Since this is tied to our own google accounts can we download apps we've paid for?
    You should be able to.
    11-17-13 10:13 PM
    I run a software company and the Genymotion install won't work because it didn't install the Oracle Virtual Box correctly. There must be an easier emulator because the average Joe isn't going to get this working. Genymotion defaults to the 64bit directory, so now I have to figure out if it is really a 64bit program or 32bit...
    BlueStacks App Player was what I used when I installed the extension.
    11-17-13 10:16 PM
    You should be able to.
    Just wondering if they'll show up in the search? He may not have it set up to search paid apps. I have never purchased an android app, could anyone who has possibly test it please?
    11-17-13 10:19 PM
    Pretty awesome!

Will mention I tried adding Play Store Services for kicks using Chrome APK extension to no avail.

Didn't really expect it to work anyway, but thought it was worth a shot.

Great job, OP. Keep up the good work (please, lol).

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:20 PM
    Since this is tied to our own google accounts can we download apps we've paid for?
    Yes BUT they probably won't run -- if they check for paid status with Google Play they DEFINITELY won't run.

They WILL show up in a search.
    pvphooman likes this.
    11-17-13 10:20 PM
    Just to sum up for people who don't know about this well. If you don't have an android device, you will need to run an emulator. The ID being asked for will only work if your google login (email address) is associated with an android device ID. If you have access to an android device, that's one way, if you own one that's the best. The only resort after that is software emulation and logging in through there to make the association. People trying to load play services and login services, there are multiple frameworks besides the obvious apk's you need, and they have to be edited to run. it's not impossible, but it's not anywhere near simple either. Paid apps will look for these frameworks to verify your account has actually purchased the app.
    TOfinest likes this.
    11-17-13 10:25 PM
    Yes BUT they probably won't run -- if they check for paid status with Google Play they DEFINITELY won't run.

They WILL show up in a search.
    I thought I had read that people had paid apps they sideloaded using the chrome extension working? Maybe I just made that up in my head. Oh well.
    11-17-13 10:25 PM
    Hey Guys!

You may know me from Flip Shush.

I built an app today that uses the api from Paul's blog to search the Google Play store.

Enjoy!

EDIT: New version available! Downloads now use your own Google Account and Android GSF ID!
    Version 1.5 now uses your own google account to download apps directly within Snap. After the download completes, the built-in apk installer is invoked.

LINK: How to get Android GSF iD (JB 4.2.2) - Guide

Latest Version: 1.5.1

Download: http://redlightoflove.com/ota/Snap-latest.bar

Mirrors:
    [url]https://mega.co.nz/#!wsMB3Yib!Od9nihDh1aqhR1m37958ahLV88JTPQd1nLhLdM5 t8Jo

Version 1.5.1 Changelog
    • Fixed hardcoded Google Account label on Settings screen

Version 1.5 Changelog
    • Fixed UI encoding issues
    • Fixed UI responsiveness
    • Login to gmail account
    • Input Android GSF ID
    • Generate APK Download Link
    • Download APK and invoke installer

Upcoming:
    • Future: Allow setting of Country and Carrier (currently hardcoded to USA/AT&T)
    • Future: Use logged-in google account for searching
    • Future: Add Google Play App Categories
    • Future: Add Google Play Top Apps
    • Future: List apps that are already installed
    • Future: Provide app update checker
    • Future: Look into the ability to generate/extract GSF ID from the Android Runtime on the device

Thanks for the awesome App!

It would be even better if I could return and continue searching for stuff while I downloaded a large app. I noticed that it cancelled the download when I went out.

I know these are early releases, I just thought that a progress thing like BB App World has would work so well! :-)

You Rock!
    11-17-13 10:27 PM
    Thanks for the awesome App!

It would be even better if I could return and continue searching for stuff while I downloaded a large app. I noticed that it cancelled the download when I went out.

I know these are early releases, I just thought that a progress thing like BB App World has would work so well! :-)

You Rock!
    Yes^

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:28 PM
    Just awesome..
    11-17-13 10:32 PM
    I just discovered something. If you do a search for a space, it will come up with the top apps list in Google Play.

And inexplicably, if you search for nothing, it will come up with a list as if you'd searched for the word "unicorn". Random unicorn things like wallpapers and unicorn games. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:42 PM
    I just discovered something. If you do a search for a space, it will come up with the top apps list in Google Play.

And inexplicably, if you search for nothing, it will come up with a list as if you'd searched for the word "unicorn". Random unicorn things like wallpapers and unicorn games. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    Nice touch dev.
    11-17-13 10:44 PM
    I thought I had read that people had paid apps they sideloaded using the chrome extension working? Maybe I just made that up in my head. Oh well.
    You can load it but if it checks for purchase (not all do) it won't run.
    11-17-13 10:44 PM
    Search paid apps doesn't work for me. eg swiftkey tapatalk pro
    Running paid apps does work. eg tapatalk pro
    11-17-13 10:46 PM
    Thanks for this OP / Dev, real good work you've done here.

I don't see any donation information so if I want to show a proper thanks should I just get a few of your paid apps?
    11-17-13 11:00 PM
    Hmm, have Bluestacks running and can download apps and run them, but can't see where to find the GSF ID? Log in only asked for email + password.
    11-17-13 11:04 PM
    in the emulator open the phone app, punch in #*#*8255*#*#
    there will be a device ID located under your email address, that's the GSF ID
    11-17-13 11:06 PM
    Well done! This works excellently.
    11-17-13 11:07 PM
    Or just download the application called Device ID from the Google Play Store. From within the emulator I mean.

Posted via CB10
    hennesseystealth likes this.
    11-17-13 11:11 PM
    As far as I can tell, there is no phone app in Bluestacks.
    11-17-13 11:13 PM
    Works like a charm. Took some finaigling to get the virtual device running properly but all good now.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
    11-17-13 11:13 PM
    Or just download the application called Device ID from the Google Play Store. From within the emulator I mean.

Posted via CB10
    That's the ticket Bat Man!

PS I would give you a thanks but that button isn't on your post.

EDIT: magically appeared...
    11-17-13 11:17 PM
    Downloaded Pandora and now rocking the UFO channel

Lights out, lights out in London....
    11-17-13 11:30 PM
    Works perfectly after I figured out i entered my ID wrong haha

Thanks for the app!
    SDTRMG likes this.
    11-17-13 11:37 PM
    the problem with bluestacks is that is runs on android 2.3.

Therefore, some apps that run on 4.0+ will not be available.
    11-17-13 11:45 PM
3,312 ... 1718192021 ...