Stupid BYOD IT policy has disabled Development Mode permanently (or until I get my corporate bb10). I guess I'm stuck with v1.9 for another month or two.....or when BlackBerry 12 comes out as our IT Dept are inept and slow at just about everything (we still run WinXP).

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    02-02-14 05:36 PM
    Stupid BYOD IT policy has disabled Development Mode permanently (or until I get my corporate bb10). I guess I'm stuck with v1.9 for another month or two.....or when BlackBerry 12 comes out as our IT Dept are inept and slow at just about everything (we still run WinXP).

what is stopping you to use Sachesi to sideload SNAP? no dev mode needed....
    02-02-14 05:45 PM
    Nice. Though it would be nice to see all the list in the main page. Like for example, the trending apps, we can only see what's displayed on the main page but cannot see the entire list.

Z10 STL100-2 / Official Release 10.2.1.1925
    02-02-14 05:53 PM
    Dear James,

First of all thank you so much for this great app!

I have a little problem though. Everything works perfect : login with my google account, search, download an app. The moment I click on "open installer" I get the spinning circle and it keeps processing without something happening. Pls help. Thx.
    02-02-14 06:05 PM
    what is stopping you to use Sachesi to sideload SNAP? no dev mode needed....
    Thanks. Didn't know you could do that.

Last edited by pgg101; 02-02-14 at 08:39 PM.
    02-02-14 06:40 PM
    Looking into it now!!!

Is this happening to all apps you try? paid and free? or just paid?
    I have two Google Accounts.

One I get "Network error" on, the other works.

No other differences, and it doesn't matter if I try to update a paid or free app (I have some paid apps on one of the accounts that I know work, because I can grab them from my (rooted) tablet and then load the APKs and they run.

Both accounts claim to be properly signed on (one at a time of course) but one works with SNAP and the other returns Network Error no matter what I try to download.
    02-02-14 06:42 PM
    It's good that it lets you download purchased apps however whilst it works the apps still will not run.

I purchased tomtom today, it downloaded and installed just fine but then gave me a license validation error so would not work. Anybody found a way around this one?
    There are ways around it but they're quite-involved and require a fair bit of work per-app -- and if used to steal apps you didn't pay for are illegal (piracy) as well.
    02-02-14 06:45 PM
    Just want to check something: How much free space do you have on the device? Settings -> About -> Category:Hardware -> Free Storage
    Sorry james for so late reply.

Yes its happening for every app. Big or small, free or paid.

I have 7.8gb free.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 07:42 PM
    Hello, this is a great tool but my company turns off the side-load capability on my Z10. Is there another way to install this? How about put it up in BlackBerry World?

- DW
    02-02-14 07:57 PM
    Hello, this is a great tool but my company turns off the side-load capability on my Z10. Is there another way to install this? How about put it up in BlackBerry World?

- DW
    Well see ,the overlords won't allow it...they have spoken, they will banish him from existence if he even submitted it for approval, O.O

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    02-02-14 08:03 PM
    Is it possible that the app doesn't support special characters in passwords? Someone I spoke to earlier said they couldn't log in with their pass (which contains special characters), so instead they enabled two-step verification, created an app password, and it worked just fine.
    02-02-14 08:06 PM
    Just upgraded right over old one. Works like a charm. Thanks to the dev!

Posted via CB10 on my Rogers Crackberry!
    02-02-14 08:57 PM
    Is it possible that the app doesn't support special characters in passwords? Someone I spoke to earlier said they couldn't log in with their pass (which contains special characters), so instead they enabled two-step verification, created an app password, and it worked just fine.

I just tried " ' ; % in a test account and they all worked fine. It seems to be handling at least ascii characters just fine.
    02-02-14 10:11 PM
    James... any work around you could do for download issue thing...

an update.. I tried to download update for a couple of apps.. size max was 24MB. they went through but they were slow on download.. but when I tried to download an app 40+ just right after the above finished. it failed...!!
    02-02-14 10:36 PM
    Thanks for the great app and the ease of use, I was using it prior to this update and prior to the official release of 10.2.1 and now after these changes of the official OS upgrade and the 2.0.0.0 update of snap the apps download fine but when i click open installer it just hangs in the "processing" screen. I went to the app manager and switched on the "install from other sources button" restarted and reinstalled the snap app more than twice using the chrome sideload method to no avail can you assist me please
    02-03-14 12:03 AM
    I just tried " ' ; % in a test account and they all worked fine. It seems to be handling at least ascii characters just fine.
    Can you please test +=! and see if those work? One or more of those characters appear in my password.

Thanks
    02-03-14 12:16 AM
    I have been using snap on the 1925 leak and been working fine, now i loaded the official 10.2.1 release from my carrier "Vodacom" in South Africa on my STL 100-1 and now it seems to get stuck on the processing screen, the problem came after installing 2.0.0.0 as well. I tried many a sideload with the Chrome extension method to no joy. I love snap and what it offers me how do I go about fixing it?
    02-03-14 12:33 AM
    Anyone else getting a crash after installing an app and going back to the main page? I think the crash occurs as snap tries to copy the file to my downloads folder (since it never shows).
    02-03-14 12:43 AM
    Anyone else getting a crash after installing an app and going back to the main page? I think the crash occurs as snap tries to copy the file to my downloads folder (since it never shows).
    Yeah I'm getting the odd one crash but others seem ok. The ones that didn't work, it seems to be an issue saving apk to download folder, as you say.
    02-03-14 01:03 AM
    V2 is a fantastic upgrade... great mimic of BlackBerry World UI.

Haven't attempted a paid app purchase yet, but the feature is amazing.

Except for a small bug not recognising when you have updated an app I can't think of anything negative.. or any new features that I'm desperate for.

Already donated.. but this deserves more.. so I'm going to purchase the devs BB10 apps.

Posted via CB10
    jamespaulmuir likes this.
    02-03-14 04:47 AM
    Quick note for people who were wondering.
    New Login UI which includes 2-step authentication and link to Help & Privacy Policy
    means you should read the FAQ and create an app specific password.
    2-step auth is still not supported in Snap.
    02-03-14 04:52 AM
    Thanks. Didn't know you could do that.

You can't - Sachesi won't work either if your IT dept has disabled development mode via a policy.
    02-03-14 05:20 AM
    Would you like to use this icon maybe, I imitated the GPlay's shape and color in case of Google says you copy pasted their logo and used BlackBerry World app's round shape with grey stroke to stay with BlackBerry's design:

jamespaulmuir and thanasi like this.
    02-03-14 05:49 AM
    James, any solution for my problem (a few sites back, after v2 release news)?
    snap is closing immediately after clicking on 'open installer' with my paid apps. Titanium Backup Pro und Runtastic Pro. Free apps work fine...

Sent with ZeeTen using Tapatalk
    02-03-14 06:11 AM
    James, any solution for my problem (a few sites back, after v2 release news)?
    snap is closing immediately after clicking on 'open installer' with my paid apps. Titanium Backup Pro und Runtastic Pro. Free apps work fine...
    BlackBerry 10 usually can't install license files.
    02-03-14 06:21 AM
3,312 ... 7677787980 ...