium support (for eWallet) is recommended that I install the APK with a file manager instead of Snap... Now I'm trying to figure that part out.
    tim brommer likes this.
    03-27-14 12:05 PM
    If you can download the apk to the device it can be installed without Snap by just long pressing it and choosing install.
    03-27-14 08:27 PM
    Check to see if your BB10 phone has the Android Runtime installed. If it doesn't, find it in BlackBerry World, install it, then see if that helps.

Just a suggestion

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F
    03-27-14 09:44 PM
    I've downloaded a paid app too, but when it was downloading it was acting very sporadically. Like the KB were dropping up and down and the blue progress bar was doing the same thing.

Anyway when I went to install the app the installer opened but I got the same error "unable to install"

I think maybe the download is corrupt, but I can't find a way to re-download it. I'm also maybe thinking that this app is somehow tied to my HTC One device I used to have and it will only be able to install it to that device. Idk about that though. What keeps you from installing apps on multiple devices?

Zed30
    03-27-14 10:47 PM
    Also the apk of the paid app cannot be saved to the device, apparently it gets deleted after the install. So where is it now though? I have it downloaded but can't find it.

Zed30
    03-27-14 10:50 PM
    I uninstalled/ installed Snap and it let me download the app again. It downloaded very quick this time and I was able to install the app.

The app opens but unfortunately it says unable to validate license. I imagine the app is trying to find a folder with the license in it but since the file system on BB10 is different maybe it can't find it. Sucks

Zed30
    03-28-14 12:28 AM
    TheStoryUp:

Funny, when I downloaded my paid app it did the same thing. Maybe I will uninstall/reinstall and see if that works, but yeah, if it fails to find a license then I guess paying for apps isn't that smart.

Does anyone know where Snap saves .apk files? I'd still like to try a manual install .

04-05-14 07:37 AM
    Okay, same thing happened with me. A re-install of Snap led to a normal download, and proper installation of the app. Maybe a bug with Snap?

However, it says on startup that it cannot find Billing Information and needs Google Play. Not going to lie, that's annoying. I guess I'm out of luck now unless BlackBerry somehow gets Google play on the z10.

Luckily I'm only out $1.02.

04-05-14 08:24 AM
    For what it's worth, Google play says the app I'm trying to install is compatible.

I installed Google Play and Google Play Services on the z10, thinking maybe the presence of the apk might trick the app into working, but no dice.

Re-looking at the error, it says there is a billing error and ensure I have Google Play installed. I'm guessing it's looking for Play to confirm the app is actually paid for (it is).

With Snap saying it can download and install paid for apps, I figured it would have this licked with some way to let le app know it's legal.

Any thoughts on what to do, or am I hooped at this point.

04-05-14 09:17 AM
    For what it's worth, Google play says the app I'm trying to install is compatible.

I installed Google Play and Google Play Services on the z10, thinking maybe the presence of the apk might trick the app into working, but no dice.

Re-looking at the error, it says there is a billing error and ensure I have Google Play installed. I'm guessing it's looking for Play to confirm the app is actually paid for (it is).

With Snap saying it can download and install paid for apps, I figured it would have this licked with some way to let le app know it's legal.

Any thoughts on what to do, or am I hooped at this point.

No I don't think there's anything we can do for now. I do have other paid apps that work but not this one. Maybe you can find the apk file on a torrent site and not use Snap to install.

Zed30
    04-05-14 11:38 AM
    Anyway when I went to install the app the installer opened but I got the same error "unable to install"
    10-26-14 02:16 PM
    Trying to install on my bbq5 why won't it install
    11-01-14 07:46 AM
    I'm having the same issue trying to install Iridium go app.

Maybe I will try deleting and reinstalling snap.

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    11-18-14 09:18 PM
    I'm having the same issue trying to install Iridium go app.

Maybe I will try deleting and reinstalling snap.

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    Don't bother. The iridium apk is the issue, not snap.
    11-23-14 03:13 PM
    Posted via CB10
    I get get same errors even when I install free apps like Mint Mint and Starbucks.

When I try to delete them, it doesn't uninstall.
    06-25-16 07:03 PM
    I get get same errors even when I install free apps like Mint Mint and Starbucks.

When I try to delete them, it doesn't uninstall.
    Are you running 10 3.2.2876? There is a runtime error known to OS 10.3.2.2876 with exactly that issue. If you are running that OS then apply the fix: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/39879918

Make sure you your BB10 browser is not in desktop mode when you click the link or it won't find it.
    Once completed - restart your phone then give it a few minutes to settle. You should then be able to uninstall as expected.
    06-25-16 09:22 PM