Seriously, there's no other way eh I had my brother in law do it for me so I'd be lost knowing how to do that,

Posted via CB10
    The method stated here is very simple. It can't get any easier than this How to sideload Snap without any hassle using Snap Installer

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    05-18-14 05:34 AM
    This is a great stride for the BB platform! I do have on issue hoping someone can help. I have installed several apps that I had previously, one being my mobile deposit app. My mobile banking one runs fine but the deposit one opens and forces shut. Any ideas?
    05-18-14 02:36 PM
    Hypothetical question.

If snap was on Beta Zone and never to leave it, would it still be an infringement?

BB10 - call blocking please, BBM - too many to list
    LostOnThePianoRoll likes this.
    05-18-14 08:13 PM
    Good thought Q...

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 08:14 PM
    Good thought Q...

Posted via CB10
    Have you got any ideas on how we can make SNAP installable OTA?

If you ever had to instruct non technical savvy friends/family remotely im sure you get why im asking this question!

Also would be great for all the newbie users out there.

05-18-14 08:23 PM
    Currently no good way, BlackBerry has been advertising the use of alternate app stores including Snap for the z3 release, so I wonder if they will make it easier to use...

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 11:34 PM
    How to install ".bar" file on Blackberry q10???

How dont Blackberry OS10 does not supports Google Products???
    05-19-14 12:54 AM
    Hey Guys!

You may know me from Flip Shush.

I built a native BlackBerry 10 app (Cascades) that allows you to browse, search, view and download apps from Google Play.

Enjoy!

Latest Version: 2.0.0.2

Download: http://redlightoflove.com/ota/Snap-latest.bar

Version 2.0.0.2 Changelog
    • Fix for character encoding introduced in 2.0.0.1

Version 2.0.0.1 Changelog
    • Fix for password with special characters
    • Fix for generic Network Error while downloading
    • Fix for crash after download completion or choosing save folder
    • Fix for Post-install behavior setting dropdown reverting to "Delete APK"
    • Fix for Email address clearing out on unsuccessful sign-in
    • Fix for some Apps not loading description/details
    • Added notification for users with OS version that does not include Android installer

Version 2.0.0.0 Changelog
    • Download previously purchased apps!
    • New layout for home screen
    • General performance improvements for remote images and API calls
    • New Login UI which includes 2-step authentication and link to Help & Privacy Policy
    • New Settings includes generated Android GSF ID, cache size, version number
    • Added ability to Specify APK download location

Previous Changelogs and other information available here: Snap - Red Light Of Love, Ltd.

Frequently Asked Questions

Snap is great! Can I donate money to you?

I really don�t expect any compensation for creating Snap, I just was annoyed with manually transferring APKs and using those other app stores and thought I could make a native Cascades app that downloads them directly from Google Play. After request from several of you, I�ve added a tiny donate button to the bottom of this post.

Attachment 244222 Attachment 225539
    Attachment 225531 Attachment 225538
    Attachment 225533 Attachment 225536

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_LG.gif
    Thank you so much for this ... Made my life Awesome !
    Omnitech likes this.
    05-19-14 03:40 AM
    Hypothetical question.

If snap was on Beta Zone and never to leave it, would it still be an infringement?

The thing is, BlackBerry would never allow a competing store into its eco system, not officially, anyway.

05-19-14 05:56 AM
    How to install ".bar" file on Blackberry q10???

How dont Blackberry OS10 does not supports Google Products???
    Here is how How To Sideload Android Apps on Your BB10 device

05-19-14 06:01 AM
    The thing is, BlackBerry would never allow a competing store into its eco system, not officially, anyway.

It'll be interesting to see if the Google Play Services thing ever pans out.

Posted with a Verizon Z30 running 10.3.0.296/441 and CB10. My channel with zero subscribers
    ZAM515 likes this.
    05-19-14 02:39 PM
    It'll be interesting to see if the Google Play Services thing ever pans out.

I'd say no for a variety of reasons, including the fact that Google's requirements to use it are so demanding now that I cannot see how BlackBerry would ever agree with them unless they sold the company off and switched to Android.

Nor do I personally want anything to do w/ Google frameworks on my BlackBerry. I will happily put up with limited compatibility to keep that garbage off my smartphone(s). The ad networks are bad enough.
    05-19-14 05:47 PM
    I'd say no for a variety of reasons, including the fact that Google's requirements to use it are so demanding now that I cannot see how BlackBerry would ever agree with them unless they sold the company off and switched to Android.

