Finally installed v2.0 I HAD some issues with the .APK files not being saved. I logged out then signed in again and all is well. I had previously indicated that this app was awesome and I am sorry for this but the app is now BEYOND awesome. Sorry about the confusion.
    02-03-14 12:16 PM
    Yup. Discovered that too. :/

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    You could always 'accidentally' delete your workspace, sideload Snap, and then ask IT to re-activate you
    02-03-14 12:18 PM
    For everyone wanting to save the APKs to a folder so you can delete them, there is a setting for that. Under settings find Post-install behavior and select Delete APK. No need to move it to a folder.

If you want to keep the APKs, simply go in to the settings and re-choose the save folder. Snap should then verify the folder and start using it.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 01:02 PM
    For everyone wanting to save the APKs to a folder so you can delete them, there is a setting for that. Under settings find Post-install behavior and select Delete APK. No need to move it to a folder.

If you want to keep the APKs, simply go in to the settings and re-choose the save folder. Snap should then verify the folder and start using it.

Posted via CB10
    Works now for me now too. I had to delete and reinstall. Should have done that when I first loaded the update.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 01:34 PM
    FYI for anyone having problems with apk's not saving after install... a delete + reinstall seems to have solved it.

I installed over the previous version on the initial installation , so that may be a cause.
    02-03-14 01:52 PM
    Again, hopefully everyone reads this (and sorry for the previous confusion):

Snap 2.0 automatically deletes APKS after they are successfully installed.

If you would still like a copy of the APK, you can do-so via the "Post-Install Behavior" setting. Note: There is currently a bug that when you first run Snap, you must go into the settings and re-choose the folder of your choice (and make sure Shared Folders permission is turned on)
    02-03-14 06:25 PM
    Thanks! v2.0 is a GREAT update. It's working flawlessly for me.
    02-03-14 06:50 PM
    Hi.. I have Successfully installed snap and it is doing great for me.. except I am not getting any thing if I click telegram app, the second most popular free app.. I don't know it is only for me or something like that.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 07:03 PM
    Can you please test +=! and see if those work? One or more of those characters appear in my password.

Thanks
    Got it figured out! I'm going to try and track down the download fail and folder crashed then I'll push out a bug fix release!
    02-03-14 07:35 PM
    I purchased Deus Ex: The Fallen and I get a "network error" when clicking on the price of it under my available apps in Snap. I installed 2.0 over top the previous, so I'm going to delete and re-sideload it. It don't have any other paid apps, but free ones install no problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:07 PM
    Got it figured out! I'm going to try and track down the download fail and folder crashed then I'll push out a bug fix release!

Excellent! Thank you very much. Looking forward to the update!
    02-03-14 09:24 PM
    I just loaded the Release 2 and now when I start it says "Please login again" and just sits there with "Loading" and the round thing spinning. How long is this supposed to take to spin up? I reset the Q10 and it still does this.
    02-03-14 09:44 PM
    I just loaded the Release 2 and now when I start it says "Please login again" and just sits there with "Loading" and the round thing spinning. How long is this supposed to take to spin up? I reset the Q10 and it still does this.
    Yep I came across this bug today while debugging login issues. Just swipe down from the top and go to Settings and login again.
    02-03-14 09:47 PM
    I had to uninstall and reinstall and now it is working perfect.
    02-03-14 09:52 PM
    Dear James,

Thx again for all your efforts. Really appreciated !

I did some more testing on my issue.

Current situation :
    -----------------------
    Hardware BlackBerry Q10
    OS 10.2.1.1925 official
    Country Belgium
    Snap 2.0 (sideloaded through Chrome)
    Never had an earlier version on my set.
    So fresh install.

Login : works
    Browsing : works
    Downloading : works
    Open installer : fails

After clicking the 'open installer' button the phone goes into an eternal spinning wheel processing.
    It happens with both payed and free apps.
    When I go into "my apps" all downloaded apps are in the "available" tab. Clicking on them and again click open installer gives the same eternal wheel.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 10:48 PM
    Dear James,

Thx again for all your efforts. Really appreciated !

I did some more testing on my issue.

Current situation :
    -----------------------
    Hardware BlackBerry Q10
    OS 10.2.1.1925 official
    Country Belgium
    Snap 2.0 (sideloaded through Chrome)
    Never had an earlier version on my set.
    So fresh install.

Login : works
    Browsing : works
    Downloading : works
    Open installer : fails

After clicking the 'open installer' button the phone goes into an eternal spinning wheel processing.
    It happens with both payed and free apps.
    When I go into "my apps" all downloaded apps are in the "available" tab. Clicking on them and again click open installer gives the same eternal wheel.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Posted via CB10
    Try checking your application permissions for the app and make sure you have accepted them all. That happened to me once and i had to accept all the permissions than it worked.

I was just wondering if anyone is having trouble with the download link for this update? I cant seem to get it to work, when i click on the link it wont load or wont download.

Update:
    Working fine now, thanks again for this great app, you are a genius!
    Last edited by DougieFresh22; 02-04-14 at 12:13 AM.
    02-03-14 11:27 PM
    Looks like your website is down. I can't access it from my pc or bb. I can get a cached version on my pc, but I still can't download the bar.
    02-03-14 11:41 PM
    All my permissions are granted.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:22 AM
    Looks like your website is down. I can't access it from my pc or bb. I can get a cached version on my pc, but I still can't download the bar.
    Sorry about that! my hosting company was doing maintenance ( and only gave me 1 days prior notice).
    Revord likes this.
    02-04-14 09:37 AM
    Is there a way to remove apps from the available list?
    I tried going into Google Play but all the apps still show up as installed. I guess they don't delink from play properly when you delete them off the BlackBerry.
    02-04-14 09:40 AM
    Is there a way to remove apps from the available list?
    I tried going into Google Play but all the apps still show up as installed. I guess they don't delink from play properly when you delete them off the BlackBerry.
    Not possible. It's nothing to do with SNAP, but pure Google things. They collect and retain the information about your past and present devices and whole purchase/download app's history, hence SNAP is just reading the info from GooglePlay
    02-04-14 10:12 AM
    FYI I don't want an android I just want a decent sat nav with local maps, traffic and speed cameras.

Posted via CB10
    Check out OSMAND. It's an Android port available through BBW. With downloaded map data you can use it in Airplane mode (which is what I do when I hop across the border to the US for the day and don't feel like paying a king's ransom do a couple of megs of roaming data).

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 10:17 AM
    James, awesome piece of work! Just installed over the previous version, logged out and back in. Went to "My Apps" tab and look and behold, i had three updates available! Clicked on each, opened the installer and updated them. All good!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 10:20 AM
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, jamespaulmuir.

I hope that you are able to monetize the hell out of this. Blackberry should send you a big fat check, I think you have done more to save the company than many who have, or who already have pulled, their golden parachute.

It is however to me amusing, confusing and ironic that you need to sideload the app that eliminates the need for sideloading!

I am correct right, even to upgrade Snap you need to do it via a sideload?

Thanks

Twis
    jamespaulmuir likes this.
    02-04-14 10:41 AM
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, jamespaulmuir.

I hope that you are able to monetize the hell out of this. Blackberry should send you a big fat check, I think you have done more to save the company than many who have, or who already have pulled, their golden parachute.

It is however to me amusing, confusing and ironic that you need to sideload the app that eliminates the need for sideloading!

I am correct right, even to upgrade Snap you need to do it via a sideload?

Thanks

Twis
    There is no other way to have a native app that won't be approved in BlackBerry World. It's worth the 30 seconds for me with every upgrade

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-04-14 10:48 AM
3,312 ... 7879808182 ...