Oh God, me too. You have no idea how hard I laughed that Google hasn't implemented such a simple feature. Sometimes I test out an app and hate it and never wanna see it again. I don't need it permanently in my download history. I'm OCD as all hell.

Posted via CB10
    Well, Google DID implement a feature to clear the apps history, but you can only access it with Google Play store App. My patched version of the Google Play store does the job.

Get the required files here:

Google Play store-patched
    Google Login Serivces-patched
    Google Play services-patched (required to run playstore)

Install all files. Then run the Google Play store. It should ask to login. Login using your Google account. Then tap the menu on the top left and go to my apps. Go to tab all and delete the unwanted history.

DO NOT TRY TO DOWNLOAD ANY APK FILES WITH THIS. THE APP WILL INSTANTLY CRASH.

This is because of missing permissions for:
    android.permission.ACCESS_DOWNLOAD_MANAGER
    android.permission.INSTALL_PACKAGES

Can't fix that right now...
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 08-29-14 at 08:40 AM.
    igotaq and coolcut like this.
    08-29-14 06:10 AM
    Have you tested this with 10.3 by chance?

Well, Google DID implement a feature to clear the apps history, but you can only access it with Google Play store App. My patched version of the Google Play store does the job.

Get the required files here:

Google Play store-patched
    Google Login Serivces-patched
    Google Play services-patched (required to run playstore)

Install all files. Then run the Google Play store. It should ask to login. Login using your Google account. Then tap the menu on the top left and go to my apps. Go to tab all and delete the unwanted history.

DO NOT TRY TO DOWNLOAD ANY APK FILES WITH THIS. THE APP WILL INSTANTLY CRASH.

This is because of missing permissions for:
    Downloads.Impl.PERMISSION_ACCESS
    android.permission.INSTALL_PACKAGES

Can't fix that right now...
    08-29-14 07:48 AM
    Have you tested this with 10.3 by chance?
    It works on 10.3. But as stated, you cannot download apps. If you tapped download by accident, the only way to get the store running again is to deinstall and reinstall it. This will clear the download queue, which causes the problem.

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140822_165746.pngSnap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140822_165845.png
    coolcut likes this.
    08-29-14 08:38 AM
    It works on 10.3. But as stated, you cannot download apps. If you tapped download by accident, the only way to get the store running again is to deinstall and reinstall it. This will clear the download queue, which causes the problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140822_165746.png 
Views:	1346 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	294357Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140822_165845.png 
Views:	1353 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	294358
    I should of added that it doesn't for me (running os 10.3.0.1052). Installed all three then ran the play store and it just keeps minimizing to an active frame. Haven't even got to the log in screen.

I will try uninstall everything and reinstall.

*EDIT*

So it appears I did not install all three apk's the first time. It is now working as described.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by coolcut; 08-29-14 at 09:06 AM.
    08-29-14 08:43 AM
    I should of added that it doesn't for me (running os 10.3.0.1052). Installed all three then ran the play store and it just keeps minimizing to an active frame. Haven't even got to the log in screen.

I will try uninstall everything and reinstall.
    Maybe first try to login before starting. Go to Blackberry settings -> Accounts -> add Account -> Google Account (with the blue g logo), then log in.
    08-29-14 09:07 AM
    when will the snap version 3.0 be released?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 09:15 AM
    when will the snap version 3.0 be released?

Posted via CB10
    I would imagine whenever it's ready. Possibly with the mass release of official 10.3 in September/October? That's what I would guess.
    08-29-14 09:20 AM
    Many of us are waiting for that rollout.
    jzajac and m1kr0 like this.
    08-29-14 12:03 PM
    I'm particularly looking forward to a feature James termed as 'Snap Helper', which would supposedly help with the Google Play services problem. Although, he mentioned it a while back, I don't know if it's still in the pipeline for the next update.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    James97 likes this.
    08-29-14 03:18 PM
    I'm particularly looking forward to a feature James termed as 'Snap Helper', which would supposedly help with the Google Play services problem. Although, he mentioned it a while back, I don't know if it's still in the pipeline for the next update.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    this would be a good thing to have though, the google services problem is a pain but i love BB i wouldnt ever dream of leaving for android or ios or windows for that matter

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    08-29-14 03:27 PM
    One app I've downloaded and installed through snap us doggcatcher. However snap doesn't seem to recognise this is the case. Anyone know how to remedy this?