Nor do I personally want anything to do w/ Google frameworks on my BlackBerry. I will happily put up with limited compatibility to keep that garbage off my smartphone(s). The ad networks are bad enough.
    I agree with you. I don't see it really going beyond what we really have currently (outside of updates to the runtime/compatability).

I'm happy with the setup I currently have. Would I like things like Google Books on my Z30? Yes, but there are alternatives that I can easily live with.

Posted with a Verizon Z30 running 10.3.0.296/441 and CB10. My channel with zero subscribers
    05-20-14 10:30 AM
    I agree with you. I don't see it really going beyond what we really have currently (outside of updates to the runtime/compatability).

I'm happy with the setup I currently have. Would I like things like Google Books on my Z30? Yes, but there are alternatives that I can easily live with.

I will be happy when we can edit permissions on our BlackBerry like this article describes in 10.3 leaks.

http://www.berryreview.com/2014/05/1...+(BerryReview)

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    05-20-14 12:07 PM
    Hi,

I love Snap - but I cannot use purchased apps inside of Snap. Everytime this error occurs, the license cannot be verified.

Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140521_002443.png

How to solve this problem?

Daniel
    05-20-14 05:35 PM
    I will be happy when we can edit permissions on our BlackBerry like this article describes in 10.3 leaks.

BlackBerry 10.3 Allows For Android App Permission Changes via "App Ops" - BerryReview

If you were using the Crackberry forum website and thus were able to see my posting signature, you would see I wrote a post about that here on the CB forums before Berryreview did. In fact, they most likely got the idea for their post from mine, since they reference my post in their article and refer people to it to learn how to use that feature..
    SteelGreek likes this.
    05-20-14 06:09 PM
    I love Snap - but I cannot use purchased apps inside of Snap. Everytime this error occurs, the license cannot be verified.
    How to solve this problem?

For what it's worth, I have successfully been granted the ability to use a paid app via Snap at least once. (I did not finish installing it because it had issues with the BB10 runtime. However before purchasing it, I could not even download the file.)

So the paid app capability does work, I don't know what is affecting your situation.

I suppose it's possible that Snap is doing something that makes it look like the users are in North America, which might cause an issue if you are installing in Europe?
    05-20-14 06:17 PM
    For what it's worth, I have successfully been granted the ability to use a paid app via Snap at least once. (I did not finish installing it because it had issues with the BB10 runtime. However before purchasing it, I could not even download the file.)

So the paid app capability does work, I don't know what is affecting your situation.

I suppose it's possible that Snap is doing something that makes it look like the users are in North America, which might cause an issue if you are installing in Europe?
    The issue daniel337 is experiencing has nothing to do with snap. Rather, it's the app that has a license check built into it, which is failing because one of the dependencies it needs to perform the check is failing.

I'd recommend installing com.android.vending.apk, the patched google play services, and the patched google login services.
    jzajac likes this.
    05-20-14 10:01 PM
    The issue daniel337 is experiencing has nothing to do with snap. Rather, it's the app that has a license check built into it, which is failing because one of the dependencies it needs to perform the check is failing.

I'd recommend installing com.android.vending.apk, the patched google play services, and the patched google login services.
    Thank you. Sounds as this problem could be solved.
    Where can I get an actual version of this com.android.vending.apk for the download on my device?
    05-21-14 07:47 AM
    Thank you. Sounds as this problem could be solved.
    Where can I get an actual version of this com.android.vending.apk for the download on my device?
    There's a link in this post. Also, this is a handy thread to read for some apps that won't work.

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10175045
    05-21-14 12:15 PM
    I just downloaded snap from the link, but my blackberry won't open the file. Am I doing something wrong?
    05-21-14 01:36 PM
    I just downloaded snap from the link, but my blackberry won't open the file. Am I doing something wrong?
    Snap needs to be sideloaded. You can't just click and install it. The easiest way to Sideload it can be found below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...3/#post9967976
    05-21-14 01:46 PM
    I?ll throw my two cents in. Everything downloads just fine, but one of my apps from the Amazon app store is referenced incorrectly. It says "gentle alarm" (which I got from the Amazon app store and has a newer version on Google play), but has the "just-eat" (downloaded from snap) icon.
    Oddly enough, this cleared itself after my list of apps to update got quite a bit bigger than usual.
    05-21-14 01:49 PM
    Thanks for making a native app, and so quickly too! I'll try to sideload this later, though I've run out of apps I want to download!

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 02:02 AM
    Just a little idea for snap 2.1 There is now a mobile, touch optimised, Web version of the play store. Would it be worth linking to this for payed apps allowing us to purchase them in a browser window and download them via snap?

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    05-23-14 07:18 PM
3,312 ... 107108109110111 ...