I have 10.2.1.1925 after sideloading via Chrome what can I be doing wrong the snap app opens but continues to say "unable to login, check your e-mail and password". I've uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled but still nothing. Any advice. I've installed the amazon appstore with no problem OTA
    Just delete login info and enter it again, It should work!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 10:00 PM
    droid store is another one you can try
    01-10-14 10:27 PM
    droid store is another one you can try
    The developer has discontinued it, and It no longer works.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    01-10-14 10:58 PM
    - are Apk files downloading properly on to the Device in the downloads folder?
    - you've rebooted?
    - in Snap settings, logged out and back in?
    - delete the Snap app, reboot and side loading it again?

Without seeing your phone, I'm wouldn't know what else.

Posted via CB10
    I have same problem here. Very frustrating. I installed latest leak on Q10 and Z10, sideloaded Snap 1.9.6 bar on both device. It works perfectly on Z10, but not on Q10. On the surface "Open Installer" does not response. But I can not find any .apk file on Q10. So I suspect Snap does not download anything, although it looks like it downloaded successfully.
    01-11-14 11:53 AM
    Works great!!! Thanks so much!!
    01-11-14 01:42 PM
    I have 10.2.1.1925 after sideloading via Chrome what can I be doing wrong the snap app opens but continues to say "unable to login, check your e-mail and password". I've uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled but still nothing. Any advice. I've installed the amazon appstore with no problem OTA
    Do you have two-step authentication turned on, on your Google account that you're trying to sign in with? If so, you need to set an application specific password in your Google account
    01-11-14 02:59 PM
    I downloaded one from them links i was given, but it ended up in that! Fairley new to this so to be honest i dont have a clue what im doing haha, need a step by step guide to be honest:P

sorry for being such a pain
    This is an easy step-by step guide: How to install a leaked OS on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    01-11-14 03:09 PM
    I have same problem here. Very frustrating. I installed latest leak on Q10 and Z10, sideloaded Snap 1.9.6 bar on both device. It works perfectly on Z10, but not on Q10. On the surface "Open Installer" does not response. But I can not find any .apk file on Q10. So I suspect Snap does not download anything, although it looks like it downloaded successfully.
    Problem solved. I changed the permission setting to Snap. Now Apk file is saved on device/download and "Open Installer" works perfectly. Thank you, the developer!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 06:42 PM
    A beautiful native app!
    Feels very homely on Z10
    Worked well and helped me download directly through Google Play Store as is its intended purpose!
    Looking forward to more advances in this app!
    I would love to see Parental Controls as is in the BlackBerry World / Android Play Store. Next, I would love to see searching via keyword in a particular category.
    So far the experience has been clean and not a bug that I have come across!
    This app would be a hit when it hits the BlackBerry World - the current latest bar posted by OP.
    Good luck.
    Thanks
    01-12-14 02:34 AM
    Hello,
    I am sorry, I have read the thread from the first to the 36th page and from the end to the 56th, but I haven't find my answer.
    I have successfully sideloaded snap (thank you very much for this great app!!!) and got an ID (such us recommended in the first post).

1./ I wanted to get sure, but I've read later the the ID is not usefull anymore, isn't it? Or is there still a use that can be made of this ID? (since it is still in the first post)

2./ I have also read about the possibility to change countries and other settings, but the only setting I can access is my email... How exactly can we change settings?

3./ I am in France and going to move to Brazil and I would like to know how I can access the most recommend store for my locations?

4./ I have installed Google Maps throught Snap and it offers the option to connect. When I try to do so, a windows ask if I want to add an account and when I click on it, it simply closes... Any idea of what can be done?

Thanks a lot for all the work you're doing here! Thanks to you, Blackberry is really gettint to be the better alternative and I hope all this become offial soon!!!!
    01-12-14 11:27 AM
    I just downloaded and installed a paid app using Snap!

The app is one that I previously purchased using the Google Play website (so no this will not allow you to get apps that you haven't purchased).

More details coming soon!
    01-12-14 12:35 PM
    Does anyone know that if you download Snap chat through this, is the camera orientation right? As if you just side load it then the camera orientation is wrong and its sideways!

Thankyou!
    01-12-14 01:56 PM

The app is one that I previously purchased using the Google Play website (so no this will not allow you to get apps that you haven't purchased).

Amazing! An update with this will be a game changer. Keep it up!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 CB10
    01-12-14 01:58 PM

And I suppose it is possible in some way to buy apps from Google Play from the website or through a PC Android emulator?

