For some reason, it loads, it searches, I select the app...but when I hit download nothing happens.
    Exact same problem I am having when I hit the download nothing happens, was able to download from amazon app store

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 10:01 PM
    Sorry for the silly question but how is this better than using say the amazon app store?
    I was wondering the same thing to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 10:04 PM
    Hi All,

So here's the scoop:

In order to download an APK from google play, a few things are required:
    • Google Account email address
    • Google Account password
    • Country
    • Carrier
    • Android Device ID

Long story short: Paul's Blog is using his own information (which I think his country is UK) and it seems there is a limit on how many apps can be downloaded in a short time period

I am frantically looking into the ability to save your own information (google account, device id, country, carrier) into Snap and use those to download apps directly from the Play store instead of depending on Paul's Blog API.

Stay tuned!
    Is there an a way to pull this info from a pre config'ed gmail account? And the other info from the device it's self?
    11-15-13 10:06 PM
    Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: input

Error on every download I try.
    I'm getting the same thing
    11-15-13 10:06 PM
    I was wondering the same thing to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    Some apps are not there, like directv

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 10:07 PM
    I'm getting the same thing
    Read. The dev just explained

Via CB10 Runnin Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1055!
    11-15-13 10:07 PM
    Sorry for the silly question but how is this better than using say the amazon app store?
    This app doesn't ask for any permissions and won't autoload or run if it's not in active frame.

STL100-3 10.2.1.1055
    11-15-13 10:09 PM
    #keepmovingforward #loveblackberry

Time to infest my phone with android malware. Jk

Thanks for this native app!

Cheating on my Q10 with Z10 10.2.1.1055
    11-15-13 10:11 PM
    Read. The dev just explained

Via CB10 Runnin Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1055!
    saw that after i posted.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    11-15-13 10:11 PM
    Now that we can download apks directly... be nice to do the same with bar files. Just saying. thanks for the app... quick response to something needed.

Posted via CB10
    pvphooman likes this.
    11-15-13 10:12 PM
    This is such a great idea and so quickly too! Hope the workaround come swiftly. Great job OP.
    11-15-13 10:17 PM
    Now that we can download apks directly... be nice to do the same with bar files. Just saying. thanks for the app... quick response to something needed.

Posted via CB10
    As in dev and/or leaked core apps that aren't in BlackBerry World and need to be sideloaded? You can, but you'll need to use something (PC, another device) as a proxy I believe. I'm not sure if BlackBerry has even made it possible to install a .bar-contained app directly onto devices from their own memory, likely to avoid possible security issues.

I guess a dev can chime in here to clarify? I figured it was because Android apps running on BB10 are done so in an enclosed environment and are less of a threat to the system.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 10:22 PM
    Remember that app called sideswipe (sp?) that could install bars directly from the phone?...but I think that app needed to be sideloaded!

STL100-3 10.2.1.1055
    00stryder likes this.
    11-15-13 10:29 PM
    Hi,

Great idea that you have put into a great app. I have the same issue here. Able to browse and get a result window will all the apps, but not able to download anything when I click the download button.

Hopefully just a small bug that can be sorted.
    Having the same issue. What's up??

Verizon Z10 running 10.2.1.1055
    11-15-13 10:34 PM
    Bug: Finds all the apps but it doesn't allow me to download the apks.

11-15-13 10:38 PM
    Thank you, Sir, you are legend! Suddenly feels my BlackBerry is allmighty super power smartphone LOL
    11-15-13 10:40 PM
    Awesome idea! Hope you get the bugs squashed

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 10:44 PM
    Bug: Finds all the apps but it doesn't allow me to download the apks.

Same here.... sort of makes it useless...

Verizon Z10 running 10.2.1.1055
    11-15-13 10:52 PM
    It's not a bug, he stated it's a download limit due to Paul's api. Why don't people read?

It's a native app, the dev made it for BlackBerry phones. Native apps run better than android ports. You don't have to use it, but show some decency towards the dev.

Posted via telegraph
    11-15-13 10:59 PM
    Doesn't work for me either.
    11-15-13 11:03 PM
    Man we broke Adams tool. I'd pay for an app to replace it... just sayin!

I actually froze when I got to the search screen earlier. I'm a blackberry guy. I accepted apps were limited and I got caught offguard when I realized that had all changed.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 11:05 PM
    Hi All,

So here's the scoop:

In order to download an APK from google play, a few things are required:
    [*]Google Account email address[*]Google Account password[*]Country[*]Carrier
    [*]Android Device ID

Long story short: Paul's Blog is using his own information (which I think his country is UK) and it seems there is a limit on how many apps can be downloaded in a short time period

I am frantically looking into the ability to save your own information (google account, device id, country, carrier) into Snap and use those to download apps directly from the Play store instead of depending on Paul's Blog API.

Stay tuned!
    I may be missing something but I do NOT have any Android Devices. So I would lack the Android Device ID. I would guess that would be the same for anyone who is solely BB???? Does that mean I am closed out of the Google Store and any chance of using this app or even gaining access to APK files on my own? I would still have to rely on others to download the apk (and like currently, the apk and BAR files).

But thanks for the app in any event.
    howarmat and gemoelle like this.
    11-15-13 11:05 PM
    I'm in Connecticut on T-Mobile & it doesn't work.
    Me too, and all I get is this:

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_00000003.png

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 11:07 PM
    I may be missing something but I do NOT have any Android Devices. So I would lack the Android Device ID. I would guess that would be the same for anyone who is solely BB???? Does that mean I am closed out of the Google Store and any chance of using this app or even gaining access to APK files on my own? I would still have to rely on others to download the apk (and like currently, the apk and BAR files).

Google: how to get Android Device ID, blue stacks.
    todbanner likes this.
    11-15-13 11:07 PM

yeah it can be done without owning one but you will have to do some work
    11-15-13 11:10 PM
3,312 ... 23456 ...