It seems the new built in device id is problematic. For instance, it downloaded the wrong build of Google Maps 7.4, which would not install. My old id from my virtual GS4 downloads the correct build.

Although, with 25 android apps, this is the only one I had a problem with.

Great work so far!
    I just downloaded Google Maps 7.4.0 with it and it installed fine. It's working as it should.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    12-01-13 07:51 AM
    Love the current logo. Not so much a fan of the suggested one...
    What I needed to do to have the proper device show up under My Devices was to:

1. Remove Snap 1.9 Beta (Long Press > Trash Can)
    2. Soft Restart (Lock Button)
    3. Sideload Snap 1.5.1 + GSF Login
    4. Start an App Download (as Verification)
    5. Remove Snap 1.5.1 (Long Press > Trash Can)
    6. Sideload Snap 1.9 Beta
    7. Start an App Download (as Verification)

The proper device populated My Devices immediately afterwards...
    Thanks this fixed my issue of my Z10 not showing up, it seems for me that the key was the GSF download.
    12-01-13 08:33 AM
    Love the current logo. Not so much a fan of the suggested one...
    What I needed to do to have the proper device show up under My Devices was to:

1. Remove Snap 1.9 Beta (Long Press > Trash Can)
    2. Soft Restart (Lock Button)
    3. Sideload Snap 1.5.1 + GSF Login
    4. Start an App Download (as Verification)
    5. Remove Snap 1.5.1 (Long Press > Trash Can)
    6. Sideload Snap 1.9 Beta
    7. Start an App Download (as Verification)

The proper device populated My Devices immediately afterwards...
    Now showing correctly after trying this method

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 09:09 AM
    silly question:
    if I want to load google maps - to I need anything else (gmaps + additional apps) or Snap does all the job?
    12-01-13 09:19 AM
    silly question:
    if I want to load google maps - to I need anything else (gmaps + additional apps) or Snap does all the job?
    You don't need anything else. Just download and install via Snap. The app will work fine but you won't be able to use the login features in maps as this is not supported on BB10.
    12-01-13 09:22 AM
    You don't need anything else. Just download and install via Snap. The app will work fine but you won't be able to use the login features in maps as this is not supported on BB10.
    thanks!
    oh, and I need to sideload snap, right?
    12-01-13 09:23 AM
    oh, and I need to sideload snap, right?
    yes
    12-01-13 09:30 AM
    I got it to work simply by doing this:
    Completely remove Snap, reboot (make sure Snap is not installed).
    Now install Snap latest.
    Download any app (install was not necessary).

After these steps my Q10 shows up in Google Play and I can "send" apps to my device (they do not install, but they show up in 'available'!).

For any new Android app I downloaded and installed through Snap, it shows up as 'installed', older apps do not.
    12-01-13 09:52 AM
    oooh boy. I did it

my first side loaded app - Snap
    Loaded flawlessly
    12-01-13 10:30 AM
    I got it to work simply by doing this:
    Completely remove Snap, reboot (make sure Snap is not installed).
    Now install Snap latest.
    Download any app (install was not necessary).

After these steps my Q10 shows up in Google Play and I can "send" apps to my device (they do not install, but they show up in 'available'!).
    You will be able to download "Free" apps using this method in a future version of Snap, but paid apps won't work yet because when downloaded, they come encrypted. Paid apps will be possible in a future version of Snap but it will take some time for me to write the decryption code

For any new Android app I downloaded and installed through Snap, it shows up as 'installed', older apps do not.
    Fix coming today for this!
    R Field, pvphooman, sbmd and 1 others like this.
    12-01-13 10:43 AM
    Got my Z10 to register:
    Delete latest Snap 1.9
    Restart phone
    Sideload Snap 1.5.1 and make sure your logged out. Then delete it.
    Sideload latest Snap1.9 and login.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055 | CB10
    12-01-13 10:57 AM
    I got the app to load properly and my z10 stl4 shows registered in google play services but when I go to the " installed apps" tab it just keeps loading..i cleared out the download folder and downloaded some apps....I tried all the rebooting and reloading suggestions in this thread.....the big problem im having is a major battery drain,(lost 20percent in 20minutes) I think the app is still trying to load the installed apps from google play in background , going back to v1.5 for now, fantastic app tho...... anyone experience this
    Last edited by speedbird1; 12-01-13 at 12:40 PM.
    12-01-13 11:46 AM
    Awesome app. Looking forward future updates

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 11:57 AM
    Yeah, a bugfix drop later today...Nice!

