Johnpaulmuir:

1. I think your "future" list in the OP needs updating as many of those seem to be in the current beta release
    2. Should I uninstall 1.9.5.1 before installing 1.9.6? Would I lose any sync with my previous device ID if I do this?
    Olakunle Ojo likes this.
    12-16-13 07:10 PM
    Great update. I still think this should be featured on the CB10 main page again it deserves more exposure.
    Agreed, but with another update on the horizon I think It better to wait until paid app support and a few more of the to do list items are checked off before I suggest to the bloggers that they re-blog it, as they likely won't do it a 3rd time.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 07:20 PM
    Johnpaulmuir:

1. I think your "future" list in the OP needs updating as many of those seem to be in the current beta release
    2. Should I uninstall 1.9.5.1 before installing 1.9.6? Would I lose any sync with my previous device ID if I do this?
    I uninstalled the previous version and then installed from 1.9.6 from scratch. As the downloaded android apps are tied to your google account, you will see them right away after installation. So no issue here.
    Omnitech likes this.
    12-17-13 01:35 AM
    Hello

So I installed your Snap and put my user and password of my Google Play Store

I found out that in Available it only show like the 15% of all my Google play apps, you know why?

Also I was looking specifically for one... Its a paid one (that I already paid) but saw it's not in the available app and when I look for it in the store it find it but can not download.

Know why?

Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 02:39 AM
    you can't download paid apps with this version. This will hopefully be supported in an upcoming version of Snap.
    12-17-13 05:17 AM
    Johnpaulmuir:

Thanks I'll update the original post.
    No need to uninstall before installing the new versions (unless you are on 1.5 or lower)
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-17-13 08:41 AM
    Thanks I'll update the original post.
    No need to uninstall before installing the new versions (unless you are on 1.5 or lower)
    Will it be possible to implement a hub notification for when an update to either snap or an installed ask is available?

Posted via CB10
    just_luc likes this.
    12-17-13 12:01 PM
    Will it be possible to implement a hub notification for when an update to either snap or an installed ask is available?

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't like that personally. The hub is already cluttered and I really would prefer not having extra things in it.
    I like the way the app already informs me if an update.
    Again I'm speaking strictly for myself here

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-17-13 01:09 PM
    I wouldn't like that personally. The hub is already cluttered and I really would prefer not having extra things in it.
    I like the way the app already informs me if an update.
    Again I'm speaking strictly for myself here

Posted via CB10
    Best of both worlds, add it but put a little switch in the app settings for 'notify me of updates : on/off'

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech and Mecca EL like this.
    12-17-13 01:12 PM
    The Hub itself has/is getting settings to disable apps you do not want to show up
    ...little switch in the app settings for 'notify me of updates : on/off'...
    ...The hub is already cluttered and I really would prefer not having extra things in it...
    BlackBerry 10 signed.
    12-17-13 01:21 PM
    Cool. Thanks for posting.
    12-17-13 01:48 PM
    The Hub itself has/is getting settings to disable apps you do not want to show up

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    What he said. How often do you get app updates anyway? I get one like once a week, so I don't think it would add much clutter.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 02:21 PM
    How come u want to collect info on us now? So this app connects to both you and Google play? You're collecting ip addresses right? What else? What for? (obviously to serve update notifications.. but most apps that 'auto check' have an option to disable that. Some people don't want to call home.) you already get our ip address when we download the bar file.

Just trying to figure out why? This is why I liked bbos.. using permissions I could force the app to only be allowed to connect to Google play..

Great app, use it all the time.. but I gotta ask what's up
    12-17-13 02:26 PM
    How come u want to collect info on us now? So this app connects to both you and Google play? You're collecting ip addresses right? What else? What for? (obviously to serve update notifications.. but most apps that 'auto check' have an option to disable that. Some people don't want to call home.) you already get our ip address when we download the bar file.

Just trying to figure out why? This is why I liked bbos.. using permissions I could force the app to only be allowed to connect to Google play..

Wt* :s

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-17-13 02:45 PM
    Wt* :s

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Wt*? I'm referring to what's written in the privacy policy
    12-17-13 02:55 PM
    What he said. How often do you get app updates anyway? I get one like once a week, so I don't think it would add much clutter.

Posted via CB10
    Well personally I'm in the camp who would enable updates in the hub, so I don't call it clutter, BUT as far as for how many I get.. I do about 10 app updates a day in snap.. I have A LOT of apps installed LOL

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 03:07 PM
    installed the latest version today. every time i tried to log in it gives me an error "unable to login, check your user name and password" my inputs are right. any idea?
    12-17-13 03:33 PM

I don't understand why everyone these days thinks that everything is a conspiracy. You have a guy here that is building a great app and you suspect him if collecting IP addresses... ?

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-17-13 04:44 PM
    Any links to snap apk?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 04:46 PM
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 04:50 PM
    installed the latest version today. every time i tried to log in it gives me an error "unable to login, check your user name and password" my inputs are right. any idea?
    make sure you are installing 1.9.6 . I DLed the latest one also, but using DDPB, if you go by the listed apps, it installs 1.9.5. You have to manually add 1.9.6 to its app list then install it. once i did that, i used my gmail email addy, and password and it worked fine for me, also you will only have to enter your information once.
    12-17-13 04:50 PM
    Any links to snap apk?

Posted via CB10
    It's a native Cascades app. No way to make it an apk file as the app would then have to be coded for Android and lose its current interface

Posted via CB10
    James, could you add to the OP why this cannot be made into a apk? Oh and the app works great on the last update!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 04:51 PM
    I don't understand why everyone these days thinks that everything is a conspiracy. You have a guy here that is building a great app and you suspect him if collecting IP addresses... ?

Posted via CB10
    In these post Snowden days, the question should be why aren't people asking why.

With that said, I trust there's an innocent answer to the question but I too would like to see this as an option in the next release.

I'm always un checking that stuff!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    12-17-13 05:04 PM
    Hi everyone and specially to the developer

Can anyone explain how to install Snap in our phones in Spanish ??

Because there are a lot of People that what to install it and dont know how.

Or any video explaining it please...

Thanks a lot!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:11 PM
    James. Thanks for the update. Keep up the great work.

Don't be a Sheep. Think for Yourself. #iChooseBlackBerry10
    jamespaulmuir likes this.
    12-17-13 05:12 PM
3,312 ... 4748495051 ...