Wow guys, just looked at my server stats and added up about 17,000 downloads of Snap (which doesn't even account for Mega and other mirrors)!

Thanks so much for all your support in making Snap a success!

Bug fix release coming this weekend and 2.0 is just around the corner!
    12-13-13 04:34 PM
    Wow guys, just looked at my server stats and added up about 17,000 downloads of Snap (which doesn't even account for Mega and other mirrors)!

Awesome I can't wait!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 04:36 PM
    What is the advantage of using Snap vs using Google Play directly?
    I'm guessing maybe speed since it's a native app. Any thing else?

For me:

• No or very little advertising/promotional bloat/noise
    • Overall better visual style
    • Visibility and control over location of APKs
    • Customizability
    • Easily change Google credentials used
    • Doesn't require ridiculous permissions to run
    • A developer that responds quickly to BB10 user requests and needs
    • It's available now and works well
    12-13-13 06:52 PM
    Yep

I have a bug fix release coming soon that includes:
    • Infinite scrolling of Lists and Search results (yay more than 20 results!!)
    • Fix for small text in Recent Changes
    • General performance improvements on App page
    • Snap acts as invocation target for Google Play links (must long press and use "Open in")

*paid apps support will be in the 2.0 release and won't be available in this bug fix version

Fabulous.

My only suggestion: not a fan of "endless scrolling", I prefer paged scrolling.

Why? Because resource usage is less and unlike "endless scrolling" you can "keep your place" and return to going through results list if you can't do it all at one sitting.

Nowadays with BlackBerry World - and I don't know if this is a bug or intentional - I find that their "endless scrolling" is CONSTANTLY repeating entries in those lists, over and over and over again.

Very frustrating since it makes it nearly impossible sometimes to know whether you have actually seen all the list members, and is a huge waste of time.
    12-13-13 06:57 PM
    Something I'd like to throw out there for your consideration:

Uninstallation.

I have tried to engage on this in other threads but they never seem to go anywhere.

I want to be able to PROPERLY uninstall Android apps. Lots of evidence that many BB10 users who attempt to remove Android apps end up with fragments and detritus left all over their system. These are the methods I am aware of:

1. Hold icon and use trashcan to delete (Like native apps)
    2. On 10.2.x only, go into Device Manager / Storage Tab / hold down app entry and delete.
    3. Run native Android settings app (ie by using Ghost Commander) and use "Apps" subsection to uninstall.
    4. Use a tool like Sachesi to remove the BAR file (converted APKs)

Re: #1, this probably doesn't properly uninstall an Android app in most cases, esp for direct APK installs.
    Re: #2, this may be better than #1 but I haven't seen any document that claims this does a "full and proper" Android app uninstallation either.
    Re: #3, this would seem to be the proper way to do it, but many times I have tried this it doesn't appear to work. (Sometimes it does)
    Re: #4, this doesn't apply to directly installed APKs and probably not practical for most users anyway

In short - would it be a good idea to have some kind of uninstall function in Snap?
    Last edited by Omnitech; 12-15-13 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Minor typo
    12-13-13 07:07 PM
    Sorry for getting back this late!
    You're the only one having the problem.

How can we solve if we can't duplicate??

Delete the app and Re sideload.
    That's all I can suggest.
    I have tried reloading the bar file I don't know how many times. i will just wait for the new release maybe my download got corrupted somehow

Or reload the os

Posted via CB10
    This is not really an option as I have just completed my preliminary installation of all essential apps I need to work

for the moment I will stick to 1Mobile and my own apks and hopefully the new release will work for me or I really have to find a way to reinstall the whole os without having to reinstalling to much or better nothing
    12-13-13 07:08 PM
    Will it be possible to implement "update" hub notifications in the future???

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 07:10 PM
    I would love to see a proper (read: proven to work) uninstall method for Android apps. What I do now mostly is delete all app data through Ghost Commander first, followed by an uninstall (in GC or through the Chrome plugin).

