Will this work on a Mac?

Posted via CB10
    You can sideload this on a mac yes.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z30
    04-18-14 08:46 PM
    Just guessing - it may have hardware requirements your device does not meet, or is not available in your area?
    Never seen this error in Snap! before.
    Well, I got an Apk and installed it fine. It keeps crashing on me in various places though. Wonder what's wrong.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 11:19 AM
    Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 09:44 PM
    Hi, tried to download it on my Z10 from redlightoflove.com I must be missing something important, because I could not open the file. Do we have to do anything special in order to get it to work? Thanks.
    04-20-14 05:40 PM
    Hi, tried to download it on my Z10 from redlightoflove.com I must be missing something important, because I could not open the file. Do we have to do anything special in order to get it to work? Thanks.
    The only special thing you have to do is learn how to read.

You're welcome.
    kfroese and ralphlauren27 like this.
    04-20-14 05:45 PM
    I've been having an issue with actually sideloading Snap onto my Blackberry Playbook (it's completely updated and running 2.1.0.1917) as when I use the BB10 App Manager as directed to install the BAR file I receive "Install Snap-2_0_0_2.bar: failure 821 Application-Requires-System: unrecognized system name "
    (It says that it needs blackberry 10: http://puu.sh/8h3nI.png (puush is an image sharing service))

I read up a bit about the error and apparently I need to sideload the Z10 OS or something to that effect? I'm a little lost and would appreciate some guidance as to the next steps.

If anyone could help that would be great.
    Last edited by Vahz; 04-20-14 at 10:20 PM.
    04-20-14 10:01 PM
    You might want to do a bit more reading. Snap requires 10.2.1 to run...

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2947 (2759 radio)
    Vahz likes this.
    04-20-14 10:34 PM
    I've been having an issue with actually sideloading Snap onto my Blackberry Playbook (it's completely updated and running 2.1.0.1917) as when I use the BB10 App Manager as directed to install the BAR file I receive "Install Snap-2_0_0_2.bar: failure 821 Application-Requires-System: unrecognized system name "
    (It says that it needs blackberry 10: http://puu.sh/8h3nI.png (puush is an image sharing service))

I read up a bit about the error and apparently I need to sideload the Z10 OS or something to that effect? I'm a little lost and would appreciate some guidance as to the next steps.

If anyone could help that would be great.
    As the other poster said, Snap will not work on the PlayBook. Only BB10. Since you have the latest PlayBook OS, there is absolutely no way to load BB10 on it. Even if you did Snap wouldn't work as the android runtime is crazy outdated.

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    Vahz likes this.
    04-20-14 10:46 PM
    As the other poster said, Snap will not work on the PlayBook. Only BB10. Since you have the latest PlayBook OS, there is absolutely no way to load BB10 on it. Even if you did Snap wouldn't work as the android runtime is crazy outdated.

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    Ah, that's unfortunate. Thanks for the response though. I'll just have to make do with the abysmal app market on the playbook, then.
    04-20-14 10:50 PM
    I wonder if anyone knows what's wrong with this:

I know an app had a event update, and I downloaded the app via Snap. I went to open it, and it appears to open, but then a message pops up "unfortunately "app" has stopped" and an OK button shows below the message. You press and it exits the app. Try to re-open, and even after device reboot it still says the same thing.
    Would the update to the app have messed up my ability to open it now??

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 11:26 AM

I know an app had a event update, and I downloaded the app via Snap. I went to open it, and it appears to open, but then a message pops up "unfortunately "app" has stopped" and an OK button shows below the message. You press and it exits the app. Try to re-open, and even after device reboot it still says the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like the latest update of that app doesn't run well on the android runtime. Best bet might be to uninstall, and reinstall an older version of that app for now.
    J09GTSGraphite likes this.
    04-21-14 01:46 PM
    Sounds like the latest update of that app doesn't run well on the android runtime. Best bet might be to uninstall, and reinstall an older version of that app for now.
    Sally, that was my thought too, but how do u find an older version of an app via Snap?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 04:51 PM
    If you have snap set to save the apk's to a folder after download, you should be able to dig it out of the folder using file manager and reinstall it.

