that is just fantastic !! well done !!

Do you think you will be able to make a bridge between BB10 and the play store so that paid apps can check their licenses once installed?

Very big thx again
    11-18-13 01:50 PM
    Thanks! While that does make a ton of sense - the Android Device ID app i downloaded and installed does not show a 'Google Services ID.' So one more stupid question...what is the best way to obtain one of these?
    If you already have an Android device that has been used to login to Google Play, then you can use the device ID from that device (obtainable with various "device ID" apps), in combination with the email address and password you use to login to Google Play on that device.

Otherwise you can generate a "faux" device by running one of the Android emulators (Genymotion, Bluestacks) and obtain a Google Services ID from those.

Info on that process is posted in the first post of this thread.
    11-18-13 01:50 PM
    Thanks! While that does make a ton of sense - the Android Device ID app i downloaded and installed does not show a 'Google Services ID.' So one more stupid question...what is the best way to obtain one of these?
    It's a long process.

If you have an Android device already, just search the Google Play Store for "Evozi Device ID" and use the GSF ID hex number it gives.

If you DON'T have an Android device, you will have to download and install an Android emulator on your computer, log-in with your Google account in the emulator, search for and install "Evozi Device ID", and get the number from there. I don't have time to provide more detailed instructions, but I'm sure others can help you.

Also check out the linked guide in the OP, but the link posted ten or so posts up might be easier.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:56 PM
    Download and install Oracle Virtual Box
    Download the file shown in post #568
    Start Virtual Box
    Double click on the file you got from post #568

It should launch the virtual android device and ask you for your gmail account and password. Then go to the Play Store icon and search for an app called "Device ID." Click the install button and then open it. You will have a GSF ID.
    wolffkrieger and anon5993996 like this.
    11-18-13 02:08 PM
    Just added an FAQ to the original post. If you'd like anything added to it let me know!
    11-18-13 02:20 PM
    all right, all right, chill - there's a lot there and a very involved process - cant pick everything up in one hit

now what about the .apk's not installing using the chrome extension?

here's an example.
    Install com.bskyb.fbscore (1).apk: failure 500 'Package-Id'
    Because you can't install apks using the chrome extension, they need to be packaged as bar files
    blockbuy likes this.
    11-18-13 02:46 PM
    1. If it's in the OP, there is no excuse for asking, so dont tell me to chill. This is a major issue in this forum.

2. You don't sideload apk files. You sideload bar files.
    These can be loaded right from device if you have 10.2.1.
    This thread and the app it discusses only applies to 10.2.1.
    Didn't you read the OP??

3. If you don't know these ^, then this is probably not for you. Stick to blackberry world.
    To be honest, your attitude stinks
    11-18-13 02:59 PM
    To be honest, your attitude stinks
    Just let it be.
    blockbuy likes this.
    11-18-13 03:04 PM
    Because you can't install apks using the chrome extension, they need to be packaged as bar files
    doh, of course - just a copy and paste to device and install from there <slapshead>
    11-18-13 03:05 PM
    I see we will be able to search with our own accounts in a future release, does that mean we'll be able to access our own paid apps too?

Posted via CB10
    balders001 likes this.
    11-18-13 03:12 PM
    I see we will be able to search with our own accounts in a future release, does that mean we'll be able to access our own paid apps too?

Posted via CB10
    paid apps reference frameworks in android that we don't have, if those become available, then you should be able to use paid apps.
    11-18-13 03:20 PM
    Just let it be.
    Yours would too if threads you understand are being clogged up by people who don't.
    If you can't be bothered to read 100 words, leaks are too much work for you.

*edit* I meant to quote the post he quoted by blockbuy. You're all good chaz*
    11-18-13 03:21 PM
    Any chance we can get Snap in apk format for easy browser install?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:25 PM
    Any chance we can get Snap in apk format for easy browser install?

Posted via CB10
    Hahahaha
    First we want apk to bar, now it's bar to apk
    Loool
    I'm not laughing at you joker, it's the concept. I thought this too and I laughed then too.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-18-13 03:29 PM
    Hahahaha
    First we want apk to bar, now it's bar to apk
    Loool
    I'm not laughing at you joker, it's the concept. I thought this too and I laughed then too.
    Its pretty Sad we gotta sideload BLACKBERRY FILES but we can load direct ANDROID FILES WEIRD
    11-18-13 03:36 PM
    Its pretty Sad we gotta sideload BLACKBERRY FILES but we can load direct ANDROID FILES WEIRD
    To be fair, it's only bar's that are beta or would never be approved by BlackBerry world.
    Iphone can't even do that!
    11-18-13 03:44 PM
    To be fair, it's only bar's that are beta or would never be approved by BlackBerry world.
    Iphone can't even do that!
    I know its just weird. Like i understand why but BBRY just allow us to sideload Bars like whats going to happen there not that many.
    11-18-13 03:45 PM
    Yours would too if threads you understand are being clogged up by people who don't.
    If you can't be bothered to read 100 words, leaks are too much work for you.

*edit* I meant to quote the post he quoted by blockbuy. You're all good chaz*
    Still with the negative vibes - chill baby chill

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 03:48 PM
    Still with the negative vibes - chill baby chill

Posted via CB10
    Seriously though. It's 100 words.
    You've spent more time telling me to chill than you did understanding what you're posting about.
    11-18-13 03:54 PM
    Seriously though. It's 100 words.
    You've spent more time telling me to chill than you did understanding what you're posting about.
    And you seem to be filling up the thread with more words still ;-)

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 04:03 PM
    Download and install Oracle Virtual Box
    Download the file shown in post #568
    Start Virtual Box
    Double click on the file you got from post #568

It should launch the virtual android device and ask you for your gmail account and password. Then go to the Play Store icon and search for an app called "Device ID." Click the install button and then open it. You will have a GSF ID.
    mate you legend!

I have been tearing my hair out trying to get that crappy genymotion to work!
    11-18-13 04:05 PM
    Just added an FAQ to the original post. If you'd like anything added to it let me know!

Please add an answer to the account credentials privacy question I asked earlier ITT. Thanks.
    11-18-13 04:12 PM
    And you seem to be filling up the thread with more words still ;-)

Posted via CB10
    You have lots of time for my pointless words, what's another 100 useful ones?
    (o Y o)
    11-18-13 04:17 PM
    As Chaz says, let it be.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 04:20 PM
    Yeah boy!!!!
    Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_00001640.png

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 04:21 PM
3,312 ... 2223242526 ...