Muchas Gracias!
    works perfectly and much faster
    Just lost my one eyed mood Wazer (Special one)

2nd update. Trying to use speech search crashes Waze immediately. C'est la vie
    Last edited by Shrekmachine; 11-18-13 at 10:59 AM.
    11-18-13 10:33 AM
    I am logged in and can download but apks are nowhere to be found on my device. Any thoughts?
    Check your device\downloads folder.

STL100-3 10.2.1.1055 CB10
    11-18-13 10:39 AM
    What a kickass app!! Keep the improvements coming OP.

Fired from my Z10
    11-18-13 10:50 AM
    I just discovered something. If you do a search for a space, it will come up with the top apps list in Google Play.

And inexplicably, if you search for nothing, it will come up with a list as if you'd searched for the word "unicorn". Random unicorn things like wallpapers and unicorn games. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    Lol weird, but cool. Maybe the OP loves unicorns?

Fired from my Z10
    Last edited by VR6; 11-18-13 at 06:30 PM.
    11-18-13 10:51 AM
    Here guys, Samsung Galaxy 4.2.2 API 17 with google apps

You don't need to install genymotion to run this, just virtual box. Google apps are already installed, so there is yet another step eliminated.
    NinjaB and nothingworks like this.
    11-18-13 10:52 AM
    What a kickass app!! Keep the improvements coming OP.

It is for sure :-)

Fired from my Z10
    11-18-13 10:52 AM
    I installed genymotion, it was a labour of love to make it work, good thing I am at home recovering from an injury or I would never have found the time... now it is all setup, I even managed to install Google play and register but, guess what, when I start it so that I can download the Device ID software it says that there is no connection even though the device simulator is connected to the Internet. What did I do wrong?!?!?!
    Can you please post which virtual device model you have exactly setup and which GAPPS version you have exactly installed?
    11-18-13 11:06 AM

You don't need to install genymotion to run this, just virtual box. Google apps are already installed, so there is yet another step eliminated.
    Now after you open your virtual machine, then open the play store on the virtual machine, then search Candy Crush...Is it there ? Im guessing NO.
    11-18-13 11:06 AM
    That requires that the device be connected to the computer. Since there is no real device, I never get the visibility option.

EDIT: I ran Google Play from within Genymotion and I was able to get to the settings. It wasn't obvious that I could do that as the emulator sometimes is slow building the screen and the gear icon was missing. However, Play Store still thinks Device ID is installed on the Bluestacks device and won't allow me to install on the Genymotion device...
    Last edited by hennesseystealth; 11-18-13 at 11:26 AM.
    11-18-13 11:07 AM
    Now after you open your virtual machine, then open the play store on the virtual machine, then search Candy Crush...Is it there ? Im guessing NO.
    I'm not sure. I was just after the GSF ID to use with Snap.. Every VM i created through genymotion was crashing upon initialization so i dug a bit deeper, found this, and got my ID...
    11-18-13 11:25 AM
    I'm not sure. I was just after the GSF ID to use with Snap.. Every VM i created through genymotion was crashing up initialization so i dug a bit deeper, found this, and got my ID...
    My point is this, this is the reason apps are hanging at downloading. (They arent available for the device even if it shows in the search) but using my device id from bluestacks, i can download almost everything.
    Last edited by molson0; 11-18-13 at 12:47 PM.
    11-18-13 11:28 AM
    Can you please post which virtual device model you have exactly setup and which GAPPS version you have exactly installed?
    Thanks but never mind, I used the file by immetchel above and it worked perfectly. By the way, I had installed a HCT One 4.2..2 17API, it came without Google Play so I had to install it as suggested at the beginning of the thread. It took forever to make it work, I logged in with a gmail account but every time I tried to launch google play it gave me an error message that said 'no connection - try again'. This in spite of having a connection on the virtual machine and for instance being able to use its browser.
    C
    11-18-13 11:39 AM
    Lol weird, but cool. Maybe the OP lives unicorns?

