Love the name, the icon and love the app, now can we get paid apps soon...i would even buy several again. CB users always blow my mind, they have hours of free time to diddle on forums complaining about spending $2.99 to support a developer.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-07-13 07:22 PM
    Why is everyone trying to choose new names and icons for this app?
    This fine piece of work belongs to James and it is his baby...... sorry but I had to speak my mind.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 10:20 PM
    Why is everyone trying to choose new names and icons for this app?
    This fine piece of work belongs to James and it is his baby...... sorry but I had to speak my mind.
    Absolutely agreed. Love it the way it is. Name, Icon, GUI, APK Info, Picture preview, all perfect

I just updated Total Commander with Snap, worked like a charm! Though it would be nice, if the My Apps icon would show the little red star if an update is available.
    12-08-13 03:22 AM
    Hi,

I tried to download dead trigger 2. It showed file size as 200MB+, but once it started downloading, it only downloaded 10MB+. Not sure why it's not downloading the entire file. Once installed, I'm stuck in the main screen.

I don't have any file size limit to download. I'm using wifi. This is also the issue with 1mobile and other app stores. So I'm just curious why we can't download apks with like 100mb+ size.

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_00000039.png
    Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_00000038.png

Yaaaarr! You're a pirate because of 10.2.1.1055!
    12-08-13 06:11 AM
    @2Perks1Bird, that happens if the rest are DATA files. You may need to download them separately. Just Google for the DATA files of that game, download them and copy them to the appropriate directory.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    12-08-13 06:51 AM
    Sure the apps in play store is made for android. But does that mean its google?

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Isn't the entire android operating system developed by Google?

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    12-08-13 08:22 AM
    Isn't the entire android operating system developed by Google?

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    Yes it is and play store's version of instagram is made for android. But its not made by google. Instagram is not google the way google +, hangouts, youtube, gmail, google maps, android is.

Using snap and extracting apks from google play is not the same as having an android an using google play.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    12-08-13 08:38 AM

Using snap and extracting apks from google play is not the same as having an android an using google play.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Whatever makes you sleep at night.
    But it is pretty much the same.
    The only difference is that we have a different os to use outside of the app

Posted via CB10
    kfroese likes this.
    12-08-13 09:23 AM
    James,

Absolutely love the app!!!!!! I've been reading that some people have suggested that Snap automatically delete the downloaded apk after installation. If you choose to add this feature, please allow the user to enable/disable it - at least for free apps. I like being able to keep a copy of the apk.

Call me paranoid, but I think one day Google is going to put a stop to it. I'd rather have the ability to self load "out of date apps" than none at all.

I don't often donate, but this BB10 App was definitely worth the $10 I did!!

Steve
    12-08-13 09:37 AM
    I hope that Google does not try. It would be foolish and a waste of time. Any of the billion android users and simply download from Google Play, and then extract from their phones, and put into a different story. Where do you think all these third party stores come from.

I did that with my HTC prior to Snap

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 09:43 AM
    Hi, I have both snap, DROID v2, both are awesome!
    I am on 10.2.1 and using snap sometimes, I am getting a message installer had stalled do u want to continue.. I need to restart my device to get it back... but with droid store I don't have any issues..! But category's is great!
    SO...
    Y u both developers combine and develop a better store for all..
    Thanks!

Posted Via CB10! Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055!
    12-08-13 11:10 AM
    James,

Absolutely love the app!!!!!! I've been reading that some people have suggested that Snap automatically delete the downloaded apk after installation. If you choose to add this feature, please allow the user to enable/disable it - at least for free apps. I like being able to keep a copy of the apk.

Call me paranoid, but I think one day Google is going to put a stop to it. I'd rather have the ability to self load "out of date apps" than none at all.

I don't often donate, but this BB10 App was definitely worth the $10 I did!!

Steve
    If you want a copy of the apk, you can always get it. Just download GHOST COMMANDER!! Its available on BBworld.

