Can anyone give me a quick rundown of DroidStore?

I have not installed it, but it seems like the developer went down the same road as v1.0 of Snap (being dependent on 3rd party APK downloader)

What's better about it than Snap? What does Snap do better? Any other thoughts?
    Hi paul, I've just sent you a mail. and this is a coincidence I just looked in your last thread post I really admit it. Snap.is really better and would want to give any help I can if you need. I want snap to improve much faster and let's help BlackBerry with the app gap problem.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 11:28 AM
    In my latest version I am using evozi's server to download apks and it's very stable than the one on apify ifconfig.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 11:29 AM
    Hi paul, I've just sent you a mail. and this is a coincidence I just looked in your last thread post I really admit it. Snap.is really better and would want to give any help I can if you need. I want snap to improve much faster and let's help BlackBerry with the app gap problem.

Posted via CB10
    And this is why I'm a supporter, your enthusiasm. Two devs on one project would be great.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-03-13 11:32 AM
    And this is why I'm a supporter, your enthusiasm. Two devs on one project would be great.

Good says!
    Snap is the best!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:26 PM
    I'm currently finding I have to switch back and forth between snap and droid store because a fair number of my apps can't be found in snap.. must be due to the country carrier settings, but certain ones are strange.. for example: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...book.pages.app It's not a regional app.. should be available to everyone, certainly the US.. but droid store finds it, snap says it doesn't exist.

Overall I have 14 apps installed, that I got from the play store, that snap says are not in the play store.

Other then that there are a few UI elements I like a tiny bit better in droid store, but for the most part I think snap is a better app with it's progress. Definitely looking forward to seeing what you two can do together!
    Last edited by just_luc; 12-03-13 at 02:18 PM.
    12-03-13 02:07 PM
    Simply. Amazing. Thank you
    12-03-13 03:10 PM
    Good to hear you guys might be working together.
    Both apps are great but Snap has the upper hand being able to detect and update installed apps. I like Snap's interface because it is similar to BlackBerry World and feels more "native"...plus categories is nice.
    In Droid Store I like the options and to choose the download folder as well as the favorites button and featured app display.

It'd be a breakthrough if one if you figure out the purchased app downloads as well as an APK editor (permissions, icon, name changer). And also a self-updating store / bar installer.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055 | CB10
    R Field likes this.
    12-03-13 04:02 PM
    Standard Google OAuth support (like in BB10 accounts) would be nice as it would allow people who have enable 2-factor auth to easily log in.
    12-03-13 05:23 PM
    I noticed in 1.9.5.1 that the descriptive text for update changes is extremely small, practically need a magnifying-glass to read it.

Also, there must be different version numbers being pulled from different places because I will have an installed app that claims to be ie v1.0.0.1 (and Snap reports the installed version as 1.0.0.1), but the updated version is listed as ie "v2.7". But after I install the app, I discover it is actually v1.0.0.2. This has happened on multiple apps.

To make it even more interesting, if I use ApkRenamer to rename the APK files using their default naming template (AppName_version-number), it must be pulling it from that "other" place, because it will sometimes rename that same APK with "v2.7".

I assume there are multiple version strings in the APK files.
    12-03-13 06:56 PM
    One word..... AWESOME!!

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055 "the iPhone-killa"
    12-03-13 07:01 PM
    Can anyone give me a quick rundown of DroidStore?

I have not installed it, but it seems like the developer went down the same road as v1.0 of Snap (being dependent on 3rd party APK downloader)

What's better about it than Snap? What does Snap do better? Any other thoughts?

I prefer Snap.
    12-03-13 07:06 PM
    I'm loving this new update.

Thanks for developing this wonderful app!
    12-03-13 07:10 PM
    I have tried both and Snaps works the best since is shows what is installed and what has an available update.
    The ultimate feature will be the ability to purchase apps from the google play store and load to the device. Do you think this feature will be available soon?
    12-03-13 08:44 PM
    - App update notification in the hub would be an awesome feature
    - As of now the update is slow in terms of speed and a lot of times it gives an error occurred message
    - Auto delete APKs after install can also be a nice addition
    - I tried to use this app on 2G speed but it keeps on loading so there is definitely scope for improvement
    - Clear Cache(for apps installed) could also be a good feature
    - Option to delete app and get it included in list of available apps should be there
    - Trigger the installer automatically rather than a push from the user after the download

I am waiting for the next leak in 10.2.1 as it will give a lot more options for android ports.
    R Field likes this.
    12-04-13 12:53 AM
    Pressed the Open Installer button and nothing happens..? What should I do? Thanks!
    12-04-13 02:27 AM
    Pressed the Open Installer button and nothing happens..? What should I do? Thanks!
    What OS are you running?
    This app will only allow installations of APK's if you're running 10.2.1.1055

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 02:57 AM
    yes running .1055
    12-04-13 03:42 AM
    Love the new version besides the already mentioned road map for new features to be added. I had issues with the app crashing on 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 03:52 AM
    Hi, Great app! Blackberry should pay you as this app could change the game completely for them
    Please add:
    Update all button, automatic updates, auto install of apps once downloaded, ability to delete/keep apks, unistall apps, ignore update button and change the logo something with more snap to it

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Craig Perkel; 12-04-13 at 07:40 AM.
    12-04-13 06:07 AM
    Yes, the icon needs to be different.

(I proposed one already before, and it is available if you think it has enough "snap to it")

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    12-04-13 03:20 PM
    Great update! Working well.

What's wrong with the little green robot? LOL
    12-04-13 03:34 PM
    Great Update, working fine!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 04:39 PM
    Just successfully installed a paid app!!!

I bought it on play.google.com and then clicked "Install" and then chose my Z30 (then had to do some manual stuff, but I'm working diligently to program it all into Snap)!

WOOT! more details to come!

*Note: I do not support piracy and Snap will only allow you to download paid apps that you've rightfully paid for with your Google account.
    Also, you will not have access to paid APKs. They will be stored in the private secured app storage of Snap.
    12-04-13 07:36 PM
    That sounds like the most fair way to do it, after all you are one of those devs that might be pirated!
    Sounds like we can expect some great updates in the future.
    *Note: I do not support piracy and Snap will only allow you to download paid apps that you've rightfully paid for with your Google account.
    Also, you will not have access to paid APKs. They will be stored in the private secured app storage of Snap.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    12-04-13 07:45 PM
    Just successfully installed a paid app!!!

I bought it on play.google.com and then clicked "Install" and then chose my Z30 (then had to do some manual stuff, but I'm working diligently to program it all into Snap)!

WOOT! more details to come!

Wow that's cool @last part, good going.

12-04-13 07:45 PM
3,312 ... 3940414243 ...