Hopefully the option to autodelete the apk after installation is in the next version.

Posted via CB10
    saxxman likes this.
    12-29-13 12:38 PM
    Hopefully the option to autodelete the apk after installation is in the next version.

Posted via CB10
    I'm good with options, but not as a default behavior. With as often as I load leaks I'd hate to have to re download my apk's every time.

Posted via CB10
    ralphlauren27 likes this.
    12-29-13 01:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    I would rather prefer if SNAP has a SD Card as a default destination to safe APKs and decide myself what I'm going to do with it
    Graheem, Mecca EL and shaunj539 like this.
    12-29-13 02:51 PM
    Thanks for this. It works great. One thing is that I cant delete the list of apps I uninstalled. Not really a big issue

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 05:15 PM
    Thanks for this. It works great. One thing is that I cant delete the list of apps I uninstalled. Not really a big issue

That appears to be a Google Play thing. In general, Google doesn't like to delete any data it has on you once it has it.
    SteelGreek and Mecca EL like this.
    12-30-13 05:05 AM
    imma try this... droid v2 doesnt work...its darn slow with v10.2.1.1925
    12-30-13 06:29 AM
    That appears to be a Google Play thing. In general, Google doesn't like to delete any data it has on you once it has it.
    You are so right about the greedy Google's hand holding any piece of information.
    However, I noticed some interesting developments lately.
    1) I do not know if any other users have the same, but in my case, if I go to the GooglePlay on my computer and look at "My Orders" menu, I see only the list of the payed apps what I have purchased in the run of these years. No more multi-page list of all that free apps which I have ever downloaded and tried before.
    2) On my Android phone, if I go to the GooglePlay and look at "My Apps - All", I can still scroll for hours through all these free apps which had been ever downloaded using my Google ID.
    3) Concerning the SNAP on my Z30. I'm signed with the same Google ID as on my Android. If I go to My Apps - Available, I get just funny, small (about 20 in total) random list of free AND purchased apps. Some of them are very recent downloads, the others are from the ages ago.
    So I do not see the pattern how SNAP is fetching the list of the available apps.
    dragon77 likes this.
    12-30-13 06:42 AM
    You rock ! Thanks a lot !!
    12-30-13 09:32 AM
    I side-loaded the snap app on my z10 with the 10.2.1.537 leak and it installed the apps I needed and it worked like a charm and my hats off to the chef of this great app.

Stupid question because I am new to the leak crowd, where are the apk files stored after the app is installed on the device and is there a way to delete them once the app has been installed on the device? Just curious.
    Last edited by bakron1; 12-30-13 at 03:02 PM.
    12-30-13 10:26 AM
    You are so right about the greedy Google's hand holding any piece of information.
    However, I noticed some interesting developments lately.
    1) I do not know if any other users have the same, but in my case, if I go to the GooglePlay on my computer and look at "My Orders" menu, I see only the list of the payed apps what I have purchased in the run of these years. No more multi-page list of all that free apps which I have ever downloaded and tried before.
    2) On my Android phone, if I go to the GooglePlay and look at "My Apps - All", I can still scroll for hours through all these free apps which had been ever downloaded using my Google ID.
    3) Concerning the SNAP on my Z30. I'm signed with the same Google ID as on my Android. If I go to My Apps - Available, I get just funny, small (about 20 in total) random list of free AND purchased apps. Some of them are very recent downloads, the others are from the ages ago.
    So I do not see the pattern how SNAP is fetching the list of the available apps.

I found a bug that is causing Snap to only show 20.

Quick question: What order do the apps show up on your Android phone? Are the first 20 the same as the first 20 of Snap?
    12-30-13 11:48 AM

Quick question: What order do the apps show up on your Android phone? Are the first 20 the same as the first 20 of Snap?
    Ya I was confused with this too and I'm experiencing the same issue

I'm sure it will get ironed out with future releases
    12-30-13 12:02 PM

There is NO order in how the apps are showing on my Android phone, it's just a random list of the downloaded apps. And if there is any logic in this list, it's only known by Google.
    That's one thing what always drove me crazy when I try to find early purchased app and install it: there is no any "sorting" option in GooglePlay:.....you can not sort by name, can not sort by date or size, or price.

And 20 apps , which are showing in SNAP are NOT the same what are coming up first on my Android and do not follow the order in GooglePlay.
    Last edited by ralphlauren27; 12-30-13 at 01:11 PM.
    12-30-13 12:41 PM
    James,

This app is incredible! On 10.2.1.1925, I've noticed the app seems crash quite frequently. I haven't been able to pin down exactly what's causing it yet. Not a big deal to me, but it is a little annoying. I was also curious if you have made any progress on paid apps. I've bought Kingdon Rush Frontiers and I would love to try downloading it via Snap. So far, installing the APK only doesn't work. I'm guessing this is one of the apps that requires another download along with the APK file. It still may not work, but I'd like to try it.
    12-30-13 02:20 PM
    Well, I have a Z10 with 10.2.0.424 software, I live in Venezuela and I haven't done anything less than a couple sideload failures with Instagram, Snapchat and also the 1Mobile app store (which worked, but I couldn't download or install anything from it.) Anyway I just got my phone 3 days ago and I'm like really really new at this kind of software stuff and terms. So, I downloaded Snap, it worked all fine, started downloading Instagram, it eventually ended, and when i tapped the button ''Open Installer'', nothing happened, and that happens with every other app I try to install.