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    01-12-14 02:47 PM
    And I suppose it is possible in some way to buy apps from Google Play from the website or through a PC Android emulator?

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    Yes you can easily purchase through a PC on Google Play. Select your BB ( if set up with SNAP) and it will "send" the apk to your device. When SNAP is able too, it will then download and install.
    01-12-14 02:55 PM
    Wow been waiting to hear that update

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-12-14 03:00 PM
    Does anyone know that if you download Snap chat through this, is the camera orientation right? As if you just side load it then the camera orientation is wrong and its sideways!

Thankyou!
    If it is an Android app you should be able to download it with Snap, whether or not it works correctly on your BB device has nothing to do with Snap. Search the rest of Crackberry and you should be able to find out if the app you are inquiring about works properly.
    01-12-14 03:53 PM
    Also as android compatibility grows I am also wondering if/when we will reach the point where the android version is better than the native one? Maybe we have examples already? There are still many apps that are available on both e.g. facebook but I'd bet the Android version is getting more developer attention.
    So far the only app I use where the Android one is noticeably better than native is Waze, though I must confess I have not actively gone out to compare. I believe the case with Waze is exactly what you suggest : developers spending more effort , for whatever reason, on the Android version than native.

On the other hand I have seen enough new, quality apps from sources that I did not expect to see, to make me suspect the general feeling that BlackBerry devs are a dying is simply not true.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 05:07 PM
    Yes you can easily purchase through a PC on Google Play. Select your BB ( if set up with SNAP) and it will "send" the apk to your device. When SNAP is able too, it will then download and install.
    You could probably do this through the BB10 browser also..

It would be great when the day comes that paid apps can verify the license to Google play.
    I foresee a potential problem if we purchase the app and once installed on the BlackBerry, the app says the license is not valid because it uses Google Services which isn't part of our Android runtime.
    Maybe SNAP will be the catalyst that gets Google's attention.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 CB10
    01-12-14 05:27 PM
    So far the only app I use where the Android one is noticeably better than native is Waze, though I must confess I have not actively gone out to compare. I believe the case with Waze is exactly what you suggest : developers spending more effort , for whatever reason, on the Android version than native

Posted via CB10
    There's no native Waze, it's an android port

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 05:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, in that case I don't feel so bad that the port is not as good as the Android version. No point maintaining a port if the original works.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 06:18 PM
    @ jamespaulmuir

snap is sweet. I recently came back to blackberry because now i can get the apps. Thanks for helping making it easier to install apps.

i still run into the "Preparing to download" and freeze problem. I know you posted a solution on the front page involving GSF ID, but to an average joe like me, i can't figure that out. Was wondering if there is another way around it. I'm not sure what happened. but now, it seems like every app i search for, it hangs on "preparing to download".

I think what happened was... I install an app that is snap can't not find because I'm in Hong kong. when i go to my apps --> installed --> capital one app a "not found in google play" next to it. ever since then, everything app i search and try to download is giving me the "preparing to download" problem.

because i'm in hong kong, capital one does not show up in google play search, i had to open a self sent link

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ndroid-892284/
    Last edited by bpgc; 01-12-14 at 07:26 PM.
    01-12-14 07:15 PM
    @ jamespaulmuir

snap is sweet. I recently came back to blackberry because now i can get the apps. Thanks for helping making it easier to install apps.

i still run into the "Preparing to download" and freeze problem. I know you posted a solution on the front page involving GSF ID, but to an average joe like me, i can't figure that out. Was wondering if there is another way around it. I'm not sure what happened. but now, it seems like every app i search for, it hangs on "preparing to download".

I think what happened was... I install an app that is snap can't not find because I'm in Hong kong. when i go to my apps --> installed --> capital one app a "not found in google play" next to it. ever since then, everything app i search and try to download is giving me the "preparing to download" problem.

because i'm in hong kong, capital one does not show up in google play search, i had to open a self sent link

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ndroid-892284/

Have you tried to sign out and then back into SNAP?? That seemed to clear things up before.
    01-12-14 07:33 PM
    Have you tried to sign out and then back into SNAP?? That seemed to clear things up before.
    yeah tried that. didn't work.
    01-12-14 09:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's true. However the version in BlackBerry World is EXTREMELY outdated. The latest android version is a far better experience. Unfortunately there are quite a few ports for which that is the case. I'm glad they were ported, but then for some reason they have been forgotten about. Updates never ported. All the latest versions are available via snap!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 10:37 PM
3,312 ... 6061626364 ...