Guys, which page is the official link for the most recent update I'd like to side load this. Is the OP the new update?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:12 PM
    Thanks for this.
    12-17-13 05:26 PM
    The Hub itself has/is getting settings to disable apps you do not want to show up

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Where is these settings please?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:26 PM
    Guys, which page is the official link for the most recent update I'd like to side load this. Is the OP the new update?
    Yes, the OP has a link to the latest version.
    jamespaulmuir likes this.
    12-17-13 05:34 PM
    Yes, the OP has a link to the latest version.
    Thx floppy, dl tonight after the kids go down

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:41 PM
    In these post Snowden days, the question should be why aren't people asking why.

With that said, I trust there's an innocent answer to the question but I too would like to see this as an option in the next release.

I'm always un checking that stuff!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    I don't understand why everyone these days thinks that everything is a conspiracy. You have a guy here that is building a great app and you suspect him if collecting IP addresses... ?

Posted via CB10

I'm not on some conspiracy trip, I just want to know why? And like I said, I read the privacy policy. I didn't just start asking random questions lol.. the app doesn't prompt for location data (gps) -edit: yes it does-, but the privacy policy says he is collecting it (specifically says it not collecting precise info, so is assume the imprecise location data comes from collecting ip addresses, and more)

And yea, in asking because I'm looking for a simple answer. I don't think the dev is out to get us lol.. I just want to know what's up with that

"In addition, the Application may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, and information about the way you use the Application."
    "if James Paul Muir is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information."
    "if James Paul Muir is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information."
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 12-17-13 at 06:30 PM.
    12-17-13 05:51 PM
    Here's what happened to me. The first time I installled it, before having read through all the comments, I failed to give the application all the necessary permissions. Suspecting that may be why the applications weren't installing (at all) after successfully downloading, tried to find options that would allow me to give permissions, but alas there wasn't a lot of backend options. Subsequently I tried uninstalling (both via DBBP and on the phone) but when I reinstalled, it no longer asked for permissions. Any thoughts appreciated. Cheers, Doug.
    12-17-13 06:21 PM
    Updated. working perfectly..thank you.! Nice logo too!

Posted Via CB10! Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055!
    12-17-13 06:35 PM
    Hello

I found out that in Available it only show like the 15% of all my Google play apps, you know why?

Posted via CB10
    Same question.,, Anyone?
    12-17-13 07:17 PM
    Hi everyone and specially to the developer

Can anyone explain how to install Snap in our phones in Spanish ??

Because there are a lot of People that what to install it and dont know how.

Or any video explaining it please...

Thanks a lot!

Posted via CB10
    Hey Elias Sebastian.

Para comenzar, debes tener instalada la version 10.2.1.1055 en tu celular. Una vez tengas eso, debes descargar desde Chrome un complemento llamado Blackberry que lo puedes encontrar en google play store desde el navegador.

Aqui es indispensable si en el pasado has hecho "sideloading" si es asi, es pan comido y solo tendrias que descagar snap en version .bar e instalarla en el celular via este complemento.
    Si no lo has hecho, hasmelo saber y te indicare como.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-17-13 08:14 PM
    This app is awesome, real bb10 feel to it.

I noticed one thing today, dunno if it has anything to do with this app but all of a sudden I have apps in my avail list and on GP that i never downloaded or ever would, like 10 of them lol

Attachment 231065
    Attachment 231066

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.2.1.1055)
    Last edited by Robbenezer; 12-18-13 at 12:13 AM.
    12-17-13 08:15 PM
    I am finding that the updates tab lists my apps even though they are the same version number.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 09:19 PM
    Ooooh okay so to anyone having any issues with logging in or with the items being stuck at "Preparing Download";
    1. Simply FULLY delete the app (Hover over and press trash icon, then reboot (NOT BATTERY PULL OR FORCE OFF) device for the app to be properly removed)
    2. Put your phone back in development mode and sideload the latest .bar (possibly even the same one you had just updated to)
    3. Voila!

Keep up the great work man!
    12-17-13 09:48 PM
    Reboot fixed the list issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 10:07 PM
    I've tried a few different sideloading apps but this is the best thing EVER!
    Mecca EL and jamespaulmuir like this.
    12-17-13 11:20 PM
    [B]
    I'm not on some conspiracy trip, I just want to know why? And like I said, I read the privacy policy. I didn't just start asking random questions lol.. the app doesn't prompt for location data (gps) -edit: yes it does-, but the privacy policy says he is collecting it (specifically says it not collecting precise info, so is assume the imprecise location data comes from collecting ip addresses, and more)

And yea, in asking because I'm looking for a simple answer. I don't think the dev is out to get us lol.. I just want to know what's up with that

"In addition, the Application may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, and information about the way you use the Application."
    Short story: I found the privacy policy on the internet and filled in the blanks...

