Had that myself. Installed the runtime files from 1055, installed a fw apps, then installed the 3 runtime files from this leak.

Posted via CB10
    So are you able to just freely DL APK's with the said runtime files now, or do you have to do this every time?

UPDATE:
    All is good now! Not sure what happened. Thanks for the reply.
    12-22-13 01:03 AM
    Having issues after installing latest leak and latest Snap version. Everything runs smooth except when I tap on "Download" it just says "Preparing Download" and stays there doing nothing. Permissions have been adjusted via the App Manager to no avail - any ideas?
    The Android Runtime needs to be loaded first. You can evoke this by opening an android app and you will see a blue loading bar on bottom of a blank screen with "BlackBerry" in middle. Wait until it loads. Then try Snap again.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259 CB10
    Vector-SS likes this.
    12-22-13 01:56 AM
    The Android Runtime needs to be loaded first. You can evoke this by opening an android app and you will see a blue loading bar on bottom of a blank screen with "BlackBerry" in middle. Wait until it loads. Then try Snap again.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259 CB10
    Thanks for the help.

I had already uninstalled it and reinstalled it and that fixed the issue.

The reinstall pushed the newer version of Snap as opposed to the older one despite using the same file (odd I know) - this was apparent with the app logo change.

Posted via my annoying, page-skipping CB10 app.
    12-22-13 02:34 AM
    Posted via my annoying, page-skipping CB10 app.
    Completely unrelated to this thread, but the latest version of CB10 has solved this issue. If you haven't updated you should, if you have and are still experiencing the issue please let us know.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:26 AM
    What permissions did you change?

Posted via CB10
    Allow apps from other sources and the permissions from the snap app

Subscribe at BBM Channel Amsterdam 020.am
    12-22-13 08:47 AM
    I am UNABLE to log in on Snap, I type in my Username and password for Google as requested and it tells me that it is incorrect... Not sure why this is happening because I can sign in on my PC. Please advise...
    sidhuk likes this.
    12-22-13 10:13 AM
    I am UNABLE to log in on Snap, I type in my Username and password for Google as requested and it tells me that it is incorrect... Not sure why this is happening because I can sign in on my PC. Please advise...
    If your Gmail is set to a 2-step password, you'll need to log into your Gmail on the comp and generate an app specific password for snap

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 01:31 PM
    Completely unrelated to this thread, but the latest version of CB10 has solved this issue. If you haven't updated you should, if you have and are still experiencing the issue please let us know.

Posted via CB10
    I tried changing it out after the fix but I can't seem to get rid of it. My signature is set to on in the settings and it says "Posted via CB10" :s

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 03:00 PM
    You are an amazing developer... and great asset to BlackBerry consumers!!! Third party devs FTW!!!!
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-22-13 03:02 PM
    I tried changing it out after the fix but I can't seem to get rid of it. My signature is set to on in the settings and it says "Posted via CB10" :s

Posted via CB10
    Worked that time.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 04:34 PM
    I don't know if the OP addressed this but i needed to turn off authentication to log into Snap.
    12-22-13 04:43 PM
    I don't know if the OP addressed this but i needed to turn off authentication to log into Snap.
    You mean google 2 step authentication? You don't have to turn it off. You just need to create an application specific password.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 06:15 PM
    JaredCo released an app they claim to be an .apk downloader. Be warned I would not trust their app 100%, they have received some bad press before (forced advertising, strange permissions). The app does not show any screenshots (another warning sign).
    Just a browser shortcut, not directly from Google Play like Snap!Thanks Plf4ume, for the info.

I am just saying it here to show there is a chance this app could be allowed on BBWorld.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 12-22-13 at 07:25 PM.
    12-22-13 06:28 PM
    JaredCo released an app they claim to be an .apk downloader. Be warned I would not trust their app 100%, they have received some bad press before (forced advertising, strange permissions). The app does not show any screenshots (another warning sign).

I am just saying it here to show there is a chance this app could be allowed on BBWorld.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Their app just opens the browser with a site they set up for apk download.

Posted via CB10
    MrGlenn likes this.
    12-22-13 06:39 PM
    Well that explains it, bad form once again. It feels just like the "App for x" name is cursed on BBWorld. I think only the Instagram one is kind of worth it.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    12-22-13 07:24 PM
    Thank you, I'll try that and hopefully it will work.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:56 PM
    Snap makes grabbing android apps and testing them out a snap! Makes it feel like that gap we all talk about is starting to shrink.
    12-22-13 09:22 PM
    You mean google 2 step authentication? You don't have to turn it off. You just need to create an application specific password.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. I wasn't familiar with those.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-22-13 09:25 PM
    I know i'm reaching here, but this app would be totally complete if it could detect and patch up those apps with maps dependencies using a script like the one found in this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=9720259

Not really a future request, but perhaps something to dream about
    Omnitech likes this.
    12-22-13 09:33 PM
    I have DL snap running latest OS 10.2.1.1259 loads ok have apps from android ready to load the screen just says processing and nothing happen Google Play recognize my handset Vodafone Z10 when I click on apps in my account
    12-22-13 11:47 PM
    Re: download issues... I have NEVER had that problem.

Though I don't believe in trying to queue up multiple downloads at the same time. I let each one finish.

It's not like it's likely to save much time anyway: if your connection has a max transfer rate of "X", you are not going to get "3X" transfer rate because you simultaneously start 3 downloads at the same time anyway. In fact, it is more likely that they will stall and/or fail. Nothing new there.

(Especially because since Google Play itself, to my knowledge, doesn't support simultaneous downloads via their own client anyway. So I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they throttle or kill download sessions if they see multiple concurrent download requests from a single endpoint)
    12-23-13 03:18 AM
    is there any way to see the GSF id that the app created? Looks like a pretty robust implementation, and I'd like to use this GSF id with yohanes' barinstall site (I'm on 10.2.0 still).

I believe if you point a web browser to play.google.com and login with the same account credentials, you can see it.
    12-23-13 03:27 AM
    I am not able to install Snap on OS 10.2.1.1925, it says "unable to open.."

Please advise.
    12-23-13 06:58 PM
    I am not able to install Snap on OS 10.2.1.1925, it says "unable to open.."

Please advise.
    Not what you may want to read but I am able to sideload and use Snap, normally, after installing the very recently leaked OS 10.2.1.1925 on my Z30
    12-23-13 07:24 PM
    I just upgraded to latest leak, snap downloads but apps aren't installing. just sits there after I press open installer.
    anyone else having this issue?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 11:28 AM
3,312 ... 5253545556 ...