Posted via CB10
    I believe the Beatles said that actually

Posted via CB10
    SaraVibes and blockbuy like this.
    11-18-13 04:22 PM
    Doesn't work

Posted via CB10
    It works, just messes up account settings

Sent from my Mind Controlled BerryLeak Hybrid running Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1184 while being the GREATEST
    11-18-13 04:30 PM
    It works, just messes up account settings

Sent from my Mind Controlled BerryLeak Hybrid running Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1184 while being the GREATEST
    Crashes for me

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 04:31 PM
    paid apps reference frameworks in android that we don't have, if those become available, then you should be able to use paid apps.
    It works for me with my desktop app that I use to dl apk's. Ones i've previously purchased it allows me to dl the apk like any other, paid ones that I didn't purchase, it doesn't let me.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 04:41 PM
    Please add an answer to the account credentials privacy question I asked earlier ITT. Thanks.
    Oh right yes of course. In short, I'm not storing your Google password or sending it off site anywhere.

The password is only used to login and create an auth token from Google Play server. Once that portion is done, the password is discarded and the email and auth token are saved in the app's private storage.
    When you log out, both email and auth token are discarded.

I will get an official privacy policy soon and will add this info to the FAQ in the OP.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 04:57 PM
    I believe the Beatles said that actually

Posted via CB10
    I know right? Dude doesn't know what's going on.
    11-18-13 04:57 PM
    mate you legend!

I have been tearing my hair out trying to get that crappy genymotion to work!
    Me too...I could never get the full install package to work. Once I piecemealed it with suggestions I picked up around this thread, it worked like a hose. Not to be confused with hoser for you Canucks.
    11-18-13 05:22 PM
    I know right? Dude doesn't know what's going on.
    You're for real right? pttptppt was using a clever play on words - which everyone got.

Argo
    11-18-13 05:42 PM
    i wonder why I cant see that app when i use the very same Samsung machine he posted.....Wonder if its something to do with canada
    that could very well be it!
    11-18-13 05:47 PM
    Thank you very much! It's working great! I'm using an ID from my tablet that has ICS. So I understand some apps may not show up, but I have the correct Canadian storefront, and all the apps I need are there, so no big deal.
    11-18-13 06:29 PM
    Nvmnvmnvm upcoming lol, need to learn to read better
    11-18-13 07:59 PM
    Suggestion OP, auto open the kb on opening the app to search.

Fired from my Z10
    11-18-13 08:06 PM
    You're for real right? pttptppt was using a clever play on words - which everyone got.

Argo
    Omg I can't believe you're still going.
    You don't get it.
    11-18-13 08:15 PM
    I installed genymotion, it was a labour of love to make it work, good thing I am at home recovering from an injury or I would never have found the time... now it is all setup, I even managed to install Google play and register but, guess what, when I start it so that I can download the Device ID software it says that there is no connection even though the device simulator is connected to the Internet. What did I do wrong?!?!?!

Posted via CB10
    You're using the wrong version of Google apps try reloading another version, there were links at the bottom of the blog post the other thread links to

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:21 PM
    This requires reading - Ive tried to make it easier for you newbies - Please just take your time and read each step closely - it will take you about an hour

Here's a good link to getting Android 4.3 GSF ID using Oracle virtual machine - Follow it step by step and you will get your ID for SNAP
    The Complete Guide to Run Android 4.3 in VirtualBox - Make Tech Easier

Download Android 4.3.iso
    https://code.google.com/p/android-x8...5.iso&can=2&q=

Download virtual machine here
    https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads (I chose windows hosts)

I followed the directions step by step and got android running - downloaded Evozi Device ID and wrote down my GSF ID

Its not for the faint of heart but not too bad ---- "if you follow the directions - read - and go slow you'll be fine"
    INSIDE TIP - "right Ctrl" (actually means the CTRL button on the right side of your keyboard) - in case you don't read it
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 11-18-13 at 10:29 PM.
    iamkeeks and 00stryder like this.
    11-18-13 08:49 PM
    ughh after finally getting genymotion up and running and retrieving the device ID nothing on google play is compatible with the device lol what a waste of time should of just continued with bluestacks
    11-18-13 10:04 PM
    ughh after finally getting genymotion up and running and retrieving the device ID nothing on google play is compatible with the device lol what a waste of time should of just continued with bluestacks
    Try the steps outlined in the post right above yours. The process is shorter and simpler.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    Bdot-1 likes this.
    11-18-13 10:05 PM
    Seems that Snap downloads an outdated version of Facebook? I'm currently in the Facebook beta program or whatever it is & the app is updated often through Google Play. When I download via Snap it installs just fine but after logging in, it say's the version is outdated & I need to download the latest version....weird.
    11-18-13 10:07 PM
    Seems that Snap downloads an outdated version of Facebook? I'm currently in the Facebook beta program or whatever it is & the app is updated often through Google Play. When I download via Snap it installs just fine but after logging in, it say's the version is outdated & I need to download the latest version....weird.
    If you have a GSF ID from an old device (eg 2.2) you will only get applications for that Android version number. The solution is a three posts above yours.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    Bdot-1 likes this.
    11-18-13 10:09 PM
    Quick questions...
    For those of you that are running the latest Andriod jellybean/device id using genymotion or Virtual Box.
    If you already have Google Maps installed (link below)
    What version of Google Maps are you running??
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pps.maps&hl=en

I ask because I have device ID using bluestacks and I am have version 7.4.0
    I would hate to go through the trouble of installing an updated device id and just to find out that I would have installed the same Google Maps version.

Thanks for your feedback.
    11-18-13 10:31 PM
    Did you side load it? I can't get it to download from snap, although Google Earth downloaded fine

Posted by CB11
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 11-18-13 at 10:49 PM.
    11-18-13 10:36 PM
    Quick questions...
    For those of you that are running the latest Andriod jellybean/device id using genymotion or Virtual Box.
    If you already have Google Maps installed (link below)
    What version of Google Maps are you running??
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pps.maps&hl=en

I ask because I have device ID using bluestacks and I am have version 7.4.0
    I would hate to go through the trouble of installing an updated device id and just to find out that I would have installed the same Google Maps version.

Thanks for your feedback.
    I'm using a 4.2.2 GSF ID. Same version:
    Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20130876.png

Mmm...CB10! Just the tip, though!
    moh line likes this.
    11-18-13 10:47 PM
    My point is this, this is the reason apps are hanging at downloading. (They arent available for the device even if it shows in the search) but using my device id from bluestacks, i can download almost everything.
    Upon further investigation I can download these apps no problem. No hangups

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 02:39 AM
    Bruv you made my day Cuz i will share the love in Africa Blackberry YOU ROCK!
    11-19-13 03:11 AM
3,312 ... 2324252627 ...