Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    12-02-13 05:01 AM
    Jpm,

Latest update works nicely. Registered appropriately in the Google as a bb10 on Att. Sees all Android apps and checks for updates.

Not that you don't have enough to do, but suggest that you have a "details" or in the About section, all of the info that you created including the gsf Id, and the version of the android runtime (4.2.2) that you are making this for.

Also, I am sure this is also on the development path, but showing the same type of opening layout with Recommended, Trending, etc, with the icons would be a nice visual for the user.

Also, sent you a PM on some other stuff. Hope it was thought provoking.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 05:06 AM
    Jj

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 05:10 AM
    Also, I am sure this is also on the development path, but showing the same type of opening layout with Recommended, Trending, etc, with the icons would be a nice visual for the user.
    Whereas I personally really appreciate the simplicity, efficiency and freedom of marketing noise of NOT having all that junk shoved in my face.
    12-02-13 06:07 AM
    I'm extremely confused and have no time to go through 37 pages of thread.

So when in Snap, I choose to install lets say Instagram, I download, then go to install and it says the Installer has stalled. Cancel Installation? and I am in an infinite loop when pressing "OK" or cancel with "Cancel"

What exactly do I do to download an app?
    In that instance, you would hit cancel and it should continue with the install. It's occurred to me on a couple of apps but not for the majority.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 06:14 AM
    Got my Z10 to register:
    Delete latest Snap 1.9
    Restart phone
    Sideload Snap 1.5.1 and make sure your logged out. Then delete it.
    Sideload latest Snap1.9 and login.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055 | CB10
    Can u post the 1.5 link again. I replaced it with the 1.9, as it hd the same name. :-(

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 06:30 AM
    Whereas I personally really appreciate the simplicity, efficiency and freedom of marketing noise of NOT having all that junk shoved in my face.
    I can see that. Different things for different people. JPM - perhaps make it optional (similar to the nice customizable way that igrann is done - via settings).
    12-02-13 06:41 AM
    not able to download anything with the last 1.9.5.1 version, and I can't set the GFID so I'm not sure what to do (my q10 does not show up as a device in google play either), time to reinstall the 1.5
    12-02-13 06:46 AM
    not able to download anything with the last 1.9.5.1 version, and I can't set the GFID so I'm not sure what to do (my q10 does not show up as a device in google play either), time to reinstall the 1.5
    Can you double check that you have enabled all App permissions for Snap? Currently all of those are required for everything to work. If they are, try completely uninstalling before side loading the latest bar.

Posted via CB10
    AcADIeN likes this.
    12-02-13 06:50 AM
    Can u post the 1.5 link again. I replaced it with the 1.9, as it hd the same name. :-(

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried skipping the 1.5 part? I'm pretty sure completely uninstalling all versions of Snap and reinstalling will do the trick.

Also, it won't show up in Google Play until you download an app after you've logged in successfully with Snap 1.9+

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 06:53 AM
    Can you double check that you have enabled all App permissions for Snap? Currently all of those are required for everything to work. If they are, try completely uninstalling before side loading the latest bar.

Posted via CB10

Yes I did, here's a screenshot

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_00000056.png

The thing is, if I go under google play and device, I don't see any device available.

edit: uninstalling and reinstalling seem to fix the issue. Thanks!
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 12-02-13 at 07:11 AM.
    12-02-13 06:54 AM
    James, I was thinking hard about the possibilities you are offering the community with Snap and how we could push this even further. Thanks to your efforts we are able to login to the Google Store and also receive push notifications from the store using the personal account information.

What if you could expand this functionality to receive push notifications with other Android apps? My idea is, that you try to capture the API Calls from the various Android Apps that require a login to Google Services. I'm not sure, if this is possible from a technical point of view, but this would be a great leap towards full compatibility of Android Apps on Blackberry.

Maybe you can have a look at the Google Login Framewok to understand, how this works and if such an integration could be accomplished. Analysing Google Login from GAPPS would be a good place to start. The package 20130812 contains the login apk.

Beside that, thank you again for developing snap and for implementing my feature wishes :-)

Regards
    12-02-13 07:49 AM
    Attention CB10 Mod's!!
    This thread should be mentioned on the Main page again, James's app deserves a bit more limelight.
    12-02-13 07:54 AM
    Great improvement..thanks a lot. .. Nice to have Google Play store.!

Posted via CB10 ! Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    12-02-13 08:11 AM
    Is there any way to get better quality icons? Everything is loading in lower resolution with one particular app not loading an icon at all.

Posted via CB10

Do you mean within Snap or in BlackBerry 10 itself?

If you mean within Snap, which view are you referring, the "Installed apps" screen? Cause if so, I do have ability to grab higher res icon if it's available in the app. Right now I'm pulling the ~320dpi icon (xhdpi) if it's available, otherwise I just grab the first one listed (which may be really low quality). There is probably some improvement on this logic that I can do though.

Here is how android does their icons:
    http://developer.android.com/design/[email protected]

For example, I can pull the xxhdpi if it's available.
    12-02-13 08:28 AM
    edit: uninstalling and reinstalling seem to fix the issue. Thanks!
    Glad it's working!
    12-02-13 08:28 AM
    Icons have perfect quality on my Q10... maybe a problem on larger screens?
    12-02-13 08:34 AM
    Fantastic, it works perfctly after the update.
    There is one thing that I noticed, after I update an app, it still shows up as the one needing update in the update section. BTW can you tell us, if snap delets used up apks, or dose it keep them forever?
    Last edited by maciek226; 12-02-13 at 09:07 AM.
    12-02-13 08:37 AM
    Thanks for the updated update! ;D
    Shows all my apps, it even mentions 'apps not found in Google Play", so I know which apps to check manually.
    _____
    In reply to above: .apks are saved in "device>downloads", you can find them through the file manager.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    12-02-13 08:47 AM
    Ask and you shall receive! The link still should remain as Snap-latest.bar, but when it downloads, the filename will have the proper version
    Thanks
    This will make it easier to manage in DPBB or whatever it is called.
    Keep up the great work. I shall be donating when I get home!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 08:48 AM
    Jpm,

Posted via CB10
    I would prefer a setting where you could select the screen of your choice when the app opens, I would prefer to not see the "adds" but I can understand how others might want to see these.
    12-02-13 09:07 AM
    I would prefer a setting where you could select the screen of your choice when the app opens...
    My Apps in the Update tab where I want to be upon startup.

SQN100-1 + 10.2.1.1055 | STA100-3 + 10.2.1.1055
    12-02-13 09:10 AM
    Do you mean within Snap or in BlackBerry 10 itself?

If you mean within Snap, which view are you referring, the "Installed apps" screen? Cause if so, I do have ability to grab higher res icon if it's available in the app. Right now I'm pulling the ~320dpi icon (xhdpi) if it's available, otherwise I just grab the first one listed (which may be really low quality). There is probably some improvement on this logic that I can do though.

Here is how android does their icons:
    http://developer.android.com/design/[email protected]

For example, I can pull the xxhdpi if it's available.
    Within Snap the show up nice and clear, but once they're installed they get pretty fuzzy, and the one never wants to load an icon at all even though it shows up in Snap

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 226248
    Attached Thumbnails Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_00000353.png  
    12-02-13 09:47 AM
    Within Snap the show up nice and clear, but once they're installed they get pretty fuzzy, and the one never wants to load an icon at all even though it shows up in Snap

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 226248
    Restart the phone . It works!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 10:17 AM
    Restart the phone . It works!

Posted via CB10
    No it doesn't

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 11:09 AM
3,312 ... 3738394041 ...