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140831_072125.png

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 01:26 AM
    I have over 1 GB of data stored on the snap application... I only see an option to clear cache... how to clear data

Posted via CB10
    Open your File Manager.
    Left side option, find and tap Device.
    Tap downloads....
    In this folder you'll find all of the APK's that you've downloaded while using Snap. Please note that only the free apps will be found in this folder.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 08:43 AM
    One app I've downloaded and installed through snap us doggcatcher. However snap doesn't seem to recognise this is the case. Anyone know how to remedy this?
    Are you certain you got it using Snap and that you didn't just get the APK somewhere else? Snap will recognize all Android apps that are installed whether you used it or not to obtain the app. Example, it keeps telling me I have an update for Orbital which I downloaded from the Amazon app store when it was free therefore Snap can't update it.

What happens if you tap the app in your list? Does it take you to a download page for it?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 08:46 AM
    Open your File Manager.
    Tap downloads....
    In this folder you'll find all of the APK's that you've downloaded while using Snap. Please note that only the free apps will be found in this folder.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    This is assuming they don't have Snap configured to delete the APK after installing an app.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 08:48 AM
    Can anybody make dots game work?
    It downloads ok but just gives a white scereen
    Last edited by janjan11; 08-31-14 at 11:23 AM.
    08-31-14 08:57 AM
    Open your File Manager.
    Tap downloads....

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    It also assumes that this is where they picked any apk files to be saved to.

If you are saving your apks, go to that folder and delete anything that isn't the most recent working version of the app apk. Just make sure you save your apks until you can test that an update doesn't break something, that way you can delete the broken version and restore a working older version from your stored apk. There's no real benefit to holding on to every apk so it's a good idea to clean then out after app updates.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    08-31-14 09:12 AM
    This is assuming they don't have Snap configured to delete the APK after installing an app.

Posted via CB10
    I went with the assumption that if they don't know how to clear cache, I doubt that they would've changed the settings...
    :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 10:18 AM
    Are you certain you got it using Snap and that you didn't just get the APK somewhere else? Snap will recognize all Android apps that are installed whether you used it or not to obtain the app. Example, it keeps telling me I have an update for Orbital which I downloaded from the Amazon app store when it was free therefore Snap can't update it.

What happens if you tap the app in your list? Does it take you to a download page for it?

Posted via CB10
    Yes I'm aware of this behaviour. If I try to tap on the application in the list there is no response.

I've even deleted the app and tried again but no luck.

Seems like a bug.

As it is it doesn't make me aware of any updates etc.

The version in the Amazon app store is an older version, hence me wanting to use the Snap version.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 10:54 AM
    African users can start using Snap once more. The wrong app bug is gone on 10.3.... I tried it myself

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1154 "the iPhone nemesis"
    Sally Mack likes this.
    09-08-14 01:39 AM
    Yes I'm aware of this behaviour. If I try to tap on the application in the list there is no response.

I've even deleted the app and tried again but no luck.

Seems like a bug.

As it is it doesn't make me aware of any updates etc.

The version in the Amazon app store is an older version, hence me wanting to use the Snap version.

Posted via CB10
    I get this with certain apps that have presumably been taken down from the Google Play Store. For instance, "YouTube to Mp3". I downloaded it with Snap, but some time later the app was nowhere to be found on Google Play.

It wouldn't actually be a bug. Remember Snap is just a storefront and not an app store itself. So if the app is taken down from Google Play Store, you'll get said message.

If you want to make sure this is case, try to look for the app manually through Snap or even on Google Play through a browser.

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    09-08-14 02:52 AM
    This dev needs to push out a new update. App is starting to get slow

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 11:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    You could try clearing your cache in Snap. Failing that, take a deep breathe, relax, and remember the dev is doing this for free. I'm willing to wait for updates whenever he is willing to release them. Because even a little slow, this app is better than anything else out there.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1131 Radio/.1130 OS/.1154 Apps
    bbmtna likes this.
    09-09-14 08:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    The symptom you're describing has no relationship to the dev's release cycle. As someone else mentioned, could be the size of your cache, or one of many other variables.
    09-09-14 08:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    I hate that we all have to play the waiting game, but deep down we know all the apps we're looking to see receive updates are all probably waiting for 10.3. New devices and the official release of an updated OS mean we'll all get brand new stamps in our Passports (see what I did there?).

It's tough to ask, but wait until Nov 1. If there's still nothing that's a totally different situation.
    09-09-14 08:51 AM
    Not much of a technical guy, can someone please assist with instructions on how I can download the snap app to my BB Z10... will really appreciate it. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 11:28 AM
3,312 ... 118119120121122 ...