Hmm. Might be worth the money instead of sideloading GMaps like I have now. Thanks.
    Plus, you have the satisfaction of supporting native BB10 app development.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    05-05-14 05:05 AM
    Is there an app that controls the BlackBerry apps as well as the android? Any task manager only works with android not BlackBerry. Sometimes you can close BlackBerry apps and sometimes not. Very frustrating. Even if you download task manager from BB App World still only controls android apps. Anybody have any suggestions, I could use some. Thank you Jill
    05-05-14 07:07 AM
    Is there an app that controls the BlackBerry apps as well as the android? Any task manager only works with android not BlackBerry. Sometimes you can close BlackBerry apps and sometimes not. Very frustrating. Even if you download task manager from BB App World still only controls android apps. Anybody have any suggestions, I could use some. Thank you Jill
    I haven't seen anything like that, but I also haven't had any problem closing BlackBerry apps.
    05-05-14 08:14 AM
    Looking at the screen shots from BlackBerry World of that task manager they're lifted right from an android OS. I guess I'm not totally surprised they would only play nice with android apps because of that. I agree with ubizmo though, I have never had any problems shutting down native BlackBerry apps. Have you tried closing them through the device monitor? Just find the apps pulling from the CPU, tap what you want to shut down and then hit close on the bottom of the screen. It will close the active frame as well as shut down any processes associated with the app and this method works with both native BB10 and android sideloaded apps.

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140505_105104.png

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Last edited by jzajac; 05-05-14 at 10:04 AM.
    05-05-14 09:52 AM
    I have just recently updated to 10.2 (AT&T costumer) and tried the Amazon App store however using your app is a better choice to down load APKs Thank very much for building it. You da man!!!!
    05-05-14 11:27 AM
    I have been using Snap very successfully until I just attempted to update the Rhapsody music ap. The ap seems to download but when I hit the installer I get a can't install this ap. Is it the update or did the file get corrupted somehow. When I attempt to access the update again, the screen starts at the installer phase then the same result. I don't see the new APK in the phone anywhere. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 10:28 PM
    I keep thinking about security vs. Reward here and what has me a bit puzzled, is that supposedly BlackBerry has built a sandbox into the Android runtime, but I am unsure as to whether or not it is capable of halting attempts like malware. Also, the data mining is what I am concerned about. These two issues need not concern pure BlackBerry users (so far).

If an Android app is given permission to access your files, your contacts, your calendar, your location, your network info, your phone number, your BBID, etc.. then there are plenty of "bad things" that can be done without it being a virus specifically, if the app developer is shady.

For that matter, a lot of those things can happen with native apps too - the difference is, the developer has to file with BlackBerry to have the app approved to distribute through BlackBerry World, they have to have legit contact details, someone has to check to see what the app does and ascertain if it is doing anything "sneaky", and so on. And with native apps, users can pick and choose exactly which permissions they want to grant. (For example personally, I almost always revoke BBM permissions from BB10 apps because 99.9% of the time those permissions are used only for exploiting your app install as a free advertisement. Though in this case, the fact they ask for those permissions is not necessarily by itself questionable, because for example in order to be approved as a "Built for BlackBerry" app, connecting the app to BBM is a requirement.)

When you install a random Android app from a 3rd-party app store - you have almost ZERO of those protections. If you install an Android app via Google Play - at least Google's standards apply, but those standards have been demonstrated to be pretty lax. Google relies on automated systems for the most part to approve apps - which is one reason why for example a week ago a completely fake "anti virus" app made it to one of the highest/most popular apps on the whole Google store. That's not a trivial achievement.

The "sandboxing" that is done on BB10 is neither foolproof nor does it protect you if you have granted an app permissions to something that the app can do something sneaky with. (ie, contacts)
    05-05-14 10:38 PM
    I have been using Snap very successfully until I just attempted to update the Rhapsody music ap. The ap seems to download but when I hit the installer I get a can't install this ap. Is it the update or did the file get corrupted somehow. When I attempt to access the update again, the screen starts at the installer phase then the same result. I don't see the new APK in the phone anywhere. Any ideas?
    I reported that same issue with a couple of other apps that I tried to install, but no one responded. I "reset" Snap by deleting it from my phone and then reinstalling it.
    Snap 2.0.0.2
    Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2947
    05-06-14 08:27 AM
    Hey @James when are you giving us the update for snap? And also for flipshush?

C00387D95 - Happenings in India(latest news), also known as HII(search by HII keyword in channels to find it there)
    05-06-14 08:39 AM
    hi everyone
    i want sync my account in clash of clans from game center (apple) to blackberry z10
    but i cant do it
    plz help me
    05-07-14 01:50 PM
    Where art James!!

Zwiped from my Zed
    05-07-14 04:43 PM
    Where art James!!

