Just started using Snap.. Great potential. At the moment, I download an app and then when I press the button to download installer I get @processing..... for ages and then " Installer has stalled. Cancel installation?" If I don't, it just keeps spinning....
    Scratch that. Was able to install the first app via the File manager after Snap downloaded it. Then I re-booted the phone, and the next App (Candy Crush - thought I'd try a hard one) installed fine. Works well, thanks OP!
    12-12-13 06:27 PM
    Just started using Snap.. Great potential. At the moment, I download an app and then when I press the button to download installer I get @processing..... for ages and then " Installer has stalled. Cancel installation?" If I don't, it just keeps spinning....
    Just hit cancel and it will continue.
    12-12-13 06:39 PM
    Scratch that. Was able to install the first app via the File manager after Snap downloaded it. Then I re-booted the phone, and the next App (Candy Crush - thought I'd try a hard one) installed fine. Works well, thanks OP!
    The latest version of snap seems to not proceed when you try to open installer after the apk's being downloaded. No biggie, can still install via file manager. The improvements like being able to see apk version and being able to see My Apps outweigh that glitch.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 10:56 PM
    Any ideas why I cannot find Instagram on snap anymore? I had it installed using snap 1.0 with my own gfid and now it can't find it to update it. Even when I search for it it's not there

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 11:34 PM
    Any ideas why I cannot find Instagram on snap anymore? I had it installed using snap 1.0 with my own gfid and now it can't find it to update it. Even when I search for it it's not there

Posted via CB10
    Do you have the latest Snap? Reboot? Delete Snap and reinstall? I got both instagram updates today from Snap.

Posted via telegraph
    12-13-13 04:25 AM
    I just downloaded to latest version 1.9.5.1 and I cannot intall any apps I can download them just fine. I cannot find them using the file explorer so I am out of options and would be grateful for any help

thanks
    12-13-13 05:53 AM
    I just downloaded to latest version 1.9.5.1 and I cannot intall any apps I can download them just fine. I cannot find them using the file explorer so I am out of options and would be grateful for any help

thanks
    it should give a run installer option where the download button was.
    Are you on 10.2.1??
    Mines set to store them in the device memory downloads folder.
    12-13-13 06:31 AM
    it should give a run installer option where the download button was.
    Are you on 10.2.1??
    Mines set to store them in the device memory downloads folder.
    Yes I am on 10.2.1 I can install apks just fine using the file manager but using the snap market I can't do anything. using 1Mobile is working as well. I can't make heads and tails why it isn't working
    12-13-13 06:55 AM
    Are the apk's saved in your device downloads folder??
    12-13-13 07:13 AM
    No it seams that they aren't even downloading correctly
    12-13-13 07:25 AM
    Is the developer still working on this app? I haven't seen him post in a while. I love this app and eagerly check this post every morning!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 07:26 AM
    Really amazing work done by the dev here guys please support him.

I will definitely give him a dollar for this download.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 07:34 AM
    Is the developer still working on this app? I haven't seen him post in a while. I love this app and eagerly check this post every morning!

Posted via CB10
    Yep

I have a bug fix release coming soon that includes:
    • Infinite scrolling of Lists and Search results (yay more than 20 results!!)
    • Fix for small text in Recent Changes
    • General performance improvements on App page
    • Snap acts as invocation target for Google Play links (must long press and use "Open in")

*paid apps support will be in the 2.0 release and won't be available in this bug fix version
    12-13-13 09:51 AM
    Yep

• Snap acts as invocation target for Google Play links (must long press and use "Open in")

*paid apps support will be in the 2.0 release and won't be available in this bug fix version
    You're the best. When paid apps can be downloaded, expect a decent PayPal donation
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-13-13 10:06 AM
    What is the advantage of using Snap vs using Google Play directly?
    I'm guessing maybe speed since it's a native app. Any thing else?

Will Snap be able to re-use local play services to have a lighter and safer code base?
    12-13-13 10:25 AM
    What is the advantage of using Snap vs using Google Play directly?
    I'm guessing maybe speed since it's a native app. Any thing else?

Will Snap be able to re-use local play services to have a lighter and safer code base?
    We can't use Google play directly yet.
    So the advantage wound be snap is easy to use, native, fast

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 10:28 AM
    Small suggestion...! every time I need to select top free. Bla bla..y u can follow the BlackBerry World style of showing or some other app stores...

Posted Via CB10! Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055!
    12-13-13 10:36 AM
    Yep

Excellent work James, very happy to hear about the recent changes text, and the upcoming paid app support.

I'd also like to suggest (and apologies if this has already been said)

- ability to enlarge screen shots.
    - ability to read reviews

And perhaps more involved, any way to save your list of installed app so you can reinstall them after an OS upgrade?

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    12-13-13 10:40 AM
    Yep

Sweet.... I was worried some men in black from Google paid you a vist!

Posted via CB10
    jamespaulmuir likes this.
    12-13-13 10:52 AM
    A new feature that should be built in is for the app to automatically select "Accept" when installing the apk.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 10:54 AM
    Sweet.... I was worried some men in black from Google paid you a vist!

Posted via CB10
    Maybe he has already been replaced by an Android ^^
    12-13-13 10:55 AM
    A new feature that should be built in is for the app to automatically select "Accept" when installing the apk.

Posted via CB10
    What to the app permissions you mean? Uh no thanks. Definitely need to be able to see what permissions the app is requesting and decide whether to proceed with instalation or not.

Not that I think that would be possible anyway. The app just invokes the installer. It's not part of or controlled by the app.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 11:19 AM

thanks
    So I guess there is no answer for my problem and I am stuck with 1Mobile? wouldn't be grate to say at least because the app choice on 1Mobile is not really great
    12-13-13 11:33 AM
    So I guess there is no answer for my problem and I am stuck with 1Mobile? wouldn't be grate to say at least because the app choice on 1Mobile is not really great
    You're the only one having the problem.

How can we solve if we can't duplicate??

Delete the app and Re sideload.
    That's all I can suggest.
    12-13-13 12:42 PM
    You're the only one having the problem.

How can we solve if we can't duplicate??

Delete the app and Re sideload.
    That's all I can suggest.
    Or reload the os

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 01:24 PM
3,312 ... 4445464748 ...