To answer my own question the solution is on page 63 of this thread

as follows

You must have the Google 2-step verification enabled....
    Log into your Gmail account on your PC, going into the settings...under the "Accounts" tab, look for "Change Account settings", then click on "Other Google Account settings". It will launch a new window, then click on the 'Security" tab. Under 'password", click on "settings" next to [App Password]. It will prompt you for your primary Google password, then take you to a screen to generate a special password for apps. Type the password it generates into the snap app on your phone. This should resolve your problem.
    Sally Mack likes this.
    01-28-14 02:34 PM
    Will it be possible that also purchased music from Google Play will find its way to BB10 via Snap?
    01-28-14 02:40 PM
    Do you have a .APK file for your app? or how do I install the bar file you have there?

thanks!!!

C
    Here you go: http://m.crackberry.com/sideload-app...-google-chrome

Instructions to sideload the bar file.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 02:41 PM
    To answer my own question the solution is on page 63 of this thread

as follows

You must have the Google 2-step verification enabled....
    Log into your Gmail account on your PC, going into the settings...under the "Accounts" tab, look for "Change Account settings", then click on "Other Google Account settings". It will launch a new window, then click on the 'Security" tab. Under 'password", click on "settings" next to [App Password]. It will prompt you for your primary Google password, then take you to a screen to generate a special password for apps. Type the password it generates into the snap app on your phone. This should resolve your problem.
    As far as I understand it, Snap does not require 2-step authentication to be turned on. If you do have 2-step authentication turned on then the steps above are required. However, if you do not, then Snap should work using simply your gmail account and password.

I cannot get Snap to work when supplying simply my gmail account and password. I get an "unable to login" message. I do not have 2-step authentication turned on for my Google account.

So there is some other issue preventing login. Any ideas?
    01-28-14 02:56 PM
    Snap got a mention in the news today, although I'm not sure if it is accurate:

BlackBerry has attempted to address the lack of apps by including a virtual Relevant Products/Services machine in OS 10 that allows Android Relevant Products/Services apps to run on BlackBerry devices. The VM, originally clunky, reportedly has been greatly improved with version 10.2.1, allowing Android apps to call native Linux binary libraries directly rather than ported versions running on QNX, the base platform for BlackBerry OS. Some reviewers have said version 10.2.1 runs Android apps so well they are "typically indistinguishable" from native BlackBerry apps. BlackBerry has also included Snap, an app to give direct access to Google's Play store for Android apps.
    BlackBerry Issues an Update for OS 10 | Top Tech News
    Mecca EL and eldricho like this.
    01-28-14 02:59 PM
    Hi...im stuck on "processing" in the installation process, downloaded using snap... ive set all the permissions to "on",what am i doing wrong? I also have the current os 10.2.1.1925..please help

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 03:10 PM
    try:
    settings
    app manager
    installing apps
    on
    01-28-14 04:52 PM
    As far as I understand it, Snap does not require 2-step authentication to be turned on. If you do have 2-step authentication turned on then the steps above are required. However, if you do not, then Snap should work using simply your gmail account and password.

I cannot get Snap to work when supplying simply my gmail account and password. I get an "unable to login" message. I do not have 2-step authentication turned on for my Google account.

So there is some other issue preventing login. Any ideas?
    same problem here
    01-28-14 04:56 PM
    same problem here
    Same problem here too.

Running 10.2.1
    All permissions turned on
    External sources allowed
    gmail account entered correctly

did I miss anything?

It seems there are a number of people with this problem from the last 20 or so pages I read. I was wondering if it could relate to me having installed one of the earliest versions of Snap. If I recall correctly it worked for a bit then when a new release came out I updated but couldn't get my head around creating the gfsid (I understand this is no longer necessary) so I just deleted it. Might there be some remnant of the old version creating the problem?

