This is beautiful haha omfg I love my BB
    11-25-13 04:31 AM
    [QUOTE=jamespaulmuir;9606536]Hey everyone!

New version is not quite ready but is going to be a HUGE update!

Snap is styled based on BlackBerry World if you are thinking why it looks familiar.

Below are some teaser screenshots of the new version. All of this is now using a built-in GSF ID.

This is really great stuff. Are we actually going to be able to buy and pay for Play Store app legally? This would be a real game changer. You should sell this app rather than making available for free, I think it's only fair that you get reworded for this fantastic work.
    C

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 04:42 AM
    #BlackBerry10Power !

Editor of www.blackberry-10.fr
    11-25-13 05:24 AM
    Great Job! It is fantastic!

Just a few personal opinion...I think it would be fine:
    - in the first page showing a number of apps (4-8) from one Category (ex. Trending). Possibly to set this Category in setup for everyone personal needs...
    - the Browse or Search icon I would placed in the middle of bottom bar, on every window.
    - where is the Browse now (bottom left corner), I would place an Category icon. With right swipe gestures will be appear all categories for filtering. Browse or search icon always in the midle of bottom bar.

Repeat. It is my personal thought. The app is incredible good also now!
    11-25-13 06:30 AM
    All of this is now using a built-in GSF ID.
    Can we still enter our own GSFID and Google login? If you can't figure out how to aquire a gsf id, you really have no business installing untested apks anyway..

And I see it in the op, but how about carrier information? Vlc and reebee for example are unavailable without it.
    11-25-13 08:36 AM
    WOW! Excuse me while I clean up brain matter from my desk as my head just EXPLODED! I started doing this, got to the Genymotion part, dropping the files onto the Genymotion VM box "whatever that is and mentally locked up. I think I'm in over my head, and I consider myself above average in this area. How about developing a "laymans" version? There are some apps I want, but can't get them.
    11-25-13 11:11 AM
    ^ Absolutely the same from me.

I've given up on trying to use an emulator to get the GSF# and am now continually refreshing this page in anticipation of the next version of Snap where the GSF# is the one built in the phone.
    11-25-13 12:16 PM
    ^ Absolutely the same from me.

I've given up on trying to use an emulator to get the GSF# and am now continually refreshing this page in anticipation of the next version of Snap where the GSF# is the one built in the phone.
    Here guys, Samsung Galaxy 4.2.2 API 17 with google apps

You don't need to install genymotion to run this, just virtual box. Google apps are already installed, so there is yet another step eliminated.

Use that image with virtual box it's simple.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 12:30 PM

This is really great stuff. Are we actually going to be able to buy and pay for Play Store app legally? This would be a real game changer. You should sell this app rather than making available for free, I think it's only fair that you get reworded for this fantastic work.
    C

Posted via CB10
    James provided a link in the OP to donate via Paypal. I suggest you use it, if you haven't already done so.
    11-25-13 01:18 PM
    James provided a link in the OP to donate via Paypal. I suggest you use it, if you haven't already done so.
    Found it, James is getting my contribution now.
    C

Posted via CB10
    jamespaulmuir likes this.
    11-25-13 04:47 PM
    I don't have PayPal but when he releases the updated version I'm down for a donation somehow. Been saying that since the beginning of this thread... we need more people on board bb10 like you

Question. I heard sometime in the next year they will have ios running on android. Does that mean we can have ios running on android running on bb10

Posted by CB11
    anon5993996 and jamespaulmuir like this.
    11-25-13 06:43 PM
    Love the "Donate" button. Just had to try it out
    charliechan likes this.
    11-25-13 08:44 PM
    Just donated 5 bucks.

I know that seems like a lot for an app but this idea and his continued support is totally worth it to me.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 05:26 AM
    Donated 10, thx for all the hard work
    11-26-13 07:16 AM
    Awesome app, thank you!

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 07:33 AM
    Not really sure why it says "Choice Phone" as the carrier but check out how awesome this is!!!

You can install (probably also even PURCHASE) apps from google play website and click "Install on {your BlackBerry}".

Next time you open up Snap, it will notify you that they are ready to download!

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-screen-shot-2013-11-25-9.06.44-pm.jpg

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-screen-shot-2013-11-25-9.07.07-pm.png

I'm going to blow $0.99 and try purchasing an app. I'll let you know how it goes!
    11-26-13 10:29 AM
    Not really sure why it says "Choice Phone" as the carrier but check out how awesome this is!!!

You can install (probably also even PURCHASE) apps from google play website and click "Install on {your BlackBerry}".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-11-25 at 9.06.44 PM.jpg 
Views:	2630 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	224427

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-11-25 at 9.07.07 PM.png 
Views:	2632 
Size:	331.8 KB 
ID:	224428

I'm going to blow $0.99 and try purchasing an app. I'll let you know how it goes!
    Wow! What about apps already purchased?

STL100-3 10.2.1.1055 CB10
    11-26-13 11:05 AM
    Any chance of releasing a beta of your current work?
    Keep up the great work, I will be donating later today.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 11:08 AM
    ready to donate for such fantastic job and of course another support for availability to install bar.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 11:13 AM
    The "install on my device" from Google Play store would be huge if it worked with paid apps as well. Would be interesting if we were able to get updates on installed apps this way as well. Nice work!
    11-26-13 11:29 AM

Release it plssss... or open beta testing for some!
    11-26-13 11:46 AM
    don't rush it guys, we don't want him to stop doing this! it's too awesome to stop!
    11-26-13 11:51 AM
    Just donated 5 bucks.

I know that seems like a lot for an app but this idea and his continued support is totally worth it to me.

Posted via CB10
    It's a myth that apps shouldn't be worth more than a few bucks. Why don't we have game-apps comparable to Nintendo Gameboy Games in both quality and complexity? It's because people think an app has to be priced around 0,99-4,99. That's just plain wrong. If having access to play store means as much to one like playing Gta5 to another one, then why should a few bucks be too much to donate for the first one while the other one spends 60 bucks on Gta?

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 12:12 PM
    I have a couple of apps that I would love to run on my phone; particularly the U-verse app so I can watch recorded and live TV on my Z10. Unfortunately, when it starts to download I get an error message saying "Download Error. Please try again later."

I have found that trying again later never works. Is this indicative of BB10 missing some Google structure required for these apps?
    11-26-13 05:42 PM
    I have a couple of apps that I would love to run on my phone; particularly the U-verse app so I can watch recorded and live TV on my Z10. Unfortunately, when it starts to download I get an error message saying "Download Error. Please try again later."

I have found that trying again later never works. Is this indicative of BB10 missing some Google structure required for these apps?

If it's a download error, more likely it is an issue with the ID or credentials you are using to retrieve the APK.
    11-26-13 10:37 PM
3,312 ... 3031323334 ...