SQN100-1 + 10.2.1.1055 | STA100-3 + 10.2.1.1055
    12-01-13 12:27 PM
    James, thank's for your awesome work. Everything works great on my Q10. May My carrier and device show up correctly in Google Play Store. Content is displayed correctly corresponding to my country settings.

May I request some features?

• By default, Snap starts with the Category view. To search files, the search dialog must first be selected from the sidebar. Can search be on the lower navigation bar for easier access?
    • If search dialog is displayed, the entry field is not active. You must first click into the field to enter a search term. Can that field be active for input without the need to click on it?

What do you think about it?
    12-01-13 01:20 PM
    Yeah, a bugfix drop later today...Nice!

SQN100-1 + 10.2.1.1055 | STA100-3 + 10.2.1.1055
    Where did you get that info from?

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    12-01-13 01:45 PM
    Because he just said so: "Fix coming today for this!"
    Where did you get that info from?
    12-01-13 01:52 PM
    Suggestion.
    Can you name the BAR files with the version number.
    So instead of snap latest version, it will be called snap 1.9

Obviously this would be from the next update onwards!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 02:11 PM
    Suggestion.
    Can you name the BAR files with the version number.
    So instead of snap latest version, it will be called snap 1.9

Obviously this would be from the next update onwards!

Posted via CB10

I was thinking the same. Mostly because I am lazy and don't want to remember to rename them. Unless he is building in an auto update feature!! lol that would be awesome if possible.

Love the apps looks beautiful and works as stated!! Anxiously awaiting the new features!!
    12-01-13 03:35 PM

• If search dialog is displayed, the entry field is not active. You must first click into the field to enter a search term. Can that field be active for input without the need to click on it?

+1

App works great on the Q10 - would love to see an option to hide the bottom bar to increase the viewable screen size for the Q10.
    I noticed that the app only shows 20 apps in the search results even though it has found more. Are you aware of this bug James?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 04:07 PM
    Please excuse me and help me understand. Previously I was using a friend's GSF ID and play store username and password and snap worked fine.

Now that the latest beta does not require a GSF because its generated from our device itself am I able to use just any gmail account? (for example a self created one?)

Or would I still require an account which is actually registered with a google device/play store?

BTW the update check is an excellent feature. Thank you for the excellent app!

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    12-01-13 05:43 PM
    Please excuse me and help me understand. Previously I was using a friend's GSF ID and play store username and password and snap worked fine.

Now that the latest beta does not require a GSF because its generated from our device itself am I able to use just any gmail account? (for example a self created one?)

Or would I still require an account which is actually registered with a google device/play store?

BTW the update check is an excellent feature. Thank you for the excellent app!

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Your own Gmail will be fine, the newest version gives u an id str8 from your blackberry. Don't ask me how lol but he did it

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    The Big Picture likes this.
    12-01-13 05:48 PM
    Mine says "Preparing Download". It seems the app is not downloading. See attached screenshot. I suggest to have a Cancel/Stop button here.
    Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20131505.png
    12-01-13 08:15 PM
    I'm extremely confused and have no time to go through 37 pages of thread.

So when in Snap, I choose to install lets say Instagram, I download, then go to install and it says the Installer has stalled. Cancel Installation? and I am in an infinite loop when pressing "OK" or cancel with "Cancel"

What exactly do I do to download an app?
    12-01-13 10:55 PM
    I'm extremely confused and have no time to go through 37 pages of thread.

So when in Snap, I choose to install lets say Instagram, I download, then go to install and it says the Installer has stalled. Cancel Installation? and I am in an infinite loop when pressing "OK" or cancel with "Cancel"

What exactly do I do to download an app?
    Either restart the phone and wait a few min, then try again...or load an android app first in active frame then try again. The idea is to evoke the android runtime before you install.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055 | CB10
    12-01-13 11:09 PM
3,312 ... 3536373839 ...