Just downloaded this over the weekend and it's amazing! Love it. Finally got a working DIRECTV app and I ended up deleting all my other 'android' stores. Beautiful job so far!

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 07:10 PM
    Hi,

I tried to download dead trigger 2. It showed file size as 200MB+, but once it started downloading, it only downloaded 10MB+. Not sure why it's not downloading the entire file. Once installed, I'm stuck in the main screen.

I don't have any file size limit to download. I'm using wifi. This is also the issue with 1mobile and other app stores. So I'm just curious why we can't download apks with like 100mb+ size.

Attachment 228048
    Attachment 228049

Yaaaarr! You're a pirate because of 10.2.1.1055!
    Probably has an obb file with the Apk not sure if snap downloads obb too

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 10:13 PM
    I have the latest build of Snap. After I download an app eg viber, google drive and click on open installer. Nothing happens. I let the app be open for 30 minutes and still nothing happens. I re installed 10.2.1.1055 and also re installed snap. I still face the same issues. I cant install any app from snap.

Please help resolve this
    12-10-13 07:56 AM
    Click on the downloaded .apk file from the native file explorer and try to install the app that way, if it doesn't work it's an issue with your installation of 10.2.1.1055. If it does then there may be a bug with Snap.
    12-10-13 09:20 AM
    It may not be feasible, but is there any chance of getting an 'update all' option for the app update section? Having to click through each one is a little tedious after you have more than a few android apps.
    12-10-13 09:21 AM
    Finally got around to installing 10.2.1 and wow, Snap is amazing. Thank you for developing it!
    12-11-13 04:15 AM
    love SNAP

but a few issues

1. some apps tell me i need Google Play services....what do i do
    2. Snapchat works but no sound on notifications so no idea when i have a new message
    3. Slingplayer keeps saying it cant pass Android license check....make sure phone is connected to internet and you sign into your android market client on your device....

any help greatly appreciated
    12-11-13 05:17 AM
    the downloaded apk doesnt show up in my file manager.
    12-11-13 05:33 AM
    the downloaded apk doesnt show up in my file manager.
    Device/Downloads

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 07:00 AM
    love SNAP

but a few issues

Simply install Google play services. You can download it from 1mobile.com and sideload it on your BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 10:21 AM
    I just installed Snap on my Z10 running on 10.2.1.1055. When I open Snap it asks me for Email ID (used on Google play) and password. My normal Google ID and password doesn't work. Can someone please help me??

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 11:30 AM
    love SNAP

but a few issues

2. Snapchat works but no sound on notifications so no idea when i have a new message
    3. Slingplayer keeps saying it cant pass Android license check....make sure phone is connected to internet and you sign into your android market client on your device....

any help greatly appreciated
    The Android runtime just sucks at notifications overall.
    12-11-13 11:48 AM
    I just installed Snap on my Z10 running on 10.2.1.1055. When I open Snap it asks me for Email ID (used on Google play) and password. My normal Google ID and password doesn't work. Can someone please help me??

Posted via CB10
    If you have two step authentication turned on in Gmail, you'll need to generate a app specific password for snap from Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 12:04 PM
    Posted via CB10
    On a PC go to Google Play and log out then log back in using your information, just to verify that your logon works.
    The other thing to consider is ..... Do you use the Google 2 step verification?

Worst case scenario is that you create a new Google Email account and logon using that, then open snap enter your new account and logon to register your BB device.
    12-11-13 12:40 PM
    If you have two step authentication turned on in Gmail, you'll need to generate a app specific password for snap from Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    No I dont have 2 step authenticaton on my Gmail. Just checked and status says turned OFF.
    12-11-13 02:01 PM
    On a PC go to Google Play and log out then log back in using your information, just to verify that your logon works.
    The other thing to consider is ..... Do you use the Google 2 step verification?

Worst case scenario is that you create a new Google Email account and logon using that, then open snap enter your new account and logon to register your BB device.
    I tried logging into Google Play from a PC using my ID and it worked. I logged out as you said.

No, I dont use 2 step verification.

I tried a different gmail account which hasnt been used in years and it works in snap. I wonder why this happens??? My regular gmail ID doesnt work and an ID I used years before works...

Thanks for your help
    12-11-13 02:10 PM
    Is there a way we can follow development? Or be alerted of new versions without having to check back here?
    dawnjc79 and Chris_inTO like this.
    12-11-13 02:32 PM
    I think the last time there was a big update to Snap it gave a notification in the app...
    Is there a way we can follow development? Or be alerted of new versions without having to check back here?
    BlackBerry 10 signed.
    12-11-13 02:42 PM
    I tried logging into Google Play from a PC using my ID and it worked. I logged out as you said.

No, I dont use 2 step verification.

I tried a different gmail account which hasnt been used in years and it works in snap. I wonder why this happens??? My regular gmail ID doesnt work and an ID I used years before works...

Thanks for your help
    Sorry I have no answer for you on this one, but maybe James might read this and understand why.
    Well at least you can now install apps, via this great little app.
    12-11-13 02:49 PM
    Simply install Google play services. You can download it from 1mobile.com and sideload it on your BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    do you know for a fact if this works for apps that require google play to unlock features/update etc

thanks
    12-12-13 12:57 AM
    I had an issue with Google Play services hanging up my account settings. They wouldnt load in settings<accounts, just a white screen and the loading circle spinning forever. I deleted Google services and accounts loaded right up.
    12-12-13 12:40 PM
    do you know for a fact if this works for apps that require google play to unlock features/update etc

thanks
    Please check this thread for further info about Google play services:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=876851

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 01:53 PM
    I had an issue with Google Play services hanging up my account settings. They wouldnt load in settings<accounts, just a white screen and the loading circle spinning forever. I deleted Google services and accounts loaded right up.
    Yeah, that happens with quite a few Android apps. As long as you have all your accounts set up and you don't need that particular functionality before the next leak or official release of 10.2.1, it shouldn't be a problem.
    12-12-13 02:21 PM
    Just started using Snap.. Great potential. At the moment, I download an app and then when I press the button to download installer I get @processing..... for ages and then " Installer has stalled. Cancel installation?" If I don't, it just keeps spinning....
    12-12-13 05:56 PM
    I hope that Google does not try. It would be foolish and a waste of time. Any of the billion android users and simply download from Google Play, and then extract from their phones, and put into a different story. Where do you think all these third party stores come from.

I did that with my HTC prior to Snap

Posted via CB10
    Lately I've been seeing more and more APK's from the Play Store being encrypted. Once on the device, they can't be moved or copied to another device. It simply won't work. I imagine this is to combat all the piracy that's been going on. Android won't survive if all the developers leave because they can't make money, so Google had to do something...
    12-12-13 06:01 PM
3,312 ... 4344454647 ...