This back and forth would be easily over if BlackBerry let us install bar files OTA like we used to do back in the day... or just locally from our own device after setting permissions to allow it

Posted with a Verizon Z30 running 10.2.1.1955 and CB10. My channel with zero subscribers
    12-27-13 03:39 PM
    For some reason the search function in Snap doesn't work for me. No matter what I search for I get the waiting circle for half a second, which then disappears and then nothing shows up in the search field. I have a Verizon Z10 on 10.2.1.1055.
    I just wanted to say my problem hasn't gone away despite updating to the .1925 leak. Snap is kind of useless if you can't search for specific apps.
    12-27-13 07:07 PM
    I just wanted to say my problem hasn't gone away despite updating to the .1925 leak. Snap is kind of useless if you can't search for specific apps.
    On 1925 leak and Snap search works great for me.
    polgara59 likes this.
    12-27-13 07:13 PM
    I had that issue with the old bar file. When I updated to the new snap it solved it. Not sure what the cause was. If you don't allow permission it won't work too.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 08:56 PM
    Quick question if i have a gmail account do i still need a google play account? And also do i absolutely need the gsf id for snap to work?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 11:14 PM
    Quick question if i have a gmail account do i still need a google play account? And also do i absolutely need the gsf id for snap to work?
    You do not need an gsf id as this id is generated by Snap itself in the background.
    All you need is a gmail account, there is no separate Google Play account.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 12:06 AM
    Getting error Unable to login. Check your email and password.

Using Z30 10.2.1.1925. Installed Snap for first time. Allowed all the app permissions and as soon I open the app I get login screen and then get that error. Tried using 2 different gmail accounts
    12-28-13 01:25 AM
    Ok, so Christmas has been busy and didn't have time to dl the latest OS Leak...finally downloaded it today and the first thing I side loaded was Snap! WTF was I waiting on??? This is Da-bomb-diggy! Ok, IG already Downloaded, and now time to DL a few more! Kudos to the Developer! Easy Peezzy Leamon Squeezy as my 6 year old son would say!!
    Omnitech likes this.
    12-28-13 01:51 AM
    Getting error Unable to login. Check your email and password.

Using Z30 10.2.1.1925. Installed Snap for first time. Allowed all the app permissions and as soon I open the app I get login screen and then get that error. Tried using 2 different gmail accounts
    Are you using 2step authentication for your Gmail account?
    12-28-13 02:29 AM
    Don't work with 2step verification, but it's a great app!

CB users must make a HUGE donation for this gem!

THANKS!
    12-28-13 03:12 AM
    Yes am using 2 step. Whats the fix??
    12-28-13 03:26 AM
    Yes am using 2 step. Whats the fix??
    Snap works perfectly fine with 2step authentication.
    You just have to create an app password for Snap as described here:
    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    12-28-13 03:29 AM
    Snap works perfectly fine with 2step authentication.
    You just have to create an app password for Snap as described here:
    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
    thanks a ton
    12-28-13 04:58 AM
    Great App. Learnt a lot too. Big up! Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925

Hell happens when the evil in the world exceeds our belief that we can conquer it.�?4Life
    12-28-13 02:07 PM
    Quick question, this might have been asked earlier but I don't really want to read 56 pages of text...

Authentication works well, able to search and download, but when I click on open installer, nothing happen... Anyone got that ?

Q5 10.2.0.429 (dev mode activated if that can be of any use....) Snap version 1.9.6.0

I don't have any GSF ID since it wasn't mentionned what to do with it...
    Last edited by dedi820; 12-28-13 at 02:25 PM.
    12-28-13 02:09 PM
    Quick question, this might have been asked earlier but I don't really want to read 56 pages of text...

Authentication works well, able to search and download, but when I click on open installer, nothing happen... Anyone got that ?

