?? im going to download this app into my mobile so i have to sideload it or is there an apk for it

?? plus each time you release an update i should come into here and sideload the update again or it will update from the app it self

?? is it better than 1mobile app
    11-19-13 04:26 AM
    ?? im going to download this app into my mobile so i have to sideload it or is there an apk for it

?? plus each time you release an update i should come into here and sideload the update again or it will update from the app it self

?? is it better than 1mobile app
    There is no APK file since it isn't an android app...it is a BB10 app that isn't in BlackBerry App World, ergo the necessity for the side-load.

You will need to delete and then side-load the new one each time there is a new release.

It uses your own Google account to search the Google Play Store for these apps...so I would think it is better than 1mobile.

Mmm...CB10! Just the tip, though!
    11-19-13 04:38 AM
    If you have a GSF ID from an old device (eg 2.2) you will only get applications for that Android version number. The solution is a three posts above yours.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    My GSF ID is 4.3 genymotion device.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:24 AM
    Quick questions...
    For those of you that are running the latest Andriod jellybean/device id using genymotion or Virtual Box.
    If you already have Google Maps installed (link below)
    What version of Google Maps are you running??
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pps.maps&hl=en

I ask because I have device ID using bluestacks and I am have version 7.4.0
    I would hate to go through the trouble of installing an updated device id and just to find out that I would have installed the same Google Maps version.

Thanks for your feedback.
    I'm running v7.3, downloaded it from a site somewhere in the net.
    For Google maps it's very simple to get the apk:
    Open Google
    Type in "Google maps VERSION NO apk android 4.2.2"
    Choose a site
    Download

That's how I got mine. For v7.3 I only found an apk for android 4.3 and one for 4.0.3 and later, so I installed the 4.0.3 and later version.

Posted via CB10

Edit:
    Just updated to 7.4 through Snap
    11-19-13 05:55 AM
    Thanks a tonne OP.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 07:50 AM
    Love this app. It would be nice to have the download dialog look the same as the Blackberry APK installer dialog, displaying the software version, size of app and then the app description.
    11-19-13 01:59 PM
    And can the app cook me dinner too??
    11-19-13 02:00 PM
    Installed and works like a CHARM! Give this man bells!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 02:01 PM
    Request : Custom download destination, example Media Card

Then I wont have to download apks after new leaks

Posted via CB10
    VR6 likes this.
    11-19-13 02:03 PM
    Request : Custom download destination, example Media Card

Then I wont have to download apks after new leaks

Posted via CB10
    Device/downloads
    You can use file manager to move them to sd in the meantime.
    But the ability to choose would be better, you're right.
    11-19-13 02:11 PM
    Installed and works like a CHARM! Give this man bells!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah......jamespaulmuir rocks! :-) So great...so easy....so functional...thank you man!
    11-19-13 02:44 PM
    jamespaulmuir,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, if it has I apologize.. I notice snap seems to be filtering paid apps from search results.. this made sense when it uses Paul's blog api, but now that users are entering their own credentials they may actually own said apps and be able to download them.

I don't suggest you allow anyone to download a paid app for free by any means, and I don't imagine you'll be able to process payment for Google play from snap, but I'd suggest if possible you display all results and replace the download button with a red dummy button that says paid on paid apps unless said as has already been purchased on the account that's logged in. Folks might already have paid for an app on another device, or they can process the payment from the browser then then return to snap to download. Currently the google chrome extension I believe you said you reverse engineered for this app does support downloading of paid versions IF they are already owned.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Lendo; 11-19-13 at 06:15 PM.
    11-19-13 03:52 PM
    jamespaulmuir,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, if it has I apologize.. I notice snap seems to be filtering paid apps from search results.. this made sense when it uses Paul's blog api, but now that users are entering their own credentials they may actually own said apps and be able to download them.

I don't suggest you allow anyone to download a paid app for free by any means, and I don't imagine you'll be able to process payment for Google play from snap, but I'd suggest if possible you display all results and replace the download button with a red dummy button that says paid on paid apps unless said as has already been purchased on the account that's logged in. Folks might already have paid for an app on another device, or they can process the payment from the browser then then return to snap to download. Currently the google chrome extension I beleive you said you reverse engineered for this app does support downloading of paid versions IF they are already owned.