Long story: The app has analytics (flurry SDK) and those clauses in the privacy policy are basically for the analytics. I wanted the analytics so I could track which versions of Snap are out there in the wild. The analytics data is completely anonymized and IP address are collected (NOT STORED or visible to me!) and are only used to calculate which Country you are in (nothing more granular than country).

This is a free app and free service that I've put a ton of hard work into and analytics are a normal part of app and development in order to improve service. Feel free to uninstall if you disagree, although I'd hate to see you go, hopefully this explanation eases your mind.

It's ironic that you stated that you'd like to connect only to Google Play, since they are the ones that actually do sell your collected data
    FF22, Mecca EL, Omnitech and 11 others like this.
    12-17-13 11:56 PM
    Here's what happened to me. The first time I installled it, before having read through all the comments, I failed to give the application all the necessary permissions. Suspecting that may be why the applications weren't installing (at all) after successfully downloading, tried to find options that would allow me to give permissions, but alas there wasn't a lot of backend options. Subsequently I tried uninstalling (both via DBBP and on the phone) but when I reinstalled, it no longer asked for permissions. Any thoughts appreciated. Cheers, Doug.
    Have you sorted it out? Have you gone to Settings/Security&Privacy/App Permissions and scroll to fine Snap's permissions and see if you can change them there.

If that does not work you can find Ghost Commander in bbworld and it can delve a bit deeper and check to see if it really was UNinstalled/deleted.
    12-18-13 12:10 AM
    The analytics data is completely anonymized and IP address are collected (NOT STORED or visible to me!) and are only used to calculate which Country you are in (nothing more granular than country).
    Jeeee, you will find Switzerland in your statistics :-)

It's ironic that you stated that you'd like to connect only to Google Play, since they are the ones that actually do sell your collected data
    Very wisely said!
    12-18-13 01:53 AM
    When i click "Open Installer" nothing happened, any idea?
    12-18-13 02:02 AM

Almost all developers do this today, it's normal. The only response you could get still puts him at his word though. If you care that much hook up to wifi and capture a packet stream.
    12-18-13 02:12 AM
    it works perfectly but still some apps they dont work at all eg chrome and others. i do appreciate for the work and efforts. and am also sure we can do Better. Team Blackberry #
    12-18-13 02:27 AM

You know what's funny?

There are about 150,000 apps in BlackBerry World right now.

Of those, I'd throw a wild guess and speculate that at least 10,000 of them are capable of tracking/storing things like IP address if the developer decided to.

Now, anyone care to speculate how many of those (wild guess) 10,000 apps actually publish any privacy policy at all?

So here we have a guy who makes the effort to actually publish such a policy (something which you may be interested to know I asked about 3 days after this thread was created, on 11/18), and he gets raked over the coals for it?

From all indications I have seen - and the publishing of this privacy policy is just the latest - James Paul Muir is an upstanding, honest, skilled, responsive and considerate developer. These are the kind of developers I personally bend over backwards to purchase apps from because they do credit to the platform and the ecosystem.

Oh and of course you realize that ANY website/webserver you access ANYWHERE can track your IP, right? Including all the spammers that embed invisible images in email for precisely that purpose, not to mention the dozens of offsite trackers that websites like Crackberry (and most popular websites) use.

Luckily in this case James Paul Muir seems completely above-board and reputable, and for a person like myself who is usually a skeptic about security and privacy matters, he has satisified my personal concerns.
    AngusH, ital1, pmccartney and 3 others like this.
    12-18-13 02:55 AM
    Short story: I found the privacy policy on the internet and filled in the blanks...

Long story: The app has analytics (flurry SDK) and those clauses in the privacy policy are basically for the analytics. I wanted the analytics so I could track which versions of Snap are out there in the wild. The analytics data is completely anonymized and IP address are collected (NOT STORED or visible to me!) and are only used to calculate which Country you are in (nothing more granular than country).

Put some of those answers in your privacy policy (if they are not already), and you're golden.

Thanks for that.
    12-18-13 02:57 AM
    it works perfectly but still some apps they dont work at all eg chrome and others.

Apps like Chrome will likely never work on BB10 unless BlackBerry announces some major technical partnership with Google, because they are heavily tied-into proprietary closed-source Google frameworks that the BB10 Android VM does not support.

That has nothing to do with this installer tool.
    12-18-13 02:59 AM
    it works perfectly but still some apps they dont work at all eg chrome and others. i do appreciate for the work and efforts. and am also sure we can do Better. Team Blackberry #
    That isn't Snap's fault, it's the runtime. Hopefully the rumors are true, and when 10.2.1 officially comes out we would be able to run some of those apps.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    12-18-13 03:01 AM
3,312 ... 4849505152 ...