No need. I'm happy to offer my advice for free!

In all seriousness, I was't kidding. I think it was known from the outset that Google was not going to be bringing their Map app to BlackBerry. And that BlackBerry would not have anything like the amount of apps that android or iPhones can boast. I think it is fantastic that BB has added a pretty decent android runtime to the BB10 OS (and a surprising number of apps do run on it) and is apparently going to be joining forces with Amazon to bring their apps. But it is still a BlackBerry phone, not an android.
    It's only going to get better, as they are clearly focusing on updating the runtime. But yes, in response to your original, incredibly insightful comment, I DO own android products and NO I don't want to use them. I would much rather use my 1, awesome BlackBerry device
    06-20-14 08:11 PM
    I an sorry, late to the party I think. But an app like this is why I logged on, one problem. Have I missed a step because I can not get it to download on my Z10 where have I gone wrong?

Thx

Posted via CB10
    Once you have sideloaded snap, all you need to do is login and search for apps. If its not working then you probably need to change the option in settings that allows for 3rd party app installation.

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140620_201420.png
    Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140620_201426.png
    06-20-14 08:14 PM
    My problem with this bought apps, that I meant and still have, is that I can find and install this purchased app (what I did inside the browser on my notebook at the Google Play store) inside of Snap on my BB10 device. But when I want to start the installed (!) app on my Z10, at each (!) of the purchased apps I receive an error that the connection can not been established. I have no idea why there is no reason to get this apps (complete diferrent types, several developers) get running. This is very strange. How do solve this??
    06-21-14 06:34 AM
    My Z10 won't open the file after I downloaded it. I don't know why. I would love to use the Z10 more if I could utilize more of Google.
    06-21-14 07:53 PM
    My Z10 won't open the file after I downloaded it. I don't know why. I would love to use the Z10 more if I could utilize more of Google.
    Try searching how to sideload apps around here. I'd use Sachesi. It's ***** proof.
    06-21-14 09:33 PM
    Wrong app problem. Stl1, South Africa, Z10

Zed 10 user in SA
    06-22-14 05:05 AM
    I frequently get download error. Why is not resume supported??
    Is there any way to continue download from where it stopped???

From 8703e till Z10. BB rocks!!!
    06-22-14 08:04 AM
    I frequently get download error. Why is not resume supported??
    Is there any way to continue download from where it stopped???

Just start over. It can be finicky with downloading
    06-22-14 09:39 AM
    I'd experienced this also, I think this maybe due to I opening other apps (minimized snap) or maybe due to packet loss in between.

Posted via CB10 from my STL100-1/10.2.1.3175. (Only god knows how much I love my Z10
    06-22-14 10:34 AM
    I'd experienced this also, I think this maybe due to I opening other apps (minimized snap) or maybe due to packet loss in between.

Posted via CB10 from my STL100-1/10.2.1.3175. (Only god knows how much I love my Z10
    I Agree.
    It stops when
    1. minimised,
    2. packet data is lost
    Had there be an option to resume or pause download, this would have been avoided.
    Hope you listen dev

06-22-14 12:24 PM
    Any news about next update?

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-22-14 12:28 PM
    I click link and screen goes white...any help?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 05:40 PM
    could we get an APK version of this one (for those with newer BBOS10)?
    06-22-14 07:22 PM
    Even I tried finding that but didn't get. I've sideloaded Snap then using DDPB Installer.

06-22-14 07:39 PM
    Snap is not available as an APK because it's built for use as a native BB10 app. It can't be converted to an android app to be downloaded. Side loading is the only way you can get it.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    nappp and JohnJenin10 like this.
    06-22-14 08:17 PM
    Snap is not available as an APK because it's built for use as a native BB10 app. It can't be converted to an android app to be downloaded. Side loading is the only way you can get it.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    native is the way to go. snap should never become a apk

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    06-23-14 12:12 AM
    "Why is it that the only commandment that God gave that starts with the word remember, we seem to "forget".

Rest on the seventh day."

You are correct, one reason I have an affinity for blackberry is that they are made in countries that have a cultural norm of a day off once a week. I have seen them made in Indonesia, Mexico and Canada. And so far, only the batteries and other accessories are from China.

This year, even in 2014, a 15 year old boy died of pneumonia at an Apple phone factory. I didn't even know China allowed 15 year olds to live in the worker dorms.

The normal way of working for them is 15 days straight, and two days off in a row. As bad as that is, it is their PUBLIC statement. How awful it must be.

Oh, and the PIN communications, BBM, and enterprise server software support, kick android and apple. Responsible people need to use Blackberry.
    06-23-14 07:43 AM
    I have a different experience with snap. After I had installed snap, I registered my Google account, password and logged in. It loaded up apps and I could easily download but the big problem I have with snap is after downloading an app it installs a different app with same file size don't know what to do please help.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 04:00 PM
    Good Job
    06-24-14 04:30 AM
    I have a different experience with snap. After I had installed snap, I registered my Google account, password and logged in. It loaded up apps and I could easily download but the big problem I have with snap is after downloading an app it installs a different app with same file size don't know what to do please help.

Posted via CB10
    It's a known bug for users located outside of Europe and North America. No known fix other than using a vpn service to make it appear as if you're in North America.
    06-24-14 09:57 AM
    It's a known bug for users located outside of Europe and North America. No known fix other than using a vpn service to make it appear as if you're in North America.
    I'm in the Caribbean and don't have that issue.

Zwiped from my Zed
    06-24-14 05:11 PM
    Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 11:06 PM
    Are there any plans from the developer to send notifications to the hub when Google Play updates apps? Is this even possible?

As of right now, as far as I'm aware the only way to tell if there's been an update is to physically go to every app I have on my phone in Snap and search to see if there's an update available.
    06-25-14 09:54 AM
    Are there any plans from the developer to send notifications to the hub when Google Play updates apps? Is this even possible?

As of right now, as far as I'm aware the only way to tell if there's been an update is to physically go to every app I have on my phone in Snap and search to see if there's an update available.
    Can't you just open Snap and look under My Apps? It lists the updates. Or am I missing something here?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 10:07 AM

You can just open Snap and tap in the bottom-left then tap My Apps and the default tab it opens is a list of updates. You don't have to go to each app separately.
    06-25-14 11:14 AM
3,312 ... 111112113114115 ...