Anyway to permanently delete the apps that you removed from the available list in Snap. If I delete them, I don't want them showing up again.
    No. They can't be deleted there because they can't be deleted or remove in Google Play. It's easier to just make a new Google account, if you don't want to see old unwanted stuff.
    01-22-14 02:49 PM
    Obviously. The point is its using the same name.

Posted via CB10
    That app has been around for ages, much longer than jamespaulmuir's app. CB did a write up on it.

For those wondering the functionality is totally different in any case, it's a camera app that takes photos when you make a sound (like snapping your fingers)

Posted via CB10
    sbmd likes this.
    01-22-14 03:27 PM
    Donated another $20. Come on version 2.0!

Posted via CB10
    SirJes and jamespaulmuir like this.
    01-23-14 06:25 PM
    I cannot find anywhere how to uninstall apps i don't like. I searched, but found no answer. I just deleted the icon from the list. Is that the correct way?
    01-23-14 10:10 PM
    I cannot find anywhere how to uninstall apps i don't like. I searched, but found no answer. I just deleted the icon from the list. Is that the correct way?
    Uninstall via the Device Monitor (in Settings, App Manager).

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    01-23-14 10:28 PM
    I had to take a small break from development on Snap in order to get my website together, but that is done now so back to Snap!

I finally have a proper website and Snap has a dedicated page with general info, FAQ, changelog, etc.
    Snap - Red Light Of Love, Ltd.

Thanks for the update and that's a very nice looking website, you definitely have a visual flair. Not always the case with app developers.
    jamespaulmuir likes this.
    01-24-14 12:40 AM
    I recently upgraded the OS of my Z30 in order that I could install the Snap app & hopefully install some of the apps that I cannot get from the BB store. Just wanted to say what a brilliant job jamespaulmuir has done developing this app. It installs seamlessly and just works. Marvellous. It feels like you're using a development of the BB store.

Before I installed it I read up on sideloading apps individually by searching out the BAR files etc etc. I tried installing a couple, but it was hit-or-miss whether they worked or not. Now that I've discovered the Snap app though, it really makes all that irrelevant as pretty much anything that you want to get will be available in the newly accessible Google Play store.

Thanks jamespaulmuir for a great job well done. Very talented guy.
    MLE724 and jamespaulmuir like this.
    01-24-14 04:38 AM
    hey guys, hopefully someone who has Snap installed can answer this (it may have already been answered, but i can't go through 66 pages of this thread to find the answer).

Once you install Snap, are you required to login to the app with a google ID or is that optional? As in, will the app still work and willl i be able to download apps from Google Play, without having to sign in with a Google ID?

Please advise... thanks!
    bold007 likes this.
    01-24-14 03:52 PM
    You need to be signed in with a Google id.
    qabb likes this.
    01-24-14 04:19 PM
    It seems like Snap now needs to step up a gear.

There was a part of me thinking that I hope that the dev doesn't put too much time and effort into this app because if BlackBerry has put so much effort into the Android runtime and the direct installation of APK's as part of 10.2.1, then they will have developed a solution to easily source Android apps, whether that be through BlackBerry World or directly through Google Play.

If the official Verizon .1925 is an intentional release and the feedback is accurate, then it will still be up to us to source our own APK's.

If this is the case, then Snap is critical to the success of the new runtime upgrade and the app has longevity.. and as such requires a little attention.

It is already an amazing app that facilitates the download and upgrade of free apps.. it just needs the tweak to allow the download of paid apps.

There will be the occasional app that will not function properly with BlackBerrys; but that will be to do with runtime or hardware compatibility and not the fault of Snap.. so that will need to be considered before people argue that paid apps fail... which will potentially happen.

I hope this feature is added soon, and I will be more than happy to donate more to the dev than I originally have.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 05:26 PM
    Great App, have been using it since the 1055 leak came out and now running the 1925 leak waiting for the official to roll out. Is there plan to push this application to BBW soon after 10.2.1 comes out officially? I've noticed that the app doesn't load some of the app icons correctly when viewing them in the store (doesn't effect when installing). Hopefully this app can get pushed to BBW because I find this app a lot more useful 1mobile and others. Anyways, just checking up on the app! Hope all is well!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 07:47 PM
    great work! my cousin is a big android fanboy and is really pissed that blackberry is now officialy the best and most complete OS out there

will snap be made available in the blackberry world?
    01-24-14 11:29 PM
    great work!

will snap be made available in the blackberry world?
    No, very unlikely, it's a competing Application World.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 01:10 AM
    Been having issues with snap downloads since yesterday. Was getting download errors after a few megabytes downloaded now ALL attempted downloads are stuck on preparing download. I'm on z10 on. 1925. Was working before this fine. I have logged out, logged back in, restarted the phone etc. Other downloads outwith the app are fine. Tried over Wifi and mobile network.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 03:47 AM
    Been having issues with snap downloads since yesterday. Was getting download errors after a few megabytes downloaded now ALL attempted downloads are stuck on preparing download. I'm on z10 on. 1925. Was working before this fine. I have logged out, logged back in, restarted the phone etc. Other downloads outwith the app are fine. Tried over Wifi and mobile network.

Posted via CB10
    Just tried now, still working for me. Did you try removing snap and resideloading it?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 04:08 AM
    Will need to try when back at PC. I'm away for weekend. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    PowderJockey likes this.
    01-25-14 10:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have to say it... did you check your permissions? Seems to be a recurring theme on this thread.
    nappp likes this.
    01-25-14 07:41 PM
    I'm running the official VZW version of 10.2.1.1925 and I downloaded the .bar file from the Snap website but I get an error message "Unable to open the file" when I try to launch it. Any suggestions?
    01-26-14 12:46 AM
    I'm running the official VZW version of 10.2.1.1925 and I downloaded the .bar file from the Snap website but I get an error message "Unable to open the file" when I try to launch it. Any suggestions?
    You need to side load the .Bar file
    01-26-14 01:01 AM
    I have to say it... did you check your permissions? Seems to be a recurring theme on this thread.
    Permissions are fine

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 03:01 AM
    Got it working again. Not exactly sure how. Deleted s load of apps, restarted, logged out and back. Now it is downloading. Wondering if one if the apps or even the amount of apps I had was causing the issue. Phone and card storage were fine.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 03:25 AM
    I have tried everything. I get stuck at the "Processing" stage.
    01-26-14 09:26 AM
    Same thing happening to me stuck at preparing download. Had installed audible from snap just a short while ago.

Edit.
    I signed in with another account and it's working again.
    Last edited by Felipe O; 01-26-14 at 12:59 PM.
    01-26-14 12:46 PM
    Could we be having an app limit issue like before with the accounts setup not showing on a previous os leak? Was that on. 1055?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 01:47 PM
    is snap not working? it keeps continuing to load.. but doesn't do anything it asks to re log in when i did said my password was wrong?

any ideas?
    01-26-14 02:25 PM
3,312 ... 6465666768 ...