I'm up for making people any id they need, so you all don't have to download genymotiom

Posted via CB10
    ramaputra likes this.
    11-20-13 12:52 PM
    But that requires giving me an email and login, so not sure how many people are up for it, but you can BBM me if you want me to make you an gsf id.

BBM 24EF8311

Posted via CB10
    ramaputra likes this.
    11-20-13 12:57 PM
    Genymotion is a great and stylish solution, but to simply get the ID way too complicated for many users

Follow these simple 3 steps to get your ID for Snap (Windows PC/Laptop only!)

1)
    Download Oracle Virtual Box from here:
    http://download.virtualbox.org/virtu...-88781-Win.exe
    and install it

2)
    Download the Samsung Galaxy image from here:
    http://files.genymotion.com/dists/4....37_w_gapps.ova

3)
    Open Virtual Box
    You will see a welcome screen
    Click on File > Import Appliance
    And import the file genymotion_vbox86p_4.2.2_130923_154637_w_gapps.ova which you have downloaded in step 2
    This takes a minute or two and you see now your new virtual machine genymotion
    Select it and click on start
    Android is booting up, select English as your language and click on start
    Now you will be asked for your Google account.
    Set it up and complete the setup process
    Now open the Play Store on the virtual device and search for:
    Device ID
    The first search result with the green android robot is yours (Device ID by REDPHX)
    Install it
    Open the app and here is your device ID which you need for Snap
    Chase_Manley and Boight like this.
    11-20-13 01:27 PM
    I followed all the steps to acquire a GSF ID through Genymotion. When I open up Snap and it asks for my Google credentials as well as the ID, I input it but it says "Invalid Login Credentials". I tried both the GSF ID and the Device ID but it returns the same error. Is it because I have 2-step verification on Google?
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    11-20-13 01:47 PM
    Creating a genymotion with 4.2.2 makes the play store have no connection. If I make it with 4.3, I have a connection...da hell. in thinking because it's 4.3, it keeps downloading the wrong Facebook version...I dunno. Gonna try an older frameworks zip...

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 01:53 PM
    Double post....
    11-20-13 01:53 PM
    Creating a genymotion with 4.2.2 makes the play store have no connection. If I make it with 4.3, I have a connection...da hell. in thinking because it's 4.3, it keeps downloading the wrong Facebook version...I dunno. Gonna try an older frameworks zip...

Posted via CB10
    You have to use the right version of g apps in the Vm to get it to connect

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 02:51 PM
    Genymotion is a great and stylish solution, but to simply get the ID way too complicated for many users

Follow these simple 3 steps to get your ID for Snap (Windows PC/Laptop only!)

1)
    Download Oracle Virtual Box from here:
    http://download.virtualbox.org/virtu...-88781-Win.exe
    and install it

2)
    Download the Samsung Galaxy image from here:
    http://files.genymotion.com/dists/4....37_w_gapps.ova

3)
    Open Virtual Box
    You will see a welcome screen
    Click on File > Import Appliance
    And import the file genymotion_vbox86p_4.2.2_130923_154637_w_gapps.ova which you have downloaded in step 2
    This takes a minute or two and you see now your new virtual machine genymotion
    Select it and click on start
    Android is booting up, select English as your language and click on start
    Now you will be asked for your Google account.
    Set it up and complete the setup process
    Now open the Play Store on the virtual device and search for:
    Device ID
    The first search result with the green android robot is yours (Device ID by REDPHX)
    Install it
    Open the app and here is your device ID which you need for Snap
    This is for 4.2.2 right. Can we get 4.2.3?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 06:13 PM
    This is for 4.2.2 right. Can we get 4.2.3?

Posted via CB10
    You would need a different device image if I remember correctly.
    11-20-13 06:36 PM
    There's a way to get 4.3 but that's a few steps extra, and since most are saying getting genymotion is too much, I don't think they would want to go through with it

