Fair enough.

Then I hope OP (james) will submit this to Blackberry AppWorld soon.
    Technically 10.2.1 isn't released yet. This app would be useless to people lol

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-31-13 12:00 PM
    Fair enough.

Then I hope OP (james) will submit this to Blackberry AppWorld soon.
    As much as I'd like to see it on BB World, I highly doubt it will ever be admitted into BB World. So don't hope on that. If I were you, I would learn to sideload.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    12-31-13 12:32 PM
    90% times I get this error. Any idea what is the issue and solution?
    Attachment 232238

Posted via CB10
    Uninstall it the reinstall. After installation do a Master Reset.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-31-13 02:18 PM
    I cannot download the app. The link does not work

Posted via My awesome Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    12-31-13 02:23 PM
    can someone plz send me a link for the Snap store? the one posted is not working...
    12-31-13 02:36 PM
    I cannot download the app. The link does not work

Posted via My awesome Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    It just worked for me...can even download from the Z30.

What are you downloading with?

Z30, 10.2.1.1925
    12-31-13 04:24 PM
    Which is the new version?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 06:32 PM
    It just worked for me...can even download from the Z30.

What are you downloading with?

Z30, 10.2.1.1925
    Am trying to download it to my laptop and then sideload it. The link isn't opening

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 06:22 AM
    I think that the "buying" and "installing already payed apps" are conducted in different ways.
    IMHO, your right to install paid app is determined by checking your ID against the Google database. However I have no idea how it's done, and if Snap has the ability to communicate with the GooglePlay in such level.

The purchasing of apps is different story, I doubt very much that Snap will be allowed to access GoggleWallet payment system, especially taking in account that BB android VM lacking the certified Google Services system.

Not to mention - the level of trust required, and the liability involved, to allow software to do financial transactions on your behalf is very high.

As much as I generally trust James, I'm not sure he's in a position to do all the things I would expect of a product that conducts actual financial transactions using customer's confidential financial info.

Whereas simply logging into your Google account and downloading previously purchased software is a very different kind of transaction. Much simpler, and much less at stake.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-01-14 08:24 AM
    Not to mention there's chrome extensions available that can already acomplish the downloading of previously purchased paid apps, so we know it can be done, but none that I know of that allow you to make the purchase.

That said, one can always open the browser, make the purchase directly in the play store and then open snap to proceed with the download.

Just thinking out loud as I'm writing this now, but a thought occurs that the button with the price for a paid app in snap could be coded to invoke the browser within snap, at the google play address for that app, you could then process the transaction and then I'm not sure if it could automatically know when you were finished and return to snap and invoke the download or if you have to back out to the download screen yourself.. either way would be a huge advantaged, but if the latter it would probably be best to launch the browser in a separate window you'd just close after the transaction to avoid confusing people.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-01-14 11:17 AM
    Whenever I download a app and hit "open installer" it does nothing!?? Can someone please help or know of the same issue? This will improve my life hugely if I figured this out lol
    01-01-14 01:06 PM
    Whenever I download a app and hit "open installer" it does nothing!?? Can someone please help or know of the same issue? This will improve my life hugely if I figured this out lol
    What OS version are you running?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 01:08 PM
    Never mind. Lol caught it.
    01-01-14 01:14 PM
    Stock Verizon. Looked over it in the title. Last night was a lonnngggg one.
    01-01-14 01:16 PM
    Not to mention - the level of trust required, and the liability involved, to allow software to do financial transactions on your behalf is very high.

As much as I generally trust James, I'm not sure he's in a position to do all the things I would expect of a product that conducts actual financial transactions using customer's confidential financial info.

Whereas simply logging into your Google account and downloading previously purchased software is a very different kind of transaction. Much simpler, and much less at stake.
    If I'm not mistaken.....
    If you go to Google play on a PC and purchase an app then send it to your BB device, it. Shows up in your available apps within Snap. James just has to find a way to allow Snap to install the purchased app.

Correct me if wrong.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 02:05 PM
    It won't let me log in with my Google play account, keeps telling me to check email or password, but when I use the same info from my laptop I can log in fine. Does this app support that 2 step authentication? Maybe that's why I can't get in?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 11:44 PM
    It won't let me log in with my Google play account, keeps telling me to check email or password, but when I use the same info from my laptop I can log in fine. Does this app support that 2 step authentication? Maybe that's why I can't get in?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does. Create an app specific password in your Gmail for Snap

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 01:19 AM
    This is great, thanks, just logged in with my google ID and with a few exceptions (google, firefox) the apps are working great, never had to bother with a GSF ID I will donate.

Anybody know if there are any questions around security? I am not talking about buying apps through the store but more the apps download, e.g. is it safe to use an app such as 1password or a banking app? Just thinking out loud but there is always this fear when loading anything unofficial.

Thanks again.
    01-02-14 11:09 AM
    Yes it does. Create an app specific password in your Gmail for Snap

Posted via CB10
    Worked like a charm, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 11:15 AM
    This is great, thanks, just logged in with my google ID and with a few exceptions (google, firefox) the apps are working great, never had to bother with a GSF ID I will donate.

Anybody know if there are any questions around security? I am not talking about buying apps through the store but more the apps download, e.g. is it safe to use an app such as 1password or a banking app? Just thinking out loud but there is always this fear when loading anything unofficial.

Thanks again.
    These apps come directly from Google play, so they are as safe as they would be if you were downloading them officially on an Android device directly from Google.

Note however that I say as safe as, and not simply 'safe'. What I mean is there's no risk in snap or this process.. but as a whole google does not vet their apps or curate their app store, so malware can exist. Anything uploaded by your bank or any company you believe you can trust should be fine. But no name apps on Google play could potentially be unsafe in and of themselves if they were designed that way.

Small risk in my opinion.. even smaller due to the sandbox surrounding the android player on bb10, but something to be aware of none the less.

Posted via CB10
    neil74 likes this.
    01-02-14 11:21 AM
    Why did it take me so long to get this? Just loaded this up on my Z10 and it works wonders.
    01-02-14 12:56 PM
    ...but as a whole google does not vet their apps or curate their app store, so malware can exist. Anything uploaded by your bank or any company you believe you can trust should be fine. But no name apps on Google play could potentially be unsafe in and of themselves if they were designed that way.

Small risk in my opinion.. even smaller due to the sandbox surrounding the android player on bb10, but something to be aware of none the less.

And that is why I now run Avast antivirus as an active frame on my 10.2.1 device.

Same reason I always tell Android users to run an antivirus utility.
    01-02-14 01:18 PM
    Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial on how to load a leaked OS on a z30 with a mac!? Ive looked and can't find one anywhere.
    01-02-14 02:18 PM
    And that is why I now run Avast antivirus as an active frame on my 10.2.1 device.

Same reason I always tell Android users to run an antivirus utility.
    Not enough of a concern to do that for me personally. But it certainly won't hurt. The option is there for those that want it.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 02:19 PM
    Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial on how to load a leaked OS on a z30 with a mac!? Ive looked and can't find one anywhere.
    Use something called 'BootCamp'. I'm not a Mac user but I think it's a virtual machine to run a Windows environment on your Mac
    Maybe something in this thread can help...or ask there as well.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ks-mac-873892/
    01-02-14 02:29 PM
3,312 ... 5657585960 ...