For anyone who is as picky about filenames as I am, I strongly recommend searching for APK Renamer in Snap. I have used it to rename all the APKs I've downloaded before I move them onto my SD card for archival. They are renamed appName_version but it can be customized.

Posted via CB10
    darkehawke, sbmd and Omnitech like this.
    12-02-13 11:26 AM
    James, This is a great app and this update works really well and I no longer have the "loading installed apps" problem from 1.9beta but, this still has a seriouse battery drain problem that 1.5 didn't have , from the device monitor, it's using .68percent at idle.....I just checked a nav app that I use called tripplogger and when its running it used .21 percent....I don't know if anyone else has noticed this
    12-02-13 12:03 PM
    Amazing updates thanks man! You should make an area for donations i would and i assume many others also would!

Posted via CB10 on my ? BlackBerry Q10
    12-02-13 12:11 PM
    There is a donation link in the OP.
    12-02-13 12:41 PM
    Amazing updates thanks man! You should make an area for donations i would and i assume many others also would!

Posted via CB10 on my ? BlackBerry Q10
    Donations via PayPal can be done using the link in the first post of this thread...look at the bottom.
    12-02-13 12:43 PM
    That's disappointing

Posted via CB10
    APK's can be unzipped. You can then check out and change the various icons.

I won't get into it here, but it's a pretty easy process. Use 7zip not winzip. There's plenty of info out there.

Posted via CB10
    mtitiz34 likes this.
    12-02-13 12:52 PM
    APK's can be unzipped. You can then check out and change the various icons.

I won't get into it here, but it's a pretty easy process. Use 7zip not winzip. There's plenty of info out there.

Posted via CB10
    That did work, but kinda defeats the purpose of Snap.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 03:20 PM
    I think there is problem with seraching
    every time I search it loads with no stop .
    could you please fix it or make a way (X) to stop the current search if the search fails
    12-02-13 03:44 PM
    due the crowd of your google play api . is there any solution for the delay ?
    12-02-13 04:01 PM
    due the crowd of your google play api . is there any solution for the delay ?
    hmm... The google play api implementation is your device communicating with google directly, so there shouldn't be any slowdown caused by the number of Snap issues.

Anyone else experiencing issues similar?

P.S have you tried logging out and/or uninstalling and reinstalling Snap?
    12-02-13 07:09 PM
    For anyone who is as picky about filenames as I am, I strongly recommend searching for APK Renamer in Snap. I have used it to rename all the APKs I've downloaded before I move them onto my SD card for archival. They are renamed appName_version but it can be customized.
    Thanks for the tip, very handy. Two comments:

You need to take out the space to find it, ie search string "ApkRenamer".

Also, that was the first Android app in version 1.5 of Snap that hung at "Preparing Download..." for me. Installing with 1.9.5.1 worked.
    12-02-13 07:19 PM
    Had an issue with 1.9.5.1 where the screenshots displayed in the app description initially displayed, but then disappeared for some reason and would never display after that.

Also - those thumbnails are very small and don't seem "magnifiable". Any possibility of including that capability? Not sure if it's been asked before.

Thanks again for an excellent tool. I hope it stays lean and clean.

Donation incoming..
    12-02-13 07:23 PM
    Hi Please Help... Every time I tried to install an app from snap it is saying" installer had stalled do want to cancel installation"...I need to restart my device...

Posted via CB10 ! Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    12-02-13 07:33 PM
    Man this app is the best thing I have ever had on my berry and as soon as I can I will be making a donation. Big thanks to the OP.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 07:55 PM
    Absolutely love the latest update. Definitely looking forward to the ability to pick country and carrier and the ability to install previously purchased apps!
    12-02-13 11:38 PM
    Great update! loving this app, you are a genius! Thank You!
    12-03-13 12:19 AM
    Thanks for the tip, very handy. Two comments:

You need to take out the space to find it, ie search string "ApkRenamer".

Also, that was the first Android app in version 1.5 of Snap that hung at "Preparing Download..." for me. Installing with 1.9.5.1 worked.
    My mistake, I couldn't remember if it needed the space between words or not.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 01:39 AM
    Hi Please Help... Every time I tried to install an app from snap it is saying" installer had stalled do want to cancel installation"...I need to restart my device...

Posted via CB10 ! Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    I get that all the time. If I just hit wait (or whatever the other option is) , the installation finishes and everything works fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:02 AM
    Whoa great update in the newest version. Great work OP!

CB10 - Z10(Z30 inbound) -10.2.1.1055 - C0006E212
    12-03-13 08:01 AM
    Downloaded the latest bar file. After I downloaded viber and google drive, I clicked on open installer. But after that nothing happens. I did a re intall of the Snap app and also had all permissions given. Still facing same issue. It does not install the apps.
    12-03-13 09:14 AM
    Downloaded the latest bar file. After I downloaded viber and google drive, I clicked on open installer. But after that nothing happens. I did a re intall of the Snap app and also had all permissions given. Still facing same issue. It does not install the apps.
    You are running OS 10.2.1.1055?

posted via CB10 on the amazing Z10 keyboard
    12-03-13 09:37 AM
    I had that problem with the installer stalling...I wiped my phone, reloaded leaked OS with autoloader, and that fixed it. (It also worked to click "wait" as was mentioned above, but I wanted it perfect. Another thing I found was when I deleted the first version of Snap, then installed Snap 1.9, I didn't uninstall all the apps I'd downloaded with the first version of Snap(using my own GSF ID). Then when I clicked "My Apps" in the second version of Snap, it would say "Loading" forever...so once again, I wiped my phone, reloaded leaked OS, Sideloaded Snap 1.9, re installed all my Play Store apps, and boom-fixed! Don't be afraid to wipe and reload OS, with this leak I've reinstalled once a week, every time my phone starts getting glitchy after I try to install a bunch of Google apps, I do a security wipe, reload the leaked OS, then reinstall all my apps. I'm not saying do a wipe every time something goes wrong, but just don't be afraid to do it if you get stuck on something...(PS: Just sharing what I've learned through trial and error- I'm definitely no expert- this is my first leaked OS)
    12-03-13 09:55 AM
    It is good app and solves a lot of app gap thing.

My two cents,

Please include the notification ability for apps updates in the hub.

Also, it is slow when I try to update apps. And if I go for 2 or more updates, normally it ends up with an error message.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 10:22 AM
    Can anyone give me a quick rundown of DroidStore?

I have not installed it, but it seems like the developer went down the same road as v1.0 of Snap (being dependent on 3rd party APK downloader)

What's better about it than Snap? What does Snap do better? Any other thoughts?

Edit: NemOry (creator of DroidStore) just emailed me about Snap, possibly a partnership opportunity... stay tuned...
    xiaohuaxing, the_igg and eldricho like this.
    12-03-13 11:21 AM
    Can anyone give me a quick rundown of DroidStore?

I have not installed it, but it seems like the developer went down the same road as v1.0 of Snap (being dependent on 3rd party APK downloader)

What's better about it than Snap? What does Snap do better? Any other thoughts?
    Honestly I'm a supporter of that developer, but snap is better, and yes his method is that of v1 of snap.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-03-13 11:26 AM
3,312 ... 3839404142 ...