Disclaimer: I'm new to BlackBerry, so forgive my ignorance.

I don't know if I should download SNAP to my MacBook or to my phone. So, I did both. However, both don't open.

Then I saw that the app "Cascade" was made for BB10 found in the store, I checked, nope not there.

What do I do?

Thanks!! <3
    It is a BAR file, which means you can't just download it on your device and run it. You must side load the app, either by using sachesi to install or any other method for side loading. You could also try the "snap installer" program made by Cobalt, search the forums for that and you should have no problems.

Posted via CB10
    XOrlando likes this.
    02-21-15 07:22 AM
    It is a BAR file, which means you can't just download it on your device and run it. You must side load the app, either by using sachesi to install or any other method for side loading. You could also try the "snap installer" program made by Cobalt, search the forums for that and you should have no problems.

Posted via CB10

I used this and it worked pretty well.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k5PNF-WPTTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    02-21-15 09:57 AM
    Is anyone else having issues with the latest beta, on 10.3? I tried running it on my passport, it opens but then closes immediately. I tried restarting, same thing. Thanks
    02-24-15 07:31 AM
    Can I use the same Gmail account for both amazon store and Snap simultaneously?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 08:49 AM
    Does anyone know where do Snap 3 Beta 3 saves downloaded apk?

Sent from Mighty Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2267/2244
    02-24-15 09:02 AM
    Is anyone else having issues with the latest beta, on 10.3? I tried running it on my passport, it opens but then closes immediately. I tried restarting, same thing. Thanks
    Delete and reinstall should solve your problem. Delete previous version before installing beta 3 to avoid this.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 09:15 AM
    Can I use the same Gmail account for both amazon store and Snap simultaneously?
    Yes, these accounts are with two different companies.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 09:18 AM
    Delete and reinstall should solve your problem. Delete previous version before installing beta 3 to avoid this.

Posted via CB10
    I did that, still no go so I installed V2.0.0.2
    02-24-15 10:22 AM
    I apologize if the following question has already been asked many times.

Snap v2 used to download .apk files in the /downloads/ directory. What about Snap v3?
    03-03-15 12:35 AM
    I apologize if the following question has already been asked many times.

Snap v2 used to download .apk files in the /downloads/ directory. What about Snap v3?
    As far as I know that's one of the outstanding issues. Hopefully it will be sorted soon!
    03-03-15 08:09 AM
    A cool feature, not sure if it would be possible or not, is that if we browse to an app on the google play store website and hit the green "install" button, it opens to that app in Snap so we can download from there.
    03-07-15 11:50 PM
    Hello,

I can download apps with Snap but when I click install it gives me an error "android installer not found on device..." I am on 10.3.1.1949. Is there any fix for this?
    thanks.
    03-12-15 03:48 PM
    It's not working on my Z10 Via 10.2.2976

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 12:41 AM
    It's not working for my Z10 Via 10.2.1.2976

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 12:42 AM
    As far as I know that's one of the outstanding issues. Hopefully it will be sorted soon!
    I'm curious why the developer hasn't issued an update to fix the apk download issue. Being able to download and save the apks, then being able to patch those apks, is the main advantage in using Snap. Without that ability I think it is no better than using Google Play.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-18-15 03:06 AM
    I'm curious why the developer hasn't issued an update to fix the apk download issue. Being able to download and save the apks, then being able to patch those apks, is the main advantage in using Snap. Without that ability I think it is no better than using Google Play.

Play Store saves your downloaded apps in the device/downloads folder, from where you can directly patch them ie with Lucky patcher. It saves free and paid apps. Just in case you haven' noticed.
    03-18-15 06:08 AM
    Play Store saves your downloaded apps in the device/downloads folder, from where you can directly patch them ie with Lucky patcher. It saves free and paid apps. Just in case you haven' noticed.
    When using Play Store doesn't the app have to be installed first before the apk is saved? If I recall correctly with Snap the apk was saved without having to install the app first.

I'll give your information a try. I'll also do some searching on my phone. Thanks as always for your help.

03-18-15 06:23 AM
    When using Play Store doesn't the app have to be installed first before the apk is saved? If I recall correctly with Snap the apk was saved without having to install the app first.

I'll give your information a try. I'll also do some searching on my phone. Thanks as always for your help.

The app must not be installed. You can simply cancel installation with the back button or just close Playstore. The apk will still be there in device/downloads folder.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    03-18-15 06:46 AM
    The app must not be installed. You can simply cancel installation with the back button or just close Playstore. The apk will still be there in device/downloads folder.
    Ok...that's the issue. Problem or ignorance solved. Thanks Colbalt.
    03-18-15 11:08 AM

In early iterations of Snap, you didn't have to install and the apk would be there. Then it changed a bit and the app had to be installed before you could see the individual apk. Beta of v3 doesn't have saving of apk implemented yet.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.2267
    Smokeaire likes this.
    03-18-15 03:52 PM
    I prefer Cobalt's Play Store. The only reason I keep Snap v2 in my device is that it shows me updates for patched apps also.
    I use Cobalt's for everything else.
    03-18-15 07:06 PM
    Agree with other recent posts. It appears SNAP v2 does not work with latest leaked versions of OS 10.3.1.
    You can login, but the app does not work properly past that point - crashing before you can do anything meaningful.

same here, also issues when login in.. and once I�m logged in it crashes
    03-21-15 04:43 PM
    same here, also issues when login in.. and once I�m logged in it crashes
    Why are we still trying to get v2 working when Snap V3 is out and works flawlessly?

Posted from Zedrick the 10th
    03-21-15 05:48 PM
    well... I did try the beta v3 before the last OS upadte and it wouldn’t work either.... I’ll try one more time later today to see if it works on the latest OS
    03-22-15 04:04 AM
    Time to move on to the real Google Play Store for Blackberry:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=11189556
    03-22-15 04:56 AM
3,312 ... 126127128129130 ...