Posted via CB10
    I would have filtered them too because they probably won't work. Paid apps check framework services to verify purchases if recall correctly. Frameworks we don't have.
    11-19-13 04:17 PM
    I would have filtered them too because they probably won't work. Paid apps check framework services to verify purchases if recall correctly. Frameworks we don't have.
    I was just about to say that
    11-19-13 04:50 PM
    I was just about to say that
    this isn't for all apps though. i have some purchased apk's i was able to use (and of course some that didn't work).. i would say don't filter them and if they don't work, they don't work.. no different that the apps that show up that don't work that aren't filtered.
    just_luc likes this.
    11-19-13 05:03 PM
    Here's Google maps 7.3.0 apk.. tested and works . The big green button
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23159073880935194
    Cheers

Posted by CB11
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 11-19-13 at 08:58 PM.
    Pdinos3 and SteelGreek like this.
    11-19-13 05:41 PM
    Here's Google maps 7.3.0 apk.. tested and works
    http://m14.androidfilehost.com/downl...ction=download
    Cheers

Posted by CB11
    Hmmm, anyone else getting a javascript error when they click on that link?
    11-19-13 07:55 PM
    Managed to get my Z10's device ID through the APK for Evozi Device ID. Snap accepts the ID, but attempting to download just hangs at "Preparing Download."

Sorry if it's already been addressed. I checked the FAQ's at the beginning again and I checked the past couple of pages and didn't see it, but there are probably 5-10 pages in the middle that I didn't sift through.
    11-19-13 08:36 PM
    Hmmm, anyone else getting a javascript error when they click on that link?
    Ya sorry here Google Maps 7.3
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23159073880935194

Not sure why blackberry browser generated that last link

Posted by CB11
    11-19-13 08:54 PM
    Managed to get my Z10's device ID through the APK for Evozi Device ID. Snap accepts the ID, but attempting to download just hangs at "Preparing Download."

Sorry if it's already been addressed. I checked the FAQ's at the beginning again and I checked the past couple of pages and didn't see it, but there are probably 5-10 pages in the middle that I didn't sift through.
    The GSF ID is what is needed, and the Z10 does not have one if you run the app. Basically, we need to be able to spoof a legit GSF ID, so you need a 4.2.2 device you can sign into your google play account with and then retrieve it using the Device ID app.

Because not everyone has extra devices lying around, the folks here have figured out a way to use what looks like a virtual device to fake it to be able to come up with the GSF ID. I had an old HP Touchpad that I used instead.
    11-19-13 09:01 PM
    Here guys, Samsung Galaxy 4.2.2 API 17 with google apps

You don't need to install genymotion to run this, just virtual box. Google apps are already installed, so there is yet another step eliminated.
    Thanks!

This is the only thing that worked for me, couldn't get the other method to work. Playstore kept faulting NO CONNECTION .

Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:14 PM
    jamespaulmuir,

I don't suggest you allow anyone to download a paid app for free by any means, and I don't imagine you'll be able to process payment for Google play from snap, but I'd suggest if possible you display all results and replace the download button with a red dummy button that says paid on paid apps unless said as has already been purchased on the account that's logged in. Folks might already have paid for an app on another device, or they can process the payment from the browser then then return to snap to download. Currently the google chrome extension I believe you said you reverse engineered for this app does support downloading of paid versions IF they are already owned.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I have several paid apps in Google Play that I am unable to download. But I love Snap, thank you so much for making and sharing it.
    11-19-13 09:34 PM
    Can't wait to give 1.5 a shot. I have an id. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:29 PM
    Got this set up again and it is working great! Thanks a lot OP. Great app!
    11-19-13 10:56 PM
    Here guys, Samsung Galaxy 4.2.2 API 17 with google apps

You don't need to install genymotion to run this, just virtual box. Google apps are already installed, so there is yet another step eliminated.
    How do you run this?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 11:12 PM
3,312 ... 2425262728 ...