AHA -- it has to be the Google SERVICES Id, not the Android Device ID. You should note this on the first post.

This means you CANNOT generate one using that other tool you posted for BB10 devices (the BAR file) because without signing into Google Play you don't get a GSF ID string.

Incidentally all of my PAID apps show up in the search (!!) and they download too! But while they will install they will not run because they can't verify that I bought them.

The person who gets the Services Framework to run will break that door wide open, incidentally, as then your paid apps will validate. So far my attempts haven't led to success and I suspect they won't -- from what I can figure out it appears it's in the code but turned off which precludes loading it as an APK file (which you could otherwise do.)
    Last edited by tickerguy; 11-17-13 at 09:39 PM.
    xiaohuaxing, SlcCorrado and Bdot-1 like this.
    11-17-13 09:27 PM
    It does allow pasting. But what if we've never logged into Google play but have a Google account(gmail)?

Via CB10 Runnin Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1055!
    I just used my Google + email and password and it worked. Where is that stinking paste function...I could have saved 10 seconds.
    11-17-13 09:29 PM
    I just used my Google + email and password and it worked. Where is that stinking paste function...I could have saved 10 seconds.
    Press down a few seconds in the field.

11-17-13 09:29 PM
    AHA -- it has to be the Google SERVICES Id, not the Android Device ID.

Which means you CANNOT generate one using that other tool you posted for BB10 devices (the BAR file) because without signing into Google Play you don't get a GSF ID string.
    So now what?

11-17-13 09:30 PM
    Press down a few seconds in the field.

Duh...
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    11-17-13 09:33 PM
    If you've been using the chrome extension you can just grab your id from that.
    11-17-13 09:34 PM
    So now what?

You need an Android device (or access to one where you can sign into your account on it) to get the GSF ID out of it, or you can load an emulator on your PC and sign in that way to generate one. You can't generate a GSF ID on a BB10 device at this point because the Google Services Framework is not available on the device.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    11-17-13 09:34 PM
    AHA -- it has to be the Google SERVICES Id, not the Android Device ID. You should note this on the first post.

This means you CANNOT generate one using that other tool you posted for BB10 devices (the BAR file) because without signing into Google Play you don't get a GSF ID string.

Incidentally all of my PAID apps show up in the search (!!) and they download too! But while they will install they will not run because they can't verify that I bought them.

The person who gets the Services Framework to run will break that door wide open, incidentally, as then your paid apps will validate. So far my attempts haven't led to success.....
    I guess you're right. I first tried with the ID I'd been using in the Chrome extension, but it doesn't work with the one I got from that application.
    11-17-13 09:38 PM
    If you've been using the chrome extension you can just grab your id from that.
    Where is it? I looked under the List Device Info section and didn't see anything looking like GSF ID.
    11-17-13 09:38 PM
    I guess you're right. I first tried with the ID I'd been using in the Chrome extension, but it doesn't work with the one I got from that application.
    Really? Mine works fine. I forget what the program I used to generate the id was. It was some sort of android emulator, but I went into chrome extensions, checked enable, clicked options, and there it was. It works perfectly for me.
    11-17-13 09:41 PM
    Where is it? I looked under the List Device Info section and didn't see anything looking like GSF ID.
    In chrome click settings - extensions - make sure your extension is enabled - click options. It should be listed.
    11-17-13 09:45 PM
    He's not talking about that Chrome extension, he's talking about this.
    11-17-13 09:47 PM
    Really? Mine works fine. I forget what the program I used to generate the id was. It was some sort of android emulator, but I went into chrome extensions, checked enable, clicked options, and there it was. It works perfectly for me.
    No, it works fine with the one I was using with this Chrome extension, but it wasn't working with the Evozi Device ID application I sideloaded.
    11-17-13 09:50 PM
    The chrome extension will work if you have the Android emulator loaded as you can sign into your Google Play account with it, and when you do that your GSF ID comes across.

You can't do it using the Evozi tool because the BB10 devices don't have the framework enabled and thus you can't log into Play. Without that there is no GSF ID string; the DEVICE ID is not the correct one and will not work (although it's the same length.)
    11-17-13 09:54 PM
    Works as expected..thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 09:59 PM
    In chrome click settings - extensions - make sure your extension is enabled - click options. It should be listed.
    OK, installed the APK Downloader and logged in using my Android Device ID and Google + email and password. But, the page that comes up next only has the same data and a log out button. So, I need the Android emulator from Genymotion?
    The chrome extension will work if you have the Android emulator loaded as you can sign into your Google Play account with it, and when you do that your GSF ID comes across.

You can't do it using the Evozi tool because the BB10 devices don't have the framework enabled and thus you can't log into Play. Without that there is no GSF ID string; the DEVICE ID is not the correct one and will not work (although it's the same length.)
    Which sucks, because installing an emulator to get a GSF ID is still beyond many people's abilities.
    OK, installed the APK Downloader and logged in using my Android Device ID and Google + email and password. But, the page that comes up next only has the same data and a log out button.
    No, you have to get your GSF Device ID by installing an Android emulator or by getting it from an Android device you own. That Chrome extension is for downloading application APK files directly from Google Play, similar to how Snap does it.
    11-17-13 10:02 PM
    Sorry... I totally misread this, I thought you said it didn't work WITH the extension. My bad.
    11-17-13 10:02 PM
    I used the same metrics I use to download android apps using Chrome and Snap works great for me.

You need to create a place where we can send money. This effort deserves to be supported.

Just Sayin'!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:04 PM
    OK, installed the APK Downloader and logged in using my Android Device ID and Google + email and password. But, the page that comes up next only has the same data and a log out button. So, I need the Android emulator from Genymotion?
    I meant that if you had already been using the extension, and had alreay set it up, THEN you could use the same ID.
    11-17-13 10:05 PM
    Working great here on z10 fro Rogers, Canada . Amazing app!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:08 PM
    Super gemacht! Danke!!! Funktioniert sehr gut!!!

BlackBerry for ever!
    11-17-13 10:11 PM
    Which sucks, because installing an emulator to get a GSF ID is still beyond many people's abilities.
    I run a software company and the Genymotion install won't work because it didn't install the Oracle Virtual Box correctly. There must be an easier emulator because the average Joe isn't going to get this working. Genymotion defaults to the 64bit directory, so now I have to figure out if it is really a 64bit program or 32bit...
    11-17-13 10:11 PM
    Hey Guys!
    EDIT: New version available! Downloads now use your own Google Account and Android GSF ID!
    Version 1.5 now uses your own google account to download apps directly within Snap. After the download completes, the built-in apk installer is invoked.
    Since this is tied to our own google accounts can we download apps we've paid for?
    11-17-13 10:12 PM
3,312 ... 1617181920 ...