Knowing James, probably feverishly working on New Kool Stuph(tm) which he will reveal shortly after he returns to the thread.
    trinichindian likes this.
    05-08-14 03:23 AM
    plz help me
    tnks
    05-08-14 03:43 AM
    Knowing James, probably feverishly working on New Kool Stuph(tm) which he will reveal shortly after he returns to the thread.
    Good to know that. are you also aware if he is ready with an update for Snap?
    05-08-14 04:28 AM
    hi everyone
    i want sync my account in clash of clans from game center (apple) to blackberry z10
    but i cant do it
    plz help me
    I could be wrong so forgive me in advance. I think game center is iOS specific that works by you creating a username to save game data rather than linking it to an email address, is that correct? If it is I think you're out of luck. It would be different if it linked you through a facebook account or email address that would work across platform. You might be stuck with starting fresh on a new platform. If you were coming from android maybe that would be different.

Again, I'm really sorry if I'm wrong and wasted your time with this post as I'm answering with limited knowledge of the game and game center. Honestly I hope I am so someone can give you better news than what I did. You might have better luck in a thread that is specific to that game in the android port section of the forums. You're probably not the only one looking for that answer.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    05-08-14 07:12 AM
    Good to know that. are you also aware if he is ready with an update for Snap?
    I don't claim to have special knowledge on that.

I just know that this has been his pattern here.

Snap is fabulously useful as it is, though it is always nice to see more improvements.
    05-08-14 01:06 PM
    I don't claim to have special knowledge on that.

I just know that this has been his pattern here.

Snap is fabulously useful as it is, though it is always nice to see more improvements.
    Speak for yourself bro.

Snap downsloads/installs completely different apps for me whenever I try to download android apps. For instance, If I click to download crackberry for android it downloads something different like Temple run. This has been an issue for me.. so Snap hasn't really been 'fabulously useful' for everyone.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2234-RA:2274"the iPhone Nemesis"
    05-08-14 04:29 PM
    Snap downsloads/installs completely different apps for me whenever I try to download android apps. For instance, If I click to download crackberry for android it downloads something different like Temple run. This has been an issue for me.. so Snap hasn't really been 'fabulously useful' for everyone.

I never denied that some people have that issue. I think that happens only to a small subset of users though.

And while I don't know what causes that issue, I have to wonder if it isn't related to the "too many apps" thing that causes weird problems with Android apps in general on BB10.
    05-08-14 10:05 PM

And while I don't know what causes that issue, I have to wonder if it isn't related to the "too many apps" thing that causes weird problems with Android apps in general on BB10.
    Care to elaborate? I didn't know there was such and issue...

Zwiped from my Zed
    05-09-14 05:23 AM
    Care to elaborate? I didn't know there was such and issue...
    I'm using CB10 right now so am missing useful ways to look up a link for you.

Many people reported weird problems with OS 10.2.1.xxxx like losing access to contacts or app permissions page in settings after installing a high number of Android apps.

I can't remember all the details without reviewing those threads again.
    05-09-14 07:26 AM
    Many people reported weird problems with OS 10.2.1.xxxx like losing access to contacts or app permissions page in settings after installing a high number of Android apps.
    I have the "There are no applications to manage" issue, since I initially upgraded my phone to 10.2.1, but I have not yet had the "wrong app" issue. I have had an intermittent issue where Snap notified me that an updated app version was available, but when I tried to download it, I got the same version that was already installed on my phone. However, I did eventually get the newer version when I tried again, some 10 to 30 minutes later. I speculate there may be a server-side issue.
    Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2947
    05-09-14 08:53 AM
    I should probably note at this point that oftentimes when the Android runtime is acting "wonky", a restart will fix it. (See my posting signature if you're using the website)

But here's the important point: the Android subsystem will NOT get fully re-initialized on a "soft" or "warm" reboot, only on a "hard" or "cold" reboot. And please save yourself a future headache and do the hard reboot the "graceful" way as outlined in the post in my signature, and NOT by pulling the battery.
    05-09-14 10:32 AM

Oh okay thanks for the info.

I have to admit, i'm using Aptoide more now to update my Android apps as its more robust now than Snap. It has a download manager that resumes downloads in the event anything happens and works very well.. Also, i don't have to keep my display 'alive' for it to work. When my display times out with Snap, my download crashes with it....then i have to start all over...it doesn't resume.

I would like to get rid of Aptoide if Snap comes up to par...... as I keep catching Aptoide randomly running in the background and have to keep killing it with Task manager.

Hope James has a taste for us sometime in the near future...
    05-09-14 02:08 PM

Now that I'm on the website again:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1925-a-891719/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...o-apps-876549/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ssions-896308/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ttings-875854/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...counts-879621/
    trinichindian likes this.
    05-09-14 05:22 PM
    I haven't seen anything like that, but I also haven't had any problem closing BlackBerry apps.
    05-10-14 10:42 AM
3,312 ... 105106107108109 ...