Q5 10.2.0.429 (dev mode activated if that can be of any use....) Snap version 1.9.6.0

I don't have any GSF ID since it wasn't mentionned what to do with it...
    Direct apk installation only works on OS 10.2.1.1055 or higher.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    12-28-13 02:34 PM
    Alright, this explains that ! Thanks a lot for the quick reply ! I'll wait then !
    12-28-13 02:38 PM
    Alright, this explains that ! Thanks a lot for the quick reply ! I'll wait then !
    You don't have to wait. You can simply install the latest leak which is 10.2.1.1925. I'm running that OS myself, and it's cool. Just close your eyes and take the leap lol.

12-28-13 02:46 PM
    Didn't even think that they had an app.

Posted via CB10
    The Goodereader app AND the 1mobile app both work like a dream! Just d/l the apk and its goes straight to install....I have several I have installed this way....really couldn't be any easier.....:
    12-28-13 02:49 PM
    You don't have to wait. You can simply install the latest leak which is 10.2.1.1925. I'm running that OS myself, and it's cool. Just close your eyes and take the leap lol.

Well maybe I'll try that some day, but I'm quite new to the BB world and not sure about rushing things... Any difference with official releases ? It's supposed to come pretty soon anyway, isn't it ?

If you have a tip about how to catch up fast about about all the "underground" BB scene, let me know, I think crackberry is quite confusing when you land... (Maybe, PM, to not mess with the topic )
    12-28-13 03:12 PM
    Well maybe I'll try that some day, but I'm quite new to the BB world and not sure about rushing things... Any difference with official releases ? It's supposed to come pretty soon anyway, isn't it ?

If you have a tip about how to catch up fast about about all the "underground" BB scene, let me know, I think crackberry is quite confusing when you land... (Maybe, PM, to not mess with the topic )
    The difference between an official release and a leak, is that you have to expect a few more bugs since the leaks are like betas (pre-release / development builds). Often they bring new features - those will exist in the official releases too, but you'll get them earlier.

If you're new to BB, I'd suggest getting used to everything and read the stickies (or this particular thread http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=829568) and leak threads in the leaks forums. Also there are many threads on how to install a leak. Besides that there nothing special on installing leaks.

If you feel you're ready to try a leak, you can read through it's thread and still decide if the new features outweigh the bugs of the leak.
    The release of 10.2.1 is expected for January, so no need to rush into things

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    12-28-13 06:24 PM
    Main thing to remember about using the leak OS is that it's awesome, but be prepared to start fresh. It's not an upgrade per se, but a fresh install. Some have had good luck with backing up and restoring settings, but I've always had better success with just adding things back fresh after installing a new release. Just make sure your photos are stored on your SD card and jump in!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:23 PM
    I have tried this on leaked OS 1055 and now 1925 but I could not log in on either OS. I do not have google 2 step password and therefore cannot set up an application specific password. I can install apps from: Amazon app store, Mobile1 app store, GoodEReader app store. Snap will not log in using my existing Google Account...The account works. I've logged in to google play on my Wife's Nexus4.

ALSO: I tried logging in over WiFi AND over mobile network.

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by rgdunne; 12-29-13 at 09:59 AM. Reason: adding info
    12-29-13 09:57 AM
    Just donated to help support this awesome app! Thank you!!
    Keith
    12-29-13 12:17 PM

Some leaked OS's are eventually released by carriers. In this case, there's no difference between a leaked OS and the official version. Not all leaks, however, get picked up by carriers. Sometimes they are beta releases, not intended to be fully deployed. I've installed leaks that have my BB PIN as a watermark on the screen, so clearly it's not intended for the masses (but I wanted to preview the new functionality). Either way, the OS's are built by BlackBerry and someone with access has made it available to this lovely community!

Since you're new to BlackBerry, I'd stay away from the OS leaks that include a watermark (it's normally disclosed by the poster) as it'll probably have a few more bugs to deal with. Otherwise, go for it & you'll likely be weeks (or months if you're in the US) ahead of your carrier!
    Omnitech and Mecca EL like this.
    12-29-13 12:24 PM
3,312 ... 5455565758 ...