Don't tell anybody I told you

Sent from my TECNO_N9 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Mecca EL and Big10BBUser like this.
    12-08-13 04:18 PM
    I have a question about the new update. What GSF ID is it creating? I have a previously installed app that runs on Android 3.1 and now viewing it on Google Play it says I have no compatible devices. Verizon Z10 is shaded out? Great app by the way!!!!!

EDIT= Maybe its something with the app itself. It wont show compatible with the Galaxy 4.2.2 (Genymotion) device I have listed either.?.
    Last edited by jelp2; 12-08-13 at 07:27 PM.
    12-08-13 07:00 PM
    Love Snap, only things I'd like to be fixed are visual things.

Button on top of the text

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_00000066.png

Recent changes is a smaller text size

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_00000067.png

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech and blackopal like this.
    12-08-13 07:07 PM
    Tried to download Instagram from snap and it didn't show up?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 07:22 PM
    If you want a copy of the apk, you can always get it. Just download GHOST COMMANDER!! Its available on BBworld.

Don't tell anybody I told you

Sent from my TECNO_N9 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Gykesdollars,

Thanks for the info! I will try it. I've been using the native file manager to move the apks to my sdcard, but will give it a try.
    12-08-13 08:26 PM
    Seems I have a strange regional issue or something.

I am in Canada. I have about 50 android apps, and they all work great, but some (like Google Maps and Kobo) have strange icons. The Kobo icon is in Spanish or something, although the app itself is English and works fine. The Google Maps icon is not the normal map picture, but is a red pin labelled "local".

This is just an aesthetic issue so far, but does anyone have an explanation?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 08:47 PM
    Seems I have a strange regional issue or something.

I am in Canada. I have about 50 android apps, and they all work great, but some (like Google Maps and Kobo) have strange icons. The Kobo icon is in Spanish or something, although the app itself is English and works fine. The Google Maps icon is not the normal map picture, but is a red pin labelled "local".

This is just an aesthetic issue so far, but does anyone have an explanation?

Posted via CB10
    That's a runtime issue, not Snap
    12-08-13 08:57 PM
    I loaded the latest bar file over the top of 1.5.x and now Snap just says Loading at the bottom of the screen and a spinning wheel in the lower right. Any ideas? I did reboot the phone and got the same thing.

EDIT: Logged out and logged back in and that fixed it.
    Last edited by hennesseystealth; 12-08-13 at 09:32 PM.
    12-08-13 09:14 PM
    That's a runtime issue, not Snap
    Can you elaborate?

How does the Android runtime choose the icon to be displayed?

When I sideload these same apps instead, I get the normal icons.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 06:25 AM
    I haven't seen this mentioned before; is it possible to get more than 20 results when entering a search? The app returns plenty of results but I can't scroll through more than 20.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 06:53 AM
    Gykesdollars,

Thanks for the info! I will try it. I've been using the native file manager to move the apks to my sdcard, but will give it a try.
    Ghost Commander is for all installed android apps in the phone... irrespective of its source, be it Google Play Store or 1mobile.. even if the APK file is deleted immediately after installation, provided you have the app installed on your phone it will extract it... But plz....

Say No To Piracy!!

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055 "the iPhone-killa"
    12-09-13 08:05 AM
    I haven't seen this mentioned before; is it possible to get more than 20 results when entering a search? The app returns plenty of results but I can't scroll through more than 20.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

I have a similiar issue. Says there are ie 150 results to a search query, but I can only see/access something like 20 of them.
    12-09-13 12:46 PM
    I have a similiar issue. Says there are ie 150 results to a search query, but I can only see/access something like 20 of them.
    The developer has already answered this. This will be solved in one of the next releases.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 01:19 PM
    Is it possible for you to add something that tells us when a new version of an app is out? Just curious...

Sorry if it was asked already...

C00270EBC check out my Tattoo thread! Brought to you by Laughing Buddha Tattoo and Body Piercing
    Last edited by elite1; 12-10-13 at 03:36 AM.
    12-09-13 06:55 PM
3,312 ... 4243444546 ...