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 06:38 PM
    This rocks, I tried bluestacks a while back with no luck and just tried the genymotion method but had no luck. I updated to the latest vbox and loaded the samsung galaxy image and it worked like a charm. Im sure someone will make available an image with 4.3 in the near future. Great job OP.
    11-20-13 06:48 PM
    Meh. I decided to just use the ID from my gf's GS4. It works perfect now.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 06:52 PM
    This rocks, I tried bluestacks a while back with no luck and just tried the genymotion method but had no luck. I updated to the latest vbox and loaded the samsung galaxy image and it worked like a charm. Im sure someone will make available an image with 4.3 in the near future. Great job OP.
    I had the same issue with the full Genymotion installer. It has a down rev Virtual Box that isn't compatible with the Genymotion software. I guess the same people test their software as healthcare.gov
    11-20-13 06:53 PM
    Netflix, insagram, vine, and candy crush saga aren't downloading for me. They just get stuck on the preparing download screen.... I don't understand. I downloaded snapchat and steam just fine but the others don't work. Someone told me it's because the device i chose was incompatible? I redownloaded snap and I also used a different gsf id from a different device, both were running 4.2.2.... help! Do i just have to use the google chrome method do sideload??? I thought snap was supposed to make it easy but I had to jump through so many hoops just to get the gsf ID! If someone can help I would appreciate it
    11-20-13 07:33 PM
    Soooo. What's everyone been downloading? I'm a blackberry guy so have never known what the popular apps are and why people are using them.

Posted by CB11
    +1

Need suggestion for app downloads, done Google Maps and Canada Post

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 07:55 PM
    Guys a dun app to me, is moment camera

Here's what it can do.

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-momancamera_20131120_142400.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Djlatino, pfl4ume, Bdot-1 and 1 others like this.
    11-20-13 08:09 PM
    +1

Need suggestion for app downloads, done Google Maps and Canada Post

Posted via CB10
    Give Shazam a try.

Posted via CB10
    nothingworks likes this.
    11-20-13 09:19 PM
    Just downloaded 1.5 and signed in with my 4.2.2 GSF. Flawless so far. DL a test app and installed with no issues. Maybe some other apps fail? But this one worked. Awesome app! Thanks!
    11-20-13 09:39 PM
    using a legit gsfid that ive pulled off of one of my android phones i have lying around, but the download just sits at preparing download. not entered wrong as it is a straight copy and paste. anyone know what might be wrong?
    11-20-13 09:50 PM
    using a legit gsfid that ive pulled off of one of my android phones i have lying around, but the download just sits at preparing download. not entered wrong as it is a straight copy and paste. anyone know what might be wrong?
    You have to be using the same Google account on Snap that you have on your Android phone.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    11-20-13 10:49 PM
    You have to download and install the Androik SDK as well from here:
    Android SDK | Android Developers
    Then you can enter the path, e.g. C:\Program Files\Android SDK\sdk and will be able to install the Google Apps.

Maybe it' s a lot easier if you don't use Genymotion but just Virtual Box with the image provided here:
    Samsung Galaxy 4.2.2 API 17 with google apps
    This image has already the Play Store included so there is no need for Android SDK
    Thanks mate. giving up on Genymotion stuff, too many steps to go through just to get an GSF ID. I used the virtual box image there and done in less than 5 minutes. Thanks again!
    11-20-13 10:56 PM
    Guys a dun app to me, is moment camera

Here's what it can do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MomanCamera_20131120_142400.jpg 
Views:	3407 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	222826

Posted via CB10
    apologies for the tangent.

looks fun, but i'm only seeing addons for this, what is the name exactly, or maybe a screenshot of the actual app icon?
    dollface likes this.
    11-21-13 12:03 AM
    apologies for the tangent.

looks fun, but i'm only seeing addons for this, what is the name exactly, or maybe a screenshot of the actual app icon?
    Momentcam
    First one on the list

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20131118.png

Posted via CB10
    dollface likes this.
    11-21-13 12:50 AM
    Thanks for your hard work! This app is quite nice. My only criticism would be that its kind of a PITA to do all the stuff to get a GSF ID, but I did it, and it already looks like you're trying to make that easier. Thanks for that, too. Looking forward to using this, and I know I will quite a bit. I already downloaded Instagram, which is the one app I mostly use from Android, but there are some games I've been hooked on since 10.2.1.1055 has come out.

Thanks again. Looking forward to your updates.

P.S. Have you submitted to BB World for approval, or waiting to add more features first?

Edit: I didn't read through thread, just the OP. Maybe other people have made it easier to get GSF ID's.
    11-21-13 01:30 AM
    the easiest way to get GSF ID is download "Tapjoy Device ID" from 1Mobile.com, and install directly to your BB10
    Derlitz and skirocket like this.
    11-21-13 01:39 AM
3,312 ... 2627282930 ...