JUST SUCCESSFULLY GENERATED a GSF ID from within Snap!!!!

Thought I'd share! I'm hoping to get this update out by the end of the weekend!

I was also able to wire up the GSF ID (and therefore locale, country, and carrier) to the Search results.

Also coming:
    • Browse by Category
    • View full details of all apps
    • UI enhancements
    • Performance enhancements
    • Background Downloads (meaning you can browse around while downloading, you'll still need to have the app running)
    Awesome news. Looking forward to it. Great work man.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    11-23-13 05:24 AM
    Anyone able to download the momentcam apk file? It is about 20Mb and it keeps failing the download around the 18Mb mark and says try again later.
    At least SirJes and I downloaded and installed that fine using Snap.
    11-23-13 05:56 AM
    I have read the 1mobile cab see what android apps you have installed on your phone and can notify if a newer one is available. Any chance to add that functionality?

Great job on this app. Very much appreciate it. I plugged in my HTC One gsf ID and it works like a charm.

The only stuff that does not load are the Google dependant apps - Uber, Pandora

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 09:00 AM
    hi,
    i downloaded snap, how do I get GSF ID? I have downloaded Android Device ID app and it tells me your device do not have GSF / GTALK ..
    11-23-13 07:37 PM
    hi,
    i downloaded snap, how do I get GSF ID? I have downloaded Android Device ID app and it tells me your device do not have GSF / GTALK ..
    Try reading the thread
    saxxman, Qrackin and Bdot-1 like this.
    11-23-13 08:10 PM
    Try reading the thread

Actually the first post would suffice.
    Djlatino likes this.
    11-23-13 08:16 PM
    This is great news.. Although too fast, I just killed 2 hrs last week creating a VM and 4.4 droid lol. Slow down will ya. Let me have my "time we'll spent" period

Posted by CB11
    11-23-13 08:55 PM
    took me some time but got it. happy now installed my apps
    11-23-13 09:12 PM
    Great....enjoying it.... better than all available Apk stores....thanks..now my BlackBerry is having 2 stores...haha Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 09:29 PM
    Great app and kudos to the developer

Now, I am not even going to try rebooting my phone before the next leak as with Android apps loaded, my phone hangs at 100% at the blue BBRY logo and I have to reload the OS.
    11-23-13 09:39 PM
    Awesome! This thread, and a few other threads about this leak, made me finally take the plunge and load my first leaked OS...Thanks to everyone who put the effort into sharing all this knowledge, now I have Instagram, Netflix, Skydrive (upload works, download works!), Red Laser, Pocket, Coupon Sherpa, Stitcher, and most importantly...Secure Safe! Now I don't need to save my passwords in Password Keeper on my Z10 AND Secure Safe on my iPhone(so I have them backed up instantly online)...All these apps I mentioned are working perfectly btw :-) (edit: the voice search in Red Laser doesn't work- but who cares!) oh, and one more thing- if you go to the settings page in Netflix, under Version, its says "model: Z10" ...isn't that interesting? My gut feeling tells me there's something big coming... (edit: I forgot to say thanks to Snap creator too)
    Last edited by westsidedelivery; 11-24-13 at 09:26 AM.
    11-23-13 10:37 PM
    Awesome! This thread, and a few other threads about this leak, made me finally take the plunge and load my first leaked OS...Thanks to everyone who put the effort into sharing all this knowledge, now I have Instagram, Netflix, Skydrive (upload works, download works!), Red Laser, Pocket, Coupon Sherpa, Stitcher, and most importantly...Secure Safe! Now I don't need to save my passwords in Password Keeper on my Z10 AND Secure Safe on my iPhone(so I have them backed up instantly online)...All these apps I mentioned are working perfectly btw :-) oh, and one more thing- if you go to the settings page in Netflix, under Version, its says "model: Z10" ...isn't that interesting? My gut feeling tells me there's something big coming... (edit: I forgot to say thanks to Snap creator too)
    The model name will say z10 on all android apps :P
    11-23-13 10:59 PM
    Reading out GSF directly from the BB is awesome! No more hunting ID's from virtual devices!
    11-24-13 08:00 AM
    Reading out GSF directly from the BB is awesome! No more hunting ID's from virtual devices!
    Hey how do you do that? Please share. Tried using gsf from my ics DROID tablet but apps are not downloading. Oh I used Snap 1.5

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 09:31 AM
    Hey how do you do that? Please share. Tried using gsf from my ics DROID tablet but apps are not downloading. Oh I used Snap 1.5

Posted via CB10
    The Dev of Snap said he is going to implement that feature in the next release. The poster you quoted was just saying it's going to be cool once that feature is implemented.

11-24-13 09:36 AM
    The Dev of Snap said he is going to implement that feature in the next release. The poster you quoted was just saying it's going to be cool once that feature is implemented.

Oh I read that. Thought it was out already. Heard him say he was trying to put it out before the weekend was out.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 09:41 AM
    this thread needs to be pinned
    11-24-13 10:11 AM

It should still be possible to easily look up the GSF ID manually on Z10, because using a side-loaded android file explorer like "ES File Explorer" you can open the Android settings app of the installled Android runtime and there you should find the required ID. Please correct me if wrong, will try later after installing the latest OS leak.
    11-24-13 10:27 AM
    So why is Snap unable to find Google Play services (com.google.android.gms)?
    Please include the ability to download GPS in an upcoming release!

SQN100-1 + 10.2.1.1055 | STA100-3 + 10.2.1.1055
    11-24-13 11:12 AM
    Is there a way to install with higher res icons?

Mine are all low res after installing.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 12:28 PM
    I think that is a function of the BB installer. Not Snap
    11-24-13 02:29 PM
    Hey everyone!

New version is not quite ready but is going to be a HUGE update!

Snap is styled based on BlackBerry World if you are thinking why it looks familiar.

Below are some teaser screenshots of the new version. All of this is now using a built-in GSF ID.

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_00001230.png Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_00001231.png Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_00001233.png Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_00001227.png Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_00001226.png Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_00001225.png
    11-25-13 01:38 AM
    Beautiful... looks exactly like BlackBerry World but offcourse with useful Apps!

Release it soon, plss.

Appreciate all your efforts!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 02:20 AM
    All I would say is... don't copy look-and-feel too closely. Don't want to attract any more scrutiny than is already the case.

Oh and one item on my personal wishlist: some way to see the version/build of what I am downloading.

Besides basic knowledge, there are some specific needs.

For example, I'm currently using the ID from my Android tablet, which runs IceCreamSandwich. I like it this way, because all the stuff is associated with that account. However there might be cases that I would get a more modern version of an app - ie something designed for JellyBean and above - if I used a different ID associated with a different OS, or screen characteristics. (Looks like your new screenshots do show the numerical version, but does this also include which branch of the app, ie OS compatibility branches?)

That way, I can know if it's worth my time to use a different ID to grab that package, if it would get me something better than my existing ID would get.

Thanks.
    11-25-13 02:28 AM
    James, the screenshots indicates you have really been hard at work, well done. I personally love the look and feel. Don't change it for whatever reason please. Talking about scrutiny from BlackBerry, it's not as if they are ever going to allow it in BBworld. So please don't change anything from the looks. It's perfect. Great work man.

Last edited by dustmalik; 11-25-13 at 06:19 AM.
    11-25-13 04:25 AM
3,312 ... 2930313233 ...