Fired from my Z10
    Haha definitely not my doing! I wonder if it's some sort of google easter egg (Google Play app on android won't let you search with a space or blank)
    11-18-13 11:44 AM
    OK, this is my issue. I have Genymotion running and the device is a Nexus running 4.2.2. However, when I go to Play Store it does not show that device. Before I can download Device ID I need Google Play Store to recognize that I have this device. I can't find anywhere to add this device. Any help???

EDIT: I thought I figured it out by just going to settings in Genymotion and adding an account. I used my gmail account like I used in Bluestacks but Genymotion will not complete the action. It says it can't connect to the gmail server...I think this is the correct thing to do but I can't get past the setup.

EDIT 2: I used the Samsung Galaxy 4.2.2 API 17 with google apps download and was able to download the GSF ID. For some reason I could never get this using the full Genymotion package.
    Last edited by hennesseystealth; 11-18-13 at 12:35 PM.
    balders001 likes this.
    11-18-13 11:45 AM
    My point is this, this is the reason apps are hanging at downloading. (They arent available for the device even if it shows in the search)
    aah i see. Yes you are correct. candy crush does not show up. instagram does but says it is unavailable for this device version.
    11-18-13 11:48 AM

Used this template. Worked awesome and now downloading APPS.
    anon5993996 likes this.
    11-18-13 11:59 AM
    Make sure you use the Google service framework ID not the android ID

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:36 PM
    aah i see. Yes you are correct. candy crush does not show up. instagram does but says it is unavailable for this device version.
    I used the Samsung one you posted and was able to dl candy crush saga............
    11-18-13 12:47 PM
    i wonder why I cant see that app when i use the very same Samsung machine he posted.....Wonder if its something to do with canada
    11-18-13 12:52 PM
    i wonder why I cant see that app when i use the very same Samsung machine he posted.....
    I also was able to see Instagram and got to the dl page. Didn't actually dl it, because I already have it.
    11-18-13 12:53 PM
    Quick question if anyone is up for it...sideloaded Snap yesterday and android device ID...got everything set up with my google account and 16 digit device ID...was searching through apps and tried to download some but nothing happened once i tapped 'download.' It would just sit there...pending download....so i removed the app and reinstalled it (as was suggested) - now i go through the set up again (google email, password, 16 digit device ID) - not I'm invalid...google actually sent me an email thinking i was trying to hack my own email...what gives?
    11-18-13 01:11 PM
    Quick question if anyone is up for it...sideloaded Snap yesterday and android device ID...got everything set up with my google account and 16 digit device ID...was searching through apps and tried to download some but nothing happened once i tapped 'download.' It would just sit there...pending download....so i removed the app and reinstalled it (as was suggested) - now i go through the set up again (google email, password, 16 digit device ID) - not I'm invalid...google actually sent me an email thinking i was trying to hack my own email...what gives?
    You used the wrong ID -- you want the Google Services ID, NOT the Android Device ID.

Both are 16 Hex characters, but only one works. The other will hang on "Preparing Download" as the validation fails.
    11-18-13 01:22 PM
    all right, all right, chill - there's a lot there and a very involved process - cant pick everything up in one hit

now what about the .apk's not installing using the chrome extension?

here's an example.
    Install com.bskyb.fbscore (1).apk: failure 500 'Package-Id'
    1. If it's in the OP, there is no excuse for asking, so dont tell me to chill. This is a major issue in this forum.

2. You don't sideload apk files. You sideload bar files.
    These can be loaded right from device if you have 10.2.1.
    This thread and the app it discusses only applies to 10.2.1.
    Didn't you read the OP??

3. If you don't know these ^, then this is probably not for you. Stick to blackberry world.
    11-18-13 01:28 PM
    Check your device\downloads folder.

STL100-3 10.2.1.1055 CB10
    Thanks for taking your time.
    Yeah I did that before writing my post. Seems like a bug...
    11-18-13 01:34 PM
    You used the wrong ID -- you want the Google Services ID, NOT the Android Device ID.

Both are 16 Hex characters, but only one works. The other will hang on "Preparing Download" as the validation fails.
    Thanks! While that does make a ton of sense - the Android Device ID app i downloaded and installed does not show a 'Google Services ID.' So one more stupid question...what is the best way to obtain one of these?
    11-18-13 01:41 PM
3,312 ... 2122232425 ...