I really hope you guys can help me a little, sorry if my English is not that good, I'm doing my best. I'd really appreciate every way you could help me. Have a happy new year all of you, btw!
    12-30-13 09:59 PM
    Well, I have a Z10 with 10.2.0.424 software, I live in Venezuela and I haven't done anything less than a couple sideload failures with Instagram, Snapchat and also the 1Mobile app store (which worked, but I couldn't download or install anything from it.) Anyway I just got my phone 3 days ago and I'm like really really new at this kind of software stuff and terms. So, I downloaded Snap, it worked all fine, started downloading Instagram, it eventually ended, and when i tapped the button ''Open Installer'', nothing happened, and that happens with every other app I try to install.

I really hope you guys can help me a little, sorry if my English is not that good, I'm doing my best. I'd really appreciate every way you could help me. Have a happy new year all of you, btw!
    I believe you need 10.2.1.xxxx as a minimum.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 10:04 PM
    I believe you need 10.2.1.xxxx as a minimum.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for answering, I thought about that too, I guess I'll have to wait for BlackBerry to release the update.

Here's a picture of what's going on:

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_00000031.png

Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 10:53 PM
    Firstly, I love snap!

I will however second the recent request for paid app support. Not sure how this works but if I'm able to view my personal app library (thanks for adding that feature), and if I have my own gsf id, what's the impediment to installing apps I've bought on my android tablet? Not complaining, just not sure how paid app installs work. There are a few things I've bought that I'd love to have on my Z10.

Thanks again to the developer- despite my feature request, if this is as far as Snap ever goes it's already been a fantastic app.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 11:04 PM
    I think issue is with payment processing and security to buy or install paid. I think if you can install paid apps we will also be able to buy apps, could be wrong. I'm either way donating to the developer as we all should, never donated before today

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 03:08 AM
    I think issue is with payment processing and security to buy or install paid. I think if you can install paid apps we will also be able to buy apps, could be wrong. I'm either way donating to the developer as we all should, never donated before today

Posted via CB10
    I think that the "buying" and "installing already payed apps" are conducted in different ways.
    IMHO, your right to install paid app is determined by checking your ID against the Google database. However I have no idea how it's done, and if Snap has the ability to communicate with the GooglePlay in such level.

The purchasing of apps is different story, I doubt very much that Snap will be allowed to access GoggleWallet payment system, especially taking in account that BB android VM lacking the certified Google Services system.

It's just an observation of what I see on my android when I buy and download the apps from Google Play.

Happy to be proven wrong by more technically endowed people:-)
    12-31-13 07:27 AM
    Hey James, any update in the works?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 07:51 AM
    excelent app ! Thanks
    12-31-13 07:59 AM
    Can you make an apk version? For 10.2.1 users, it's more easier to install apk file than bar files.
    12-31-13 10:08 AM
    I think that the "buying" and "installing already payed apps" are conducted in different ways.
    IMHO, your right to install paid app is determined by checking your ID against the Google database. However I have no idea how it's done, and if Snap has the ability to communicate with the GooglePlay in such level.

The purchasing of apps is different story, I doubt very much that Snap will be allowed to access GoggleWallet payment system, especially taking in account that BB android VM lacking the certified Google Services system.

It's just an observation of what I see on my android when I buy and download the apps from Google Play.

Happy to be proven wrong by more technically endowed people:-)
    I really didn't think about the payment part of it. My thought was that if you have bought an app through Google Play, you should be able to download it, as you have already paid for it. Since you are logged into your Google account, what is there to verify? Now, to actually purchase them might be a different animal, but again, you are already logged in to your Google account. I don't have much insight on how it works anyway, but that's my thought.

I can download my paid app using the Chrome extension "APK Downloader" and I can even install Kingdom Rush Frontiers, but it doesn't download the OBB files, which is why I think it doesn't work. I tried manually copying them, but that didn't seem to work either. It's really too bad Ironhide or Armor Games won't convert it to native BB anyway.
    12-31-13 10:31 AM
    Can you make an apk version? For 10.2.1 users, it's more easier to install apk file than bar files.
    The app is a native BlackBerry App. It can't be an apk because of that. Quite frankly I prefer the native functionality I get using the app then the slight convenience having it as an apk would have. I am dead against having this as an apk.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 11:22 AM
    Fair enough.

Then I hope OP (james) will submit this to Blackberry AppWorld soon.

The app is a native BlackBerry App. It can't be an apk because of that. Quite frankly I prefer the native functionality I get using the app then the slight convenience having it as an apk would have. I am dead against having this as an apk.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by yeek; 12-31-13 at 11:56 AM.
    12-31-13 11:41 AM
3,312 ... 5556575859 ...