I think the default storage folder is device/downloads/. Not sure if the default behaviour is to save though. Check it out in your snap settings screen.
    Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140421_181426.png
    04-21-14 05:14 PM
    If you have snap set to save the apk's to a folder after download, you should be able to dig it out of the folder using file manager and reinstall it.

I think the default storage folder is device/downloads/. Not sure if the default behaviour is to save though. Check it out in your snap settings screen.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140421_181426.png 
Views:	2690 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	264708
    Sadly, have it set to delete the file after install.
    Snap - Download Apps from Google Play Directly to your BlackBerry 10.2.1+-img_20140421_211505.png

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 09:15 PM
    Well, there's always google! Or another app store like 1mobile market or Amazon. Sometimes those updates lag behind google play.
    04-22-14 08:49 AM
    Well, there's always google! Or another app store like 1mobile market or Amazon. Sometimes those updates lag behind google play.
    Androiddrawer.com is a good source of older apk's. So is blackmartalpha app.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2947 (2759 radio)
    04-22-14 09:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Happened to me once already. I did everything but nothing worked until I uninstalled and reinstalled Snap

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 09:36 AM
    Snap (ver 2.0.0.2) works ok on my phone (Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2947), but it has problems with the following apps. I repeated each of the installs separately. Each time, after I reinstalled Snap and rebooted my phone.
    1. San Jose Mercury News (Digital First Media Inc), ver 4.6.4.0
    It apparently was installed ok (i.e., the app's icon is on the home screen). When I try to launch the app, it does not run, but that could be an app-specific issue. Snap shows the app in the Available tab. When I view the app's details page in Snap, the "Open Installer" button is active. Also, its .apk file was not moved to the specified folder; I don't find it anywhere in my device's file system.
    2. Police Scanner (Blue fox), ver 1.2
    I got the pop-up message, "unable to install this app." Snap shows the app in the Available tab. When I view the app's details page in Snap, the "Open Installer" button is active. I retried the install process, but Snap still cannot install the app. Also, its .apk file is not visible in my device's file system. I cleared the download by reinstalling Snap.
    3. SMB plugin for Ghost Commander (Ghost Squared), ver 1.3.1
    I tried to install the plugin after I installed Ghost Commander. I got the pop-up message, "unable to install this app." Snap shows the app in the Available tab. When I view the app's details page in Snap, the "Open Installer" button is active. I retried the install process, but Snap still cannot install the app. Also, its .apk file is not visible in my device's file system. I cleared the download by reinstalling Snap.
    04-24-14 10:58 AM
    thank u for the apps though.. it has been workin fine and cool in my bbQ10, except recently when i hit the download button on an application it doe download but download somethin different entirely ...i need help badly as it gets me frustrated. thank u
    04-25-14 12:46 AM
    Androiddrawer.com is a good source of older apk's. So is blackmartalpha app.

As per my usual hall monitoring, I just want to remind people that a HUGE source of malware on Android is via 3rd-party app stores, and if you are installing older apps there's a good chance there are unfixed security vulnerabilities on them even on "legit" apps, etc.

At the very least, download a good antimalware app like Avast or MalwareBytes (via Snap) and have it check everything you download from such places.
    04-25-14 04:22 AM
    thank u for the apps though.. it has been workin fine and cool in my bbQ10, except recently when i hit the download button on an application it doe download but download somethin different entirely ...i need help badly as it gets me frustrated. thank u
    I reported this bug a while ago but every one kept a blind eye to my post. So I stopped using Snap since then.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2234 "the iPhone Nemesis"
    04-25-14 06:05 AM
    The link redirects and then shows a white screen. HELP!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 07:29 AM
    I reported this bug a while ago but every one kept a blind eye to my post. So I stopped using Snap since then.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2234 "the iPhone Nemesis"
    Nobody's turning a blind eye. We're all aware of it since it's been reported by quite a few sources. But only one person can fix it
    04-25-14 02:10 PM
    the Link Up TV app is on snap but doesnt work when you download it! can you please work on that and get it fixed plzzzzz

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 02:41 PM
    the Link Up TV app is on snap but doesnt work when you download it! can you please work on that and get it fixed plzzzzz

Posted via CB10
    That's not Snap's problem. Snap just gives you access to download APKs from the Play Store. If the installation is successful then it's probably the runtime or hardware that isn't compatible.
    04-25-14 03:18 PM
3,312 ... 103104105106107 ...