Would it be better to start a new thread for this issue
    01-28-14 06:49 PM
    So i have the processing issue on my mom's z10 but not my z10, weird,

I have enabled installing apps from other sources instead of blackberry world
    still no luck, ive also tried my google login and hers, which i dont think matter since it download just doesnt go to install page??
    Any other suggestions would be appreciated
    01-28-14 08:30 PM
    I just got the OS update today and found that my previous download of Instagram wasn't working anymore. So I tried using Snap.
    I've been able to log into my google play account, and "download" the app, but once I click "open installer" I get a never ending processing page that never loads

I've checked off all the permissions for the app, and turned on the "installing apps from other sources" thing.

It still doesn't work.
    Please help.
    01-28-14 08:33 PM
    Snap got a mention in the news today, although I'm not sure if it is accurate:

BlackBerry Issues an Update for OS 10 | Top Tech News
    Included?????
    01-28-14 08:40 PM
    i have an it policy restricted development mode z10. is there any way to get snap in an apk format?
    01-28-14 10:53 PM
    Great job by the developer. I side loaded Snap today and buuooyy.. works like a charm! Better than other 3rd party app stores!

Kudos to the developer(s)
    01-28-14 11:08 PM
    Google it out.. convert bar to apk and there are couple of sites to help you out
    01-28-14 11:10 PM
    Google it out.. convert bar to apk and there are couple of sites to help you out
    It doesn't work that way... only in the opposite direction.
    01-29-14 12:59 AM
    a Great app but is now due for an update since long... :P

I would like to see more action in the next update,

- buy apps
    -app history backup if possible
    -new UI
    -More easy downloading(25MB+ stucks quite a lot)
    -Long running support(headless) for updating and downloading apps
    -Uninstall completely(to save the storage)
    -Remove app from the list if uninstalled
    -Reviews(posting) for BB10 on snap server only so that once it is widely used, people know what is the feedback for bb10.
    -New Logo etc.(just like that)

I would like to see some more apps from the developer especially around GSF which will help us to run them and more fast.

But anyways you are doing a great job. Wish you more luck......
    Thanks for everything so far....
    01-29-14 01:24 AM
    ok guys can you help me..how do i load snap? i have no idea how to do it

a video that shows me would be great...if not i need a detailed guide step by step (in the 'ABC' for kids kind of way) as i a not tech savvy at all!!!

please help :'(

thanks
    01-29-14 04:38 AM
    i have an it policy restricted development mode z10. is there any way to get snap in an apk format?
    try Sachesi. I do not know what kind of other IT restrictions you have on your phone, but at least to load the bars with Sachesi you do not need the dev. mode switched on.
    01-29-14 04:51 AM
    ok guys can you help me..how do i load snap? i have no idea how to do it

a video that shows me would be great...if not i need a detailed guide step by step (in the 'ABC' for kids kind of way) as i a not tech savvy at all!!!

please help :'(

thanks
    drama.....
    It's on the crackberry's front page: How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10.2.1 to install Android APK files | CrackBerry.com (section how to sideload Snap)

Otherwise use Sachesi.
    01-29-14 04:54 AM
    drama.....
    It's on the crackberry's front page: How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10.2.1 to install Android APK files | CrackBerry.com (section how to sideload Snap)

Otherwise use Sachesi.
    well if i understood it i wouldnt have posted here...

what in earth is Sachesi???
    01-29-14 05:00 AM
    well if i understood it i wouldnt have posted here...

what in earth is Sachesi???
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sachesi
    01-29-14 05:09 AM
    thanks...but i already googled it and didnt understand what it means.. and whats the difference between that and snap.

i really dont understand how to do this..its so complicated and confusing for me :'(
    01-29-14 05:16 AM
    thanks...but i already googled it and didnt understand what it means.. and whats the difference between that and snap.

i really dont understand how to do this..its so complicated and confusing for me :'(
    You need to install Sachesi on your pc
    Download the snap bar to your PC.
    Open Sachesi and plug phone into PC.
    Click Install tab in Sachesi.
    Drag snap bar file into window in Sachesi.
    01-29-14 05:29 AM
    Can someone please help me with the working apk of sygic? I downloaded from Snap, but it doesn't work
    Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140129_154040.png

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 06:05 AM
3,312 ... 6768697071 ...