As far as I know, the BB10 way Omni mentions (through device manager or pressing the 'X') does not even fully uninstall native apps: until you remove them from BBWorld's available list they still seem to have some leftovers on your device. Tried with some big apps, seems to leave just a small bit, maybe settings and such.

Back to Android apps though: do they even have a proper uninstall method on Android OS? In my experience with Android everything you install leaves traces you can't get rid of...
    In short - would it be a good idea to have some kind of uninstall function in Snap?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 12-13-13 at 09:28 PM.
    12-13-13 09:06 PM
    This will sound stupid, but has anyone seen what happens when you install Android BBM using snap on BB10? Does it work?

Posted via CB10
    pvphooman likes this.
    12-13-13 09:48 PM

Great news...Good Progress! Thanks a lot man...

Posted Via CB10! Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055!
    12-13-13 09:51 PM
    This will sound stupid, but has anyone seen what happens when you install Android BBM using snap on BB10? Does it work?

Posted via CB10
    It's blacklisted on the runtime, and won't run.

Posted via telegraph
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-14-13 03:32 AM
    It's blacklisted on the runtime, and won't run.

Interesting, because one of the screenshots in the initial post in the thread below suggests otherwise:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ual-os-881081/

(Edit: Never mind, that was WhatsApp running on both sides, not BBM. My mistake. )
    Last edited by Omnitech; 12-15-13 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Corrected wrong info
    12-14-13 04:54 AM
    I would like to second omni's suggestions for paged scrolling and uninstallation options.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 06:05 AM
    Really great work, all the applications i downloaded are working so far

But just wondering ..... what is the reason of including "Paid" applications if there is no way to purchase it ???
    12-15-13 03:31 AM
    Really great work, all the applications i downloaded are working so far

But just wondering ..... what is the reason of including "Paid" applications if there is no way to purchase it ???
    YET..

Posted via CB10
    jamespaulmuir and Mecca EL like this.
    12-15-13 07:34 AM
    Ok... your playing with my emotions!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 05:43 PM
    This may have been mentioned before but is there any chance shan will eventually get on BBW? Reason I ask is because on google play for example, one could still download samsung /amazon app stores. They dont seem too bothered with competition. Though I can understand that this is different.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    12-15-13 07:06 PM
    1.9.6.0 Bug fix release now available, but you should already know that because of the in-app update notification

Please let me know what you think about the new "unlimited scrolling" as there has been some concern about this feature. I'd like you all to give my implementation a spin and see how you like it.

Thanks!
    -jpm
    seletok, tryfe, Mecca EL and 5 others like this.
    12-16-13 12:37 AM
    1.9.6.0 Bug fix release now available, but you should already know that because of the in-app update notification

Please let me know what you think about the new "unlimited scrolling" as there has been some concern about this feature. I'd like you all to give my implementation a spin and see how you like it.

Thanks!
    -jpm
    Awesome! Loading it now
    12-16-13 12:47 AM
    Great, thanks JPM

I'll give it a try asap!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 12:47 AM
    I'm digging the unlimited scrolling feature, works well. Although when I first used it the app scrolled right down to the bottom of the new apps loaded so I had to scroll back up to find my place. Didn't occur again though.

Also liking the new icon! Great work.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 02:08 AM
    very nice additional feature in 1.9.6!! good job, well done mate for the feature to read from Google Play library associated with one's google account
    12-16-13 04:47 AM
    If i could thank him more i would have done that. You are a gem. Thanks a lot for this app. Its the second best app for bb10 os after crackberry.

I loved the new icon.
    Shading the android icon with a prompt and bold blackberry icon. Yes we get the message
    12-16-13 05:19 AM
    The unlimited scrolling is working good. New icon it is fine too.

Thanks for the update!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:03 AM
    Very nice update. Thank you! Can't wait for v2!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:53 AM
3,312 ... 4546474849 ...