Call my q10 blackdroid!

BB702
    01-13-14 12:20 AM
    Will snap be able to download apps obb files or apps that are bigger than 50MB in the future, cause if an app is above 50MB, it just downloads like 17MB or something, install what it's downloaded and it'll just force close :/

Posted From Z30/10.2.0.224
    01-14-14 01:09 PM
    Some of us also finding Snap not working.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...orking-893133/

Forever stalls at "Open Installer" after downloading app, no Apk file is to be found in Downloads folder or elsewhere on device, while other app store apps are working fine.

Tried log out and log in (after closing),and even deleted and downloaded/installrd Snap app, to no avail.

I'm on 1925 via Z10.

Looking forward to suggested fixes please.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 09:11 PM
    I've installed several 40+ mb apps no problem using snap

Starchart was 49mb

Posted via CB10, Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-14-14 09:22 PM

Forever stalls at "Open Installer" after downloading app, no Apk file is to be found in Downloads folder or elsewhere on device, while other app store apps are working fine.

Tried log out and log in (after closing),and even deleted and downloaded/installrd Snap app, to no avail.

I'm on 1925 via Z10.

Posted via CB10
    I am wondering something. After installing snap and downloading some apps no problem, at some point I mosied over to Google Play ON MY BLACKBERRY, just for kicks to see what A would do to B, and tried to install some apps from there, to no avail. I would get that "This app will be sent to your device soon" but I never received anything. Then, I cannot remember how or when exactly, but at some point ON MY PC when I went to Google Play, I found my blackberry listed along with my asus transformer in my devices for Google Play. Kind of excited, I went back to my blackberry and saw that it was listed among my devices in Google Play there too. But I was, I guess naturally, unable to still download any apps/apk's from there.

I don't know if there is any connection, but at some point, perhaps it was following upon this experience, I began encountering this issue with Snap not progressing beyond "Open Installer" etc.

I am wondering if, since Snap is somehow interacting with Google Play using my login, if these two experiences are somehow connected?

Anyone able to take a crack at this perhaps puzzle (please ?
    01-14-14 09:30 PM
    I am wondering something. After installing snap and downloading some apps no problem, at some point I mosied over to Google Play ON MY BLACKBERRY, just for kicks to see what A would do to B, and tried to install some apps from there, to no avail. I would get that "This app will be sent to your device soon" but I never received anything. Then, I cannot remember how or when exactly, but at some point ON MY PC when I went to Google Play, I found my blackberry listed along with my asus transformer in my devices for Google Play. Kind of excited, I went back to my blackberry and saw that it was listed among my devices in Google Play there too. But I was, I guess naturally, unable to still download any apps/apk's from there.

I don't know if there is any connection, but at some point, perhaps it was following upon this experience, I began encountering this issue with Snap not progressing beyond "Open Installer" etc.

I am wondering if, since Snap is somehow interacting with Google Play using my login, if these two experiences are somehow connected?

Anyone able to take a crack at this perhaps puzzle (please ?
    In Snap click Available under My Apps and the apps you installed via Google Play will be there. You will need to download and install them manually.
    01-15-14 01:30 AM
    Hi!!

I install SNAP but won't work, says the password in not correct (but it is).

For what I read the problem could be the second password from gmail, but i don't have a second password

Do you have any idea of what could be the problem??

Thanks
    01-15-14 02:21 PM
    Hey guys! After installing an app, can I delete the file that was downloaded?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 04:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    The apk? Yes.

01-15-14 05:30 PM
    The apk? Yes.

Cool. Thanks. I can clear up some space.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 06:14 PM
    So has anyone been able to install a paid app yet? I bought an app on my pc to try. It shows up in snap but it wont download/install
    01-15-14 06:26 PM
    So has anyone been able to install a paid app yet? I bought an app on my pc to try. It shows up in snap but it wont download/install
    Feature is still in the works
    Dev just tested it couple of days back

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 06:41 PM
    OK cool. If this works that will be incredible!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 08:08 PM
    In Snap click Available under My Apps and the apps you installed via Google Play will be there. You will need to download and install them manually.
    Thanks, but of course I went there and there is no difference -- shows download, stalls forever at "Open Installer,".....

I really hope the developer of Snap is reading this. Hopefully a fix is in the works, please?
    01-15-14 10:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I've asked the same question. After it's installed you can delete or even move from phone to computer or cloud. Doesn't hurt anything

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 10:10 PM
    Thanks, but of course I went there and there is no difference -- shows download, stalls forever at "Open Installer,".....

I really hope the developer of Snap is reading this. Hopefully a fix is in the works, please?
    Have you checked your permissions? What you're experiencing is a common symptom of not allowing the app read/write access to your files.
    01-15-14 10:24 PM
    BINGO. Thank you, that was the issue! Now working

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 11:27 PM
    Ups to the OP and the dev for the thread.. please let us know once you have fixed it...on behalf of us all in the forums thanks for what you are doing for us all

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 01:39 AM
    Ups to the OP and the dev for the thread.. please let us know once you have fixed it...on behalf of us all in the forums thanks for what you are doing for us all

Posted via CB10
    Fixed what? All the current features of Snap work perfectly
    01-16-14 02:01 AM
    Upgraded to 10.2.1.1925 yesterday and side loaded snap. I'm impressed!

Got all the apps I would ever want now, Netflix, Shazam, WD MyCloud etc and the best part is they're working just fine. I of course do prefer BlackBerry native apps as they look so much cleaner and updated but until that day comes were devs realize how awesome BB10 is, Android apps through SNAP will be just fine.

Kudos to the dev!

Posted via CB10
    CheckWriter likes this.
    01-16-14 10:13 AM
    Hi!!

I install SNAP but won't work, says the password in not correct (but it is).

For what I read the problem could be the second password from gmail, but i don't have a second password

Do you have any idea of what could be the problem??

Thanks
    You must have the Google 2-step verification enabled....
    Log into your Gmail account on your PC, going into the settings...under the "Accounts" tab, look for "Change Account settings", then click on "Other Google Account settings". It will launch a new window, then click on the 'Security" tab. Under 'password", click on "settings" next to [App Password]. It will prompt you for your primary Google password, then take you to a screen to generate a special password for apps. Type the password it generates into the snap app on your phone. This should resolve your problem.

Hope that helps.
    drrobert_Taco likes this.
    01-16-14 01:55 PM
    You don't NEED to have two-step authentication turned on- just if you do, THEN you need to create the application-specific pw... :-)
    Omnitech likes this.
    01-16-14 02:13 PM

I'm on 1925 via Z10.

Posted via CB10

I thought everybody would have learned by now
    THAT SNAP REQUIRES ALL PERMISSIONS IT ASKS FOR TO WORK CORRECTLY
    01-16-14 03:01 PM
    You don't NEED to have two-step authentication turned on- just if you do, THEN you need to create the application-specific pw... :-)
    That's what I meant, that he must already have it on. I have it on, and had to go through the process as well.
    01-16-14 03:16 PM
    oops, my bad- I misunderstood your post :-)
    01-17-14 08:56 AM
3,